Art!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Atomik Chicken
Youngling

Art!

Post by Atomik Chicken »

I think yall should check out my artwork when you have the time. Comments are welcome, of course. Thanks :)
http://www.plutonian.org/mps_index.html
--
Ryan Spickard
www.plutonian.org
www.mindlesscartoonviolence.com (under construction)

Work?! Are you kidding?! I'm an artist, we don't do any actual work!
Havok
Miscreant

Re: Art!

Post by Havok »

Not bad. You need to work on proportions. Less defined muscles would make for more realism. Try more shading. And as always, backgrounds always make things look better.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Atomik Chicken
Youngling

Post by Atomik Chicken »

havokeff wrote:Not bad. You need to work on proportions. Less defined muscles would make for more realism. Try more shading. And as always, backgrounds always make things look better.
Thanks for the comments. Actually, the figure drawings I have up are not actually meant to be realistic at all, but stylized. Backgrounds can help sometimes, and when I feel that its important to the piece, then I add it. The figures I have up now are more design work and sketches than what would be called a traditional finished piece.
--
Ryan Spickard
www.plutonian.org

Akkleptos
Jedi Knight

Post by Akkleptos »

Atomik Chicken wrote:Actually, the figure drawings I have up are not actually meant to be realistic at all, but stylized. Backgrounds can help sometimes, and when I feel that its important to the piece, then I add it. The figures I have up now are more design work and sketches than what would be called a traditional finished piece.
Stylized is cool. I've been perusing your site, and I agree. I think your strength is in composition, rather than accuracy or dexterity... Combinations of colour and shapes are your lot, me thinks. Not everybody can pull this, or this, or this off. That's art, man.

Annyone can do doodles... v.g. here's a mere doodle I drew while bored during a History class...

No, Spiderman is NOT that heavy in the upper body... it's the underarm webbing!
Life in Commodore 64:
10 OPEN "EYES",1,1
20 GET UP$:IF UP$="" THEN 20
30 GOTO BATHROOM
GENERATION 29
Don't like what I'm saying?
Take it up with my representative:
Atomik Chicken
Youngling

Post by Atomik Chicken »

Akkleptos wrote:Stylized is cool. I've been perusing your site, and I agree. I think your strength is in composition, rather than accuracy or dexterity... Combinations of colour and shapes are your lot, me thinks. Not everybody can pull this, or this, or this off. That's art, man.
Thanks man :)
Akkleptos wrote: Annyone can do doodles... v.g. here's a mere doodle I drew while bored during a History class...
No, Spiderman is NOT that heavy in the upper body... it's the underarm webbing!
Nice. I love doodling, its a great way to explore diferent methods and styles, and generally kick around artistic ideas in your head.
--
Ryan Spickard
www.plutonian.org