V:tM - New Orleans by Night

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Kelly Antilles wrote:((I don't think the game is going well. I'm sorry, but I think I'm just going to fold it. I hope you enjoyed it even for the short while we were playing. Thanks for your patience))
(How so? I think it's going pretty good. Of course I don't like to see how bad things are....but what ways do you think things are going bad? Or is this just your decision because your too busy to have to worry about DMing an RPG on top of it all?)
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Captain_Cyran wrote:
Kelly Antilles wrote:((I don't think the game is going well. I'm sorry, but I think I'm just going to fold it. I hope you enjoyed it even for the short while we were playing. Thanks for your patience))
(How so? I think it's going pretty good. Of course I don't like to see how bad things are....but what ways do you think things are going bad? Or is this just your decision because your too busy to have to worry about DMing an RPG on top of it all?)
(Well, it's become people chatting in character and a lot of people have dropped out for that reason)
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

(Point conceded)
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Captain_Cyran wrote:(Point conceded)
(You guys are free to play on but we're done)
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Stormbringer wrote:
Captain_Cyran wrote:(Point conceded)
(You guys are free to play on but we're done)
Uh, thanks for answering for me, but no. I'd rather you not play on, unless you plan on starting over. This was my setting and my characters, I don't want anyone else using them.

I think the main reason is we had too diverse a group. Nobody could get along. I thank you for giving me a chance, but I screwed it up royally. I'm sorry.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly Antilles wrote:Uh, thanks for answering for me, but no. I'd rather you not play on, unless you plan on starting over. This was my setting and my characters, I don't want anyone else using them.
Sorry about that Kelly. I didn't mean to do that.
Kelly Antilles wrote:I think the main reason is we had too diverse a group. Nobody could get along. I thank you for giving me a chance, but I screwed it up royally. I'm sorry.
You didn't screw it up. It's just no one wanted have an actual game.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Stormbringer wrote:You didn't screw it up. It's just no one wanted have an actual game.
I don't think that's entirely fair either. I started to ask the other characters questions when I was waiting for something to happen. Nothing happened so we kept talking. (shrug) Personally, I was trying to bring more information out to the group about my character but no one would ask the questions. Very frustrating. You guys were walking around with, and almost even following, a guy you knew nothing about and you didn't even want to ask how on earth he could be 750 years old and know so little about vampire society. You didn't want to know who he was? Who he had been? Hell, my character left his frickin bag alone and no one even looked in it. But that's just my rant because I thought I had a killer back story to Joe and now no one will know it.

I think people wanted to have an actual game but it looked like they wanted Kelly to be the leader of the group and tell everyone where to go as well as being GM. That situation just ends up with people being led by the hand around everything. I mean, if you look at it, when Kelly's character left people just talked until she came back. And when we were actually out and "looking for trouble" so to speak, it all ended with someone wanting to go back to The Eye. The thing just wasn't getting off the ground I guess.

Those are just a few post game thoughts.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Mark S wrote:I think people wanted to have an actual game but it looked like they wanted Kelly to be the leader of the group and tell everyone where to go as well as being GM. That situation just ends up with people being led by the hand around everything. I mean, if you look at it, when Kelly's character left people just talked until she came back. And when we were actually out and "looking for trouble" so to speak, it all ended with someone wanting to go back to The Eye. The thing just wasn't getting off the ground I guess.
That's what I mean Mark, the GM shouldn't have to drag people kicking and screaming along. People didn't want to do much so nothing much happened. I'm interested in playing sometime if we can find some people willing to have a real game.
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Well if it's dead, I'd be interested in hearing a post-mortum from anyone who kept up with the thread but wasn't actually part of it. If such a thing exists.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

That would be me... for the most part. I would have liked to play... it would be nice to have a game with a few characters, not so big as we had, because that made it really hard, especially on me, when the game progresses so far during the day, and I can't keep up with it at night (hence my single post every other page).

In my opinion, it would have been fun, but I started not being able to do it once there was so much going on at once. If ever a new game happens about, I would like to play. But that really isn't my decision.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Damn.

Ah well, i now have one less excuse for not writing my fanfic.

I suppose i get what people are saying, after all my character was caught eavesdropping and then was admitted into the group with little difficulty. I must admit my inexpirience with the game did lead to me generally follow people around, and i thank everyone who had the tolerance to bear the mistakes i made because of it. All in all i did enjoy it while it lasted, but there were a couple of things i'd have liked to have done:

A) Between Mark preparing to go and Mark catching me eavesdropping there was an oppertunity for me to post, but i was offline. I wonder how the story would have gone if Armand hadn't been caught, but if Mark had thought he heard something from the other side of the door, only to find no-one there.

B) When Verilion origionally posted his "woke up in an alley, right!" post i was going to post a bit where Armand got a bit angry, bitching that he hadn't had it "cushy" ( i use the term lightly) like the rest of them, but decided against it. Maybe i should have took the risk, the wonders of hindsight.
(By "Cushy" i mean having another vampire there to tell them about things, help them a little, at least give them a bit of a hint about the politics of the vampire world. As mentioned before, Armand found out he was a vampire after almost being burnt to death the next morning.)
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

I'm definately interested in starting up soemthing new, I think we should do it. It'll be the second attempt, learning from all our mistakes.
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

I have read the entire story (gasp!) and I think it had potential. I agree completely- it seemed most players wanted to follow someone, anyone at all. Frankly, I'd be surprised if Kelly could actually provide all that and have a life. I think starting over would be a good idea, I for one am interested in joining and had planned to within the next day or so :( Maybie a set of rules or some kind of background guidelines would be helpful. I realize Kelly gave a decent description of the Eye and what have you, but I think something a little more... leading, was needed. Encourage people to start things, anything over talking until someone takes the lead. Most importantly, make a dynamic environment that cannot become stagnant.

That's a lot of talk and few actual ideas you can hold in your hand, but I'm afraid I'm not a GM or story teller by nature- I must leave it to people better suited.

Oh well. just my two cents.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

......and I never got past my character's intro.....oh well. Maybe I'll work him into a future fanfic.
JADAFETWA
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

I'm sorry Iggy.... I really am. It's just... too many people and me not having enough time to really GM this game. It was really stupid of me to even try. I knew I couldn't handle it. I'm sorry.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I'm sorry Iggy.... I really am. It's just... too many people and me not having enough time to really GM this game. It was really stupid of me to even try. I knew I couldn't handle it. I'm sorry.
Well, it's partially my own fault....I didn't anticipate how much time just writing his intro would take.
JADAFETWA
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Kelly Antilles wrote:I'm sorry Iggy.... I really am. It's just... too many people and me not having enough time to really GM this game. It was really stupid of me to even try. I knew I couldn't handle it. I'm sorry.
Kelly, it isn't you fault. People just wanted someone to lead them around and you couldn't do that.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

Stormbringer wrote:
Kelly, it isn't you fault. People just wanted someone to lead them around and you couldn't do that.
Also, look at it this way: You tried. Maybe it might've helped to cap the number of participants, but that is something you have to look at for the future.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

It sure wasn't your fault.
It was fun, and if we are to try sometime agian, I'd be in...

It might be a good idea to share GM-ship, so that there are more people around who know how the story is suppopsed to unfold...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

During these last two weeks I have been preparing for the first phase of my matriculation exam - hearing comprehension tests of the foreign langauges, so I wasn't able to post as much. However, it's no excuse for not mentioning anyone about this and for that I'm sorry.

Thank you all, this was a really nice experience. Now I really wish I would've been more active and better player.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Larz
Rabid Monkey

Post by Larz »

It was great while it lasted Kelly. I think the thing that really killed it is peoples schedules and the sheer number of people. I know I went from being one several times a day (I do mean day, which puts me at odds with a number of the night crowd) at the beginning to being on sparringly (finals), to not at all (break), to sparringly (now), and thats just MY crazy system of posting to this, who knows how odd everyone elses schedule got while trying to do this. It didn't help that so many people were trying to get in while everyone was trying to become friendly with everyone else and it all just went to hell when people couldn't keep up or got ahead (again, due to schedules). You tried your best Kelly, and it was fun. Well, thats my 2 cents worth on this topic...
"Once again we wanted our heroes to be simple, grizzled everymen with nothing to lose; one foot in the grave, the other wrapped in an American flag and lodged firmly in a terrorist's asshole."

Brotherhood of the Monkey: Nonchalant Disgruntled Monkey
Justice League