Celtic Bagpipes (techno remix)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Essence of Owl
Redshirt

Celtic Bagpipes (techno remix)

Post by Essence of Owl »

ever hear this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-gu7Jev2Ac

I like to visualize stuff, especially instrumental music and this tune reminds me of a Padawan's trials to become a master Jedi.

01:05 or so, he or she is about to face the enemy and as the music speeds up, the enemy approaches quickly, lightsabers lit.

01:27, the Jedi lights his lightsaber as the Sith lord flies and flips overhead.

Basic melee ensues. The Padawan seems to have the upper hand at first until about 02:49 where the Sith lord makes a very devastating and devious force move. The Padawan is okay.

3:17, back on his feet and he's fighting like nobody's business!

05:34, withdraw and regroup. Seems like someone lost their lightsaber because at 05:41, there's a sound that sounds like a lightsaber igniting. They circle each other posturing.

07:24, a big force push from both sides at the same time. Think first-strike nuclear detonation.

07:46, sabers swinging so fast, they look purple in the air (red and blue blades)

08:30, the Padawan is wearing down the Sith lord and striking hits against him.

08:52, the Padawan is victorious.
Akkleptos
Jedi Knight

Re: Celtic Bagpipes (techno remix)

Post by Akkleptos »

That's an interesting visualisation you propose.

Nevertheless, Hades would probably experience an Ice Age before a simple padawan -regardless of how gifted- could ever take on a Sith Apprentice (not to mention a Sith Lord) and expect to live.

First time I've heard of padawan-wank, though :P
Life in Commodore 64:
10 OPEN "EYES",1,1
20 GET UP$:IF UP$="" THEN 20
30 GOTO BATHROOM
GENERATION 29
Don't like what I'm saying?
Take it up with my representative:
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

It's my understanding that there was far more parity between Sith and Jedi combat skills before Darth Bane's reforms made the Sith develop more fighting ability than the jedi (see Yoda's thoughts regarding 'training to fight the last war).

And more simply put: Luke Skywalker. Despite being trained in a new way, rather than the ossified overconfidence of the old order, he was not yet a Jedi Knight (though the term padawan wasn't used), and he defeated one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever.

In any case, this belongs in AMP.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

Slightly off topic but the song is Power of Celtic by Shiva Shidapu
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Akkleptos
Jedi Knight

Post by Akkleptos »

NecronLord wrote:And more simply put: Luke Skywalker. Despite being trained in a new way, rather than the ossified overconfidence of the old order, he was not yet a Jedi Knight (though the term padawan wasn't used), and he defeated one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever.
So right. And, me, oh so wrong. And your historic bit about Yoda, well, I simply didn't factor that in. So, essentially yes, I guess it could happen.

On a nicer note, do try his "visualisation". It plays out quite nicely if your imagination can keep up with the music.
Life in Commodore 64:
10 OPEN "EYES",1,1
20 GET UP$:IF UP$="" THEN 20
30 GOTO BATHROOM
GENERATION 29
Don't like what I'm saying?
Take it up with my representative:
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

NecronLord wrote:And more simply put: Luke Skywalker. Despite being trained in a new way, rather than the ossified overconfidence of the old order, he was not yet a Jedi Knight (though the term padawan wasn't used), and he defeated one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever.
How much of that was because he was a Jedi and how much of that was because he was Luke Goddamn Skywalker? He's probably the most powerful Force-user of any alignment ever. That said, I agree that all else being equal, the dark side offers marginal advantages at best (and at a non-negligible cost in health and sanity).