Photos of Bath & Bristol Area (BIG).

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Photos of Bath & Bristol Area (BIG).

Post by Big Orange »

Bristol Harbour:

From my house:

Frpm the Asda (a division of Wal-Mart) carpark, Longwell Green:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: Photos of Bath & Bristol Area (BIG).

Post by Big Orange »

From the bike track towards Bath (it was a branch line):

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

How long is that bike track? It looks like nice country for cycling.
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

How in the seven hells of a demonic dogs arse did you manage not to get a few shows off the the S.S. Great Britain For shame, BO, for shame! ;)

Nice area though, I'd forgotten about the train, heh.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Pics are nice, but too damn large for a laptop screen :).
First shot (of the harbour) is great, second of the train with the sun is really nice (I like it).
The 3d,4th and many more shots are badly overexposed (the sky is white, and a lot of the colours and contrast are burned out). What settings were you using?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Simplicius wrote:How long is that bike track? It looks like nice country for cycling.
It is only about 13 miles, but that is lengthy enough on foot or bike. Official website here.

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Broadmead shopping distric, Bristol:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The Avon valley and River Avon:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

It's snowing!!!

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

My snowy neighborhood at night:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Another snowy evening from the 6th of Febuary:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Now some snapshots of Bath.

Future Publishing headquarters:

A street:

New shopping area (under construction):

Shopping district:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The Bath Cathedral square:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Behind the Bath House:

Grand Parade:

Rugby stadium:

Pulteney Bridge:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

More of the Rugby stadium:

From around Great Pulteney Street:

Northgate:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Milsom Street:

George Steet:

I can't be buggered to post the 60+ other photos of Bath this evening, but comments are welcome...

Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

It's amazing how much the terrain looks like that in the area where I live.

Also, nice kitty cat you have there.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

OK, more areas of Bath (Barlett, Bennett, and Saville Row):

The world famous Circus:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Brock Street: