EW.com reveals new Enterprise

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Re: EW.com reveals new Enterprise

Post by Crayz9000 »

Skylon wrote:
Bounty wrote:
Well, if you want a sneak peek at the engineering set, the scenes that take place in it were filmed at a redressed section of the Anheuser-Busch brewery at Van Nuys, previously of V fame. So no carpets for Scotty, and confirmation that the Enterprise runs on beer.
This would be great news, except this means it runs on Budweiser. :(
So could Doc Brown's DeLorean in BttF2... :lol:
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

Crayz9000 wrote:
Skylon wrote:
Bounty wrote:
Well, if you want a sneak peek at the engineering set, the scenes that take place in it were filmed at a redressed section of the Anheuser-Busch brewery at Van Nuys, previously of V fame. So no carpets for Scotty, and confirmation that the Enterprise runs on beer.
This would be great news, except this means it runs on Budweiser. :(
So could Doc Brown's DeLorean in BttF2... :lol:
I suppose it needs to be used for something. :)
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Anguirus wrote:Hmm. I thought until recently that the fronts of the nacelles would still glow red when active. Guess it's all blue...not sure how I feel about that. I liked the red on the classic Enterprise.
Oh wow, the "slap blue LEDs on everything" shit has even gotten into Star Trek. Some day people are going to look back and wonder why there was this sudden fascination with bright blue LEDs.

Also I hadn't realized just how curvy that ship is.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I rather think I'm beginning to stop disliking this ship. Move the neck forward and unbulge the forward ends of the nacelles, and I might start liking it.
I AM with U235 on the blue lights thing.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

The blues are a light more subdued in the actual footage. I think it's just a quirk of the model.