Aerospace Museum Hill AFB (lots of pics)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Knife
Emperor's Hand

Aerospace Museum Hill AFB (lots of pics)

Post by Knife »

So, yeah, spent the afternoon there with the family.

B1b and my daughter. While not the best 'purchase' aesthetically it has always been one of my favorites.

Nice silhouette.

Money shot.

But don't worry Shep, I have your back;

B52

Good shot of the nose.

Not SAC, so turn your back.

But Knife? You ask, what do those B52's carry?

But what type of bombs are those?

Ok, so the B52's didn't carry them...

This did though.

Tail guns

Whole tail section.

Along the right wing to the cockpit.

Some odds and ends;

Globemaster if I'm not mistaken.

P38

Nose art B17

B24

We've come a long way to my Vulcan 900.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Re: Aerospace Museum Hill AFB (lots of pics)

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Some dang nice shots there. Especially the silloutte shot for the shot of the craft, and "some odds and ends".
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

This brings back memories. I haven't been to there in so long. I always enjoyed those visits. Thanks for posting these.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:This brings back memories. I haven't been to there in so long. I always enjoyed those visits. Thanks for posting these.

Yeah, I go about every five or so years it seems. They keep making it better, though they used to have an SR-71 I really loved and it's gone.

Here's some more goodies;

B17 tail gunner

Waist guns of the B17

Ball turret. Good view but shitty job.

Another shot of the P38.

F4, duh!

This is a model of the trinity device they apparently made for the movie "Oppenheimer" as a prop and then the Museum got a hold of it. Neat looking thing.

The family in front of the MASH helicopter, nomenclature escapes me at the moment.

Old school ambulance.

Probably won't see these jeeps at Moab.

Only decent picture of the A26 that I got. Black didn't show up well.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

No. 10: Bell 47 OH-13 Sioux
Manufacturer: Bell Helicopter
Type: General Utility Helicopter
Powerplant: One Lycoming V0-435-A1B 6-Cylinder Engine
Principal Armament: Two 7.62-mm Machine Guns
Carrying Capacity: 2 Medical Litters or 1,000-pound Cargo
Maximum Cruising Speed: 83 mph

The first of many U.S. Army helicopters to be named after Native American tribes, the Bell 47 Sioux was distinctive for its bubble canopy, exposed welded-tube tail boom and saddle fuel tanks. Its two-bladed rotor made a "chop-chop" sound, leading to the nickname "chopper" for helicopters. Easily recognizable for its appearances in the smash hit film and television series MASH, the Sioux earned its reputation during the Korean war -- the conflict in which helicopters first cut their teeth.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Last bunch of shots are all blurred or had a crazy high ISO - I'd recommend using a flash next time you come there next decade ;)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

DEATH wrote:Last bunch of shots are all blurred or had a crazy high ISO - I'd recommend using a flash next time you come there next decade ;)
They were all off my blackberry.