Class doodles...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Class doodles...

Post by TheMuffinKing »

...brought to a state of semi-fruition!
Big Orange wrote:I wonder if you can design an imposing corporate logo for your soldiers, tanks, and mechs, to hint they're all working for an quintessentially evil megacorporation.
This got me thinking of some stuff. Having night classes from 1630 to 2130, I have to stave off sleep by doodling and I decided to take a crack at some logos and insignia for giving my drawings a sense of unity. In accordance with Big Orange's suggestion here are some preliminary ideas for my evil megacorporation's logo!

After these, I'll upload some other stuff crowding the margins of my humanities notebook.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Re: Class doodles...

Post by Phantasee »

Top left is the only one that really says 'profit maximization' to me. Maybe bottom left too. The others are just way too obviously evil, nobody would ever support that corporation. Nobody would believe a word of their press releases, either:

"Sinister Corporation is pleased to announce we have donated $11 million dollars to clean water efforts in African villages, improving the lives of thousands of orphans."

"Isn't that because the courts ordered you to clean up the water after you poisoned all those wells? And didn't you kill all the parents of those kids, in the first place?"

"No comment."

Bottom left is too benign, actually. Top left works.
XXXI
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I like the one with the knot and the star and the leaves. It doesn't look as stereotypical as a dumb skull or a hand gripping a world, or Earth with arrows pointing up and down (unless if it doubles as a compass! A GOLDEN COMPASS!).

Man, your logo should totally be 40k. With banners of skulls with spikes, on top of spiked skull-banners, with banner-spike-skulls on them, waving on skull-spike banners!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
FA Xerrik
Padawan Learner

Post by FA Xerrik »

I'm actually rather taken with the hand-gripping-world one. Something about it is just so deliciously corporate. I think it could fly.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Thanks for the positive feedback, here is more stuff, fleshed out from simple margin doodles.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

I like the Steampunk/Roman-style logo you've chosen, but maybe it is a bit too elaborate for corporate branding? Corporate branding in the last 60 years is actually pretty abstract and stark.

Here is my interpretation of two of your logos I liked the most (cruddy doodling alert):

Some more logos:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Some of those logos are based on fictional media: the owl emblem is for the Tyrell Corporation from Blade Runner, the "PI" lettering is for Page Industries from Deus Ex, the "T-A" brand represents Tessier-Ashpool from William Gibson's Neuromancer, and the coiled snake is of course supposed to represent COBRA from the G.I. Joe franchise.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

I like the "A-T" Chevron one.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Emblems for two James Bond organizations:

And here are two refined logos TheMuffinKing could use:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Here is a halftrack I doodled in Humanities class. I worked on it a bit after I got home. I was trying to make a huge halftrack MRAP...a "masstrack" if you will. I don't think it's beefy enough.

Magister Militum
Redshirt

Post by Magister Militum »

The top left one is definitely the superior choice for the reasons that have already been mentioned, although I do have a certain fondness for the evil-looking hand clutching the world (maybe they can use it on their internal memos?)
"America is impossible to conquer. There are too many gas stations and too many empty coca-cola bottles there." -Gregory Zhukov

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

From this...

I have drawn this...

All praise must go to the coffee bean, for giving me the focus to complete a drawing (for now)!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Big Orange wrote:I like the Steampunk/Roman-style logo you've chosen, but maybe it is a bit too elaborate for corporate branding? Corporate branding in the last 60 years is actually pretty abstract and stark.

Here is my interpretation of two of your logos I liked the most (cruddy doodling alert):

IMAGES

Some of those logos are based on fictional media: the owl emblem is for the Tyrell Corporation from Blade Runner, the "PI" lettering is for Page Industries from Deus Ex, the "T-A" brand represents Tessier-Ashpool from William Gibson's Neuromancer, and the coiled snake is of course supposed to represent COBRA from the G.I. Joe franchise.
Very cool stuff. These seem more appropriate as logos, my stuff (as was pointed out) looks more 40kish than anything else. I may try my hand at refining your doodly art. I think your doodles are is very cool.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

A dropship

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Great drawing, but I'm not so sure about the Helghast's forearms...

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Big Orange wrote:Great drawing, but I'm not so sure about the Helghast's forearms...
Yeah, the arms are way off. :( I just got so far into it that I felt too lazy I guess to fix them.