Jedi/Dark Jedi vs Vampire from World of Darkness

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

LordQem
Redshirt

Jedi/Dark Jedi vs Vampire from World of Darkness

Post by LordQem »

Hmm, almost everything is in topic... what, in your opinion, are chances of Jedi/Dark Jedi Master versus Vampire from WoD?
"Live to win, dare to fail."
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Is it a Dark Ages vampire or a Modern Day vampire?
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
LordQem
Redshirt

Post by LordQem »

Well, i don't know what's the difference in skills between those two kinds of vampires... can you write about both of them?
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

Well without a situation to flesh this all out I'm going to say this is straight up fighting and the vampires win overall. Normally the jedi would prob win but the higher up you go the more powerful you are going to get. A sith or jedi master wouldn't be able to last a secound if we start talking anti-devlians.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

"You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same."

"A Eater of the Sacred Cow"

"Mother Fucking Team Wrecker"
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Re: Jedi/Dark Jedi vs Vampire from World of Darkness

Post by Majin Gojira »

LordQem wrote:Hmm, almost everything is in topic... what, in your opinion, are chances of Jedi/Dark Jedi Master versus Vampire from WoD?
NEWBIE!

SUPER ATOMIC POKE OF DOOOOOM!!![/b]
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Re: Jedi/Dark Jedi vs Vampire from World of Darkness

Post by Stormbringer »

LordQem wrote:Hmm, almost everything is in topic... what, in your opinion, are chances of Jedi/Dark Jedi Master versus Vampire from WoD?
How old is the vampire? Some of the truly old ones would tear apart most Jedi but a newly sired one would soon have a fatal sunburn.
beyond hope
Jedi Council Member

Post by beyond hope »

A Jedi knight will be a dire threat to anything short of a Methuselah or Antediluvian vampire. A vampire would have to have at least some degree of Celerity simply to keep up with Jedi reflexes and speed. Potence would only come into play if the vampire can manage to actually hit the Jedi. A lightsaber would cause aggravated damage as well: that would mean that a vampire struck by one would have to have Fortitude simply to resist the attack, and there would be no quick regeneration after the hit (it takes a full day of rest and 5 blood points just to heal one level of aggravated damage.) Given Jedi mental abilities, the effectiveness of Dominate and Presence on them is debateable: a Jedi may well be sufficiently strong-willed to resist them. Add to that stakes thrown by telekinesis.

Finally, let's remember the most important advantage Jedi have: they can walk around in broad daylight when Kindred have problems even waking up and moving around. Thus, the Jedi need never fight a vampire while it is at the peak of it's abilities: find their lair and hack through the defending ghouls until you can drag the poor suckhead out in the sun instead.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

You wouldn't have to go that far up to find a good match for a Jedi knight. Even a large number of young vampires could prob take one down and if its one thing vampires will have its numbers. And a eldar with a good selection of displines at level 5 or beyound would go thru a bunch of young jedi like a knife thru butter.
Village Idiot: "Or why one person opinion's of another person doesn't mean squat in the large scheme of things"

Marcus
Padawan Learner

Post by Marcus »

Depends on the Jedi.

Depends on the Vampire.

Depends on prexisiting information available to either.

Sorry if thats boring, but thats the way it is.

~MOST~ Jedi can certainly beat up ~MOST~ vampires. But the Vampire personal power spread is alot broader, and we have record of a newly-risen from Torpor Ravenna that required multiple atomic weapons to bring down.
xiophen
Youngling

Post by xiophen »

DEpends on the vampire gen we are talking about, and the clan.
if we go one of the combat clans it works out like this...

gen 13-11 your vamp can easily take on an average training padiwan.
10-8 your asking a jedi knight to fight against something thats going to be faster more experience and can probably rip a jedi to pieces in a single 6 second time frame.
7-5 Your average jedi master is going to have to be lucky.
4 yoda/ Palpy might be able to win * combat vamps will move faster then the eye can follow will be invis and can rip a tank apart and can take a lightsaber hit*
3rd any jedi sith lord you throw at them is a nice new blood bag these guys will be immune to what ever force trick short of force storm and even that WOD recent antedeluvian waking *Ravnos* Killed a silver pack, 2 of the most powerful eastern vamps, and several technocracies "nukes" and was still standing. granted the subsequent sun did kill him. Ravnos was not a combat oreintated Antedeluvian and he was one of the weaker ones. god help your jedi/ sith lord that comes upon Brujah, Gangrel, Assamite.

2nd gen. throw any combo of jedi/ sith lrod at them and they are lunch.

Caine throw every jedi sith lord at him and they are toast.
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

Actually, Most vampires cannt handle most garous that easily and A jedi is a better version of the garou. From the old sheets I remember Tariq, Mithras, Baba Yaga, Enkidu, Shaitan, Kemintiri or alikes (and they are top, 4th generation but Tariq, a overpowering 6th) could resist being tear apart by a sword that will do agravated damage, that can kill with one single attack, that do a lot of damage and against things with such mental powers...
A Jedi, a good one is a basically a Akashik Brotherhood with a lot of stats in Do and Mind...truly dangerous.
Muffin is food. Food is good. I am a Muffin. I am good.
xiophen
Youngling

Post by xiophen »

lgot wrote:Actually, Most vampires cannt handle most garous that easily and A jedi is a better version of the garou. From the old sheets I remember Tariq, Mithras, Baba Yaga, Enkidu, Shaitan, Kemintiri or alikes (and they are top, 4th generation but Tariq, a overpowering 6th) could resist being tear apart by a sword that will do agravated damage, that can kill with one single attack, that do a lot of damage and against things with such mental powers...
A Jedi, a good one is a basically a Akashik Brotherhood with a lot of stats in Do and Mind...truly dangerous.

Yeah but a jedi with the exception of maybe yoda or palpy would never get above rmaybe rank 2 mage in WOD stats. Though I was thinking A good comparison for a jedi woukld probably be a technacracy hunter since they would have access to the weapons tech to make a jedi look paltry.
Hehe that be an interesting debate the WOD tenchocracy unleashed on any sci fi universe. Given the the various Mage writing for the technocracy they could probably screw over most other sci fi series if they had no restraints on them.....
LordQem
Redshirt

Post by LordQem »

Well, I red about Dark Jedi, who was able to kill every life on the planet, or even destroy the stars... and Jedi have excellent hmm 'control' over the dead/inanimate materials (and Vampires are dead). What can Vampire do, if I will take him up e.g. 5 metres above the ground (using Force, of course) and then cut him into pieces? I don't even have to come near him, but can just throw my lightsabre, and control it with a Force. Another advantage of Jedi is greater speed when using the Force and the thing, that they can see the nearest future. I will know each vampire's attack before it will happen. Or, again because of excellent control of dead/inanimate materials I think I can e.g. squeeze Vampire's head using a Force... what do yuo think about it?

And with Cain... hmm, what if I e.g. burn him and blow his ashes for all of the Universe? Or close each piece of ash in separate diamond? (I know it's abstraction, but I'm just curious)
xiophen
Youngling

Post by xiophen »

LordQem wrote:Well, I red about Dark Jedi, who was able to kill every life on the planet, or even destroy the stars... and Jedi have excellent hmm 'control' over the dead/inanimate materials (and Vampires are dead). What can Vampire do, if I will take him up e.g. 5 metres above the ground (using Force, of course) and then cut him into pieces? I don't even have to come near him, but can just throw my lightsabre, and control it with a Force. Another advantage of Jedi is greater speed when using the Force and the thing, that they can see the nearest future. I will know each vampire's attack before it will happen. Or, again because of excellent control of dead/inanimate materials I think I can e.g. squeeze Vampire's head using a Force... what do yuo think about it?

:lol: ohh the old lift and discect trick. against lower generations this would work up until they shoot you with a shot gun. considering how much effort we see yoda and doku exerting to hold blocks then youd be a dead jedi. most vampires would probably not fall for said trick and if they did just shoot you at range with what ever gun they had while you were concentrating.
the combative clans would probably disect you with a superior use of speed willpower and stamina. the magic clans would fry your blood where you stood. The non combat clans would have superior mid capabilites and either mind fuck you or use superior TK against you.
Cambat vamps by the way would beHighly resistant to your little head pop trick and throwing your light sabre might kill a vamp or might not if it doesnt your jedi is then promptly screwed.

And with Cain... hmm, what if I e.g. burn him and blow his ashes for all of the Universe? Or close each piece of ash in separate diamond? (I know it's abstraction, but I'm just curious)
Okay Ravnos a 3rd gen vamp. came out of sleep in a severly weakened state again killed a silver pack. *The best the Garou can muster to fight evil things* 2 ancient Eastern vampires which are nastiness in themselves. And survived being hit by multiple special Nukes strikes

Caine is about 1000 time more powerful the Ravnos was at that point in time. short of a Lucky force storm or a passing DS I doubt your average jedi in a one on one would last long enough to register that he was fighting something.
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

Yeah but a jedi with the exception of maybe yoda or palpy would never get above rmaybe rank 2 mage in WOD stats.
Man, Yoda is like, Caine's bane.
Luke, someone training, can lift a ship. It is needed a lot of success to do that with a low Avatar. That jump of young Anakin then ? Feeling the mind or feelings of someone in other planet ? The man is a oracle.
Now, the book you mean is like Demon Hunter X, actually the only supplement for East that I found good.
xiophen
Youngling

Post by xiophen »

lgot wrote:
Yeah but a jedi with the exception of maybe yoda or palpy would never get above rmaybe rank 2 mage in WOD stats.
Man, Yoda is like, Caine's bane.
Luke, someone training, can lift a ship. It is needed a lot of success to do that with a low Avatar. That jump of young Anakin then ? Feeling the mind or feelings of someone in other planet ? The man is a oracle.
Now, the book you mean is like Demon Hunter X, actually the only supplement for East that I found good.
Okay how would yoda sense him? this is a being that on power levels is short of Archangels in WOD. The guy can hide his thoughts from every creature in the WOD. That can fry a creature by mer4ely looking at it I doubt the combined might of the jedi's and sith could stop him.
lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

Actually, Yoda levels of power senses is beyond WoD. No matter the success, No one can sense people in other planetary system like yoda did. or a beginer like Luke did.
The Yoda's caine bane is more like a joke, Caine's powers are not described enough to have a argument about, it is more or less to mean he is the ante-diluvian Jedi, ok ?
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

lgot wrote:Actually, Yoda levels of power senses is beyond WoD. No matter the success, No one can sense people in other planetary system like yoda did. or a beginer like Luke did.
The Yoda's caine bane is more like a joke, Caine's powers are not described enough to have a argument about, it is more or less to mean he is the ante-diluvian Jedi, ok ?
Correct me if I'm wrong. But seansing only happens with other Jedi and people a Jedi knows personally. Completly useless on a stranger or non-force user.
And even the most powerful Jedi is still realativly fragile. They might be able to destroy a star but a nuke would kill them.

lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

No you are not wrong. And yet still much beyond the level of the sphere mind, who works quite alike.
Darth_Shinji
BANNED

Post by Darth_Shinji »

lgot wrote:No you are not wrong. And yet still much beyond the level of the sphere mind, who works quite alike.
How do they go about tracking a stranger? All I've ever seen was Luke in ESB and the force seansing in Dark Empire. I've never heard of them looking for a stranger across a content, much less solor systems.

lgot
Jedi Knight

Post by lgot »

I have no idea
But that is irrelevant, I said they are better than mages and there was answer they are not. Then this one is just one evidence that they control a power biggert than a mage, that is all. Nothing to do with defeating anyone.
xiophen
Youngling

Post by xiophen »

lgot wrote:I have no idea
But that is irrelevant, I said they are better than mages and there was answer they are not. Then this one is just one evidence that they control a power biggert than a mage, that is all. Nothing to do with defeating anyone.
Caine has every discipline and then some under his belt at full power and probably then some. Even giving Yoda a chance to find him with his mind thats going to be a hard task for yoda. *even at mind level 5 thats and awful big Vses roll considering caine would have something like 20 dicce Vs a mages at best 10 or 12*

Then what send the jedi out to hunt him down? Caine would be virtually immune to everything the Jedi would throw at him see Ravnos example above. *see Time of thin blood for full story* Worse yet he can probably massacre the jedi without them knowing hes there. * obsfucate level 10, Temporus level 10*

a 2nd and 3rd gen would be simular to caine above. the only time a jdei would really stand a chance against vampires would be at arround gen 8 or 9ish when the bloods thin down almost completly.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Darth_Shinji wrote:
lgot wrote:Actually, Yoda levels of power senses is beyond WoD. No matter the success, No one can sense people in other planetary system like yoda did. or a beginer like Luke did.
Correct me if I'm wrong. But seansing only happens with other Jedi and people a Jedi knows personally. Completly useless on a stranger or non-force user.
And even the most powerful Jedi is still realativly fragile. They might be able to destroy a star but a nuke would kill them.
Obi-Wan sensed the bounty hunter that was behind him in AotC and cut of her arm. AFAIK, Obi didn't know the bounty hunter, nor was she a force user. Obi also sensed the deaths of all the people on Alderaan when it blew up and he was many lightyears away then.

A sith could just use Force Lightning on the vampire because Electrical is a form of Aggravated Damage, isn't it? The Jedi/Sith is also likely to resist all the psychic powers of the vampire, especially if it's a newly "embraced" vampire. All the Jedi have to do is to cut off the vampire's head, which should be too hard, the Jedi just uses his precog-abilities, sees where the vampire will be in a few moments, and put his lightsabre there.
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
xiophen
Youngling

Post by xiophen »

Dooey Jo wrote:
Darth_Shinji wrote:
Obi-Wan sensed the bounty hunter that was behind him in AotC and cut of her arm. AFAIK, Obi didn't know the bounty hunter, nor was she a force user. Obi also sensed the deaths of all the people on Alderaan when it blew up and he was many lightyears away then.

A sith could just use Force Lightning on the vampire because Electrical is a form of Aggravated Damage, isn't it? The Jedi/Sith is also likely to resist all the psychic powers of the vampire, especially if it's a newly "embraced" vampire. All the Jedi have to do is to cut off the vampire's head, which should be too hard, the Jedi just uses his precog-abilities, sees where the vampire will be in a few moments, and put his lightsabre there.
Lightning is agrevated damage,
How would the jedi's resist the vampire Mental powers? yes you have the One instance where a sith lord stops a mental powers but not all vampires Mental powers work that way they range from illusions, to emotional control.
A combat vampire is going to be moving faster then you average jedi. and will be atacking using a variety of methods god help you with a supped up Brujah with a 3 or 4 celerity firing shots guns at you. Or an assimite concealing his presence from you then poping any of the variety of nasty attacks that can be done with quetis.
so on and so forth each of the various combat vamps from even the 13-10 gens would cause a jedi problems.
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

And God help the Jedi versus any Tremere who has mastered the Path of Blood even up to Level five, a feet availble to most Tremere, As he is then Able to Boil away over half the Blood in a Human's Body in a remarkable fast time, no blocking or avoiding it.... Hell any Vamp whose learnt outside the Clans box is threat, what about facing a Giovanni, or a Samedi fight those wriths, and avoid the Samedi's Limb shrinking Touch....
From a review of the two Towers.... 'As for Gimli being comic relief, what if your comic relief had a huge axe and fells dozens of Orcs? That's a pretty cool comic relief. '