Galen Vs The Emperor

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Galen Vs The Emperor

Post by Ubiquitous »

[This is B5 Vs SW, but I don't know whether to post it here or in 'Other sci-fi']

The fight is between Galen, the Technomage from B5, and Emperor Palpetine. Galen has just left Z'Ha'Dum in 2261 and knows the seven basic spells of the Shadows. The Emperor is the same power as he was on the Death Star.

The fight takes place with no outside interference, or any weapons at all. The only powers that may be used are the force and the powers of the tech. The fight takes place in a 1km² complex that cannot be exited until one of the beings is dead.

Who wins this clash of the two universes 'wizards'?
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

I've never read any of the Technomage books but couldn't Palpy just disconnect Galen's cybernetic parts?
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

StarshipTitanic wrote:I've never read any of the Technomage books but couldn't Palpy just disconnect Galen's cybernetic parts?
No; they are not external. The chrylisis is external, but they don't use that after becoming full technomages.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

This is a classic "unrealistic situation" match. The two characters would never end up in such an environment with such a limited assortment of equipment.

Please try to come up with a more plausible scenario. You are deliberately stripping Palpatine of the foresight and long-range planning abilities that are his greatest assets, and you are putting unnecessary restrictions on Galen, as well (since he considers his staff to be his greatest asset).[/i]
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

What's the range on that Spell o' Doom of theirs? Because otherwise Palpy opens a Force Storm and kills him.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

I think the range of the SoD is .5 to one mile.
「かかっ―」
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Palpy opens up with force lighting, Galen whips up a shield and conjures Spell of Destruction, Palpy is crushed.

Clone chamber open and a younger Palpy comes out nekkid and Galen screams at the sight, then Palpy uses the force and puts a mental suggestion in his head that makes him think that his implants are trying to kill him so he starts ripping them out of himself :D
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

I think most of us are forgetting the one thing the Emperor could do that Galen can't counter....mind rape! I mean just stun Galen and then have fun by ripping him apart. :D

Bye-the-bye, the passing of the Technomages books were some of the best Sci-Fi lit, that I have ever read. Up there with Zahn's, and so Galen is a big fav of mine, however against Palpy?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'