My Trip to London...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

My Trip to London...

Post by Big Orange »

These photos were taken in London on the same day I visited the Imperial War Museum, but I decided to post them here.

A private hospital:

Some kind of shopping/business enclave:

Somewhere on the edge of Westminster:

Westminster's Victoria Tower lawns:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: My Trip to London...

Post by Big Orange »

Some kind of government building:

Lambeth Bridge:

A long view of Westminster Bridge:

A distant view of the Gherkin Tower:

A set of corporate towers and MI6:

Ladies and gentlemen, the full view of the Houses of Parliment:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The Marriott Hotel County Hall:

A lion:

A side view of the Millennium Eye:

Across Westminster Bridge!

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

A dramatic shot of Westminster Tower:

Tamil Tiger rabble:

Sorry for the paucity of photos, but the intimidating number of cops, CCTV, and security check points made me wary about where I was pointing my camera. :?

Whitehall:

Leading into Trafalgar Square:

Admiralty Arch:

St. James Park:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The approach to Buckingham Palace:

The Queen is in residence:

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

The Palace itself:

The guards are on duty, although they lack the iconic red jakets and bear skin hats. They likely belong to a Highland Regiment:

The only gate that was open, but it had a big 'fuck off' road barrier overlooked by a cop with an MP5:

The famous Victoria Station terminal, which was a prominant location in The Bourne Ultimatum:

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Nice pictures. Getting back from Manhattan last week, from London and Paris last September and having anytime access to SF, I'd have to say, if I did move away from my beloved East Bay, it would be to London. Your pictures make me want to go back. :(
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

We didn't take the subway and London seems quite a chore to get around on foot, even in its inner "core" area, but we spent all afternoon in the Imperial War Museum, in addition to all morning and all evening on a coach, so that would've been a factor.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I found The Underground to be a snap actually. On foot though, yeah, certainly not as easy as Manhattan.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Also London and New York seem to be both famous for having power-walking kamikaze pedestrians.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Big Orange wrote:Also London and New York seem to be both famous for having power-walking kamikaze pedestrians.
:lol: Yeah they do. Fortunately for me, my size gets me noticed and I haven't been sunk yet. :wink:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)