Destroyed Hovertank.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Destroyed Hovertank.

Post by TheMuffinKing »

So, I was farting around and decided to try drawing a hover tank. I figured "hey, lets spruce things up a little", so I drew in some effects from a command detonated anti-tank mine. Here is my preliminary picture, I hope to keep up my momentum and work this a wee bit in photoshop.

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Re: Destroyed Hovertank.

Post by TheMuffinKing »

So here is a quick PS job. I've totally forgotten how to work with PS since my last computer crapped out. I'm not totally satisfied, but it is late here and I will be in bed soon. On the plus side, I'm thinking of moving into color soon!

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Nice. It looks kinda like the Helghast tanks from the first killzone
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

It reminds me of how millitary droids and MBTs were drawn in the Akira manga.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Artistically it looks pretty awesome, but I question the design from a practical standpoint. Why are the hover thingies at the end of long vulnerable legs? They should be tucked in the body, so that it's not as easy to immobilize the tank.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

The shaded one reminds me of homeworld's cutscenes.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Adrian Laguna wrote:Artistically it looks pretty awesome, but I question the design from a practical standpoint. Why are the hover thingies at the end of long vulnerable legs? They should be tucked in the body, so that it's not as easy to immobilize the tank.
I suppose they could be designed in such a way as to offer protection from mines and IED's, as they offer a good stand-off distance from the main hull. They could be extended for greater stability and to minimize the resources used in constructing a tank.

Ultimately, I found it easier to draw and to capture the effect I was looking for. I also ripped off the design straight from this killzone website.