New Gun

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

New Gun

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Purchased my second handgun today.

Jericho 941 chambered in 40 S&W. Bought her used form one of my officer's husband. Shes in excellent condition.

The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: New Gun

Post by Alyeska »

That is a sweet looking pistol. Has a nice compact look to it. Being a "Baby Eagle" I guess its not that small. Zed, should have talked to me. I have several pistols for sale right now. :x
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Alyeska wrote:That is a sweet looking pistol. Has a nice compact look to it. Being a "Baby Eagle" I guess its not that small. Zed, should have talked to me. I have several pistols for sale right now. :x
Its a CZ75 clone. Its a full sized pistol compared to my compact XD but not massive. When she quoted me the price I couldn't say no, and truth be told the Cowboy Bebop fanboy in me yelled at me to buy it.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Compact XD eh? Nice pistol, but a few to many protrusions for real concealment. I picked up a Glock27 last year for concealed carry. Its a very nice little pistol. Now my big bore is a Kimber Stainless II. Its a .45 ACP M1911 5". But the XDs are damned fun pistols. I have several in the Standard size. My favorite is the XD-9.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

At the moment I open carry so its not that much of an issue. I was waiting on getting a second weapon because Clark Counties CCW's allow two pistols on each permit.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

I've never been a big fan of anything that says "Desert Eagle," but a new pistol's a new pistol. Have you shot her yet?
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

So I guess now everybody knows you have a small penis.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Dark Flame wrote:I've never been a big fan of anything that says "Desert Eagle," but a new pistol's a new pistol. Have you shot her yet?
Tomorrow I take her to the range.

Like I said its a CZ75 clone. It has Desert Eagle stamped on it because it's made by IMI and they wanted to take advantage of the wannabe action hero market. The guts have nothing in common with the Deagle.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Well that's encouraging. ;)

I have a friend who has an old CZ of some sort, and it sure seemed pretty solid to me.
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Nice pistol. Is that a CRKT knife I see there?
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Agent Fisher wrote:Nice pistol. Is that a CRKT knife I see there?
Negative. It was a free gift from my uniform supplier last time I had trousers taken in. I miss my Smith and Weason auto knife, the one in the picture has since replaced it ever since I realized the other one would get me arrested.
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Dark Flame wrote:Well that's encouraging. ;)

I have a friend who has an old CZ of some sort, and it sure seemed pretty solid to me.
CZ handguns are exceptionally solid and accurate. The CZ75 is rather widely cloned, as it was developed in the days of the Iron Curtain, and the designs weren't as well-protected as those in the West. However, the design is an exceptional one, and has a well-deserved reputation for accuracy. Accurate shooting at 50 to 100 yards is easily achievable.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Zed Snardbody wrote:
Agent Fisher wrote:Nice pistol. Is that a CRKT knife I see there?
Negative. It was a free gift from my uniform supplier last time I had trousers taken in. I miss my Smith and Weason auto knife, the one in the picture has since replaced it ever since I realized the other one would get me arrested.
I've got myself a CRKT M-16-12LE, had it for a few years now, and I love it, never've had any problems, torsion assist works just as good as the first day. Never really liked S&W knives myself.
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

The "beagle" is a very nice firearm, sold mine, I shouldn't have.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
His Divine Shadow

JointStrikeFighter wrote:So I guess now everybody knows you have a small penis.
Had.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

I said this is my second gun. I have two small penises.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Looking nice Zed. How easy on the wrist is the CZ75 with 40 S&W? I'm guessing you can take it to the range and practice all day without a problem, correct?
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Nice pistol, Zeddy. You gonna learn Jeet Kune Do as well? :lol:
Zed Snardbody wrote:
And one great big one that brings all the girls and gay boys to the yard ;)
Image Image
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Zed Snardbody wrote: I was waiting on getting a second weapon because Clark Counties CCW's allow two pistols on each permit.
Huh what? Nevada restricts the number of pistoles you can pack? Darn. Florida don't have those dern restricshuns, once you gotta permit you carry whatever you want. That's a little limiting...after all, not every occasion calls for a Desert Eagle. Sometimes a .25ACP will do, most times a 9 or .40, or if you're going into Ybor City, a suppressed Glock 18 (yep, you can carry that legally...if you dare!).

Anyway, nice piece. I test-drove a Tanfoglio CZ clone and a Taurus before buying the Taurus PT92 Compact, mainly because the Taurus pointed a little bit better for me and because it would take the full-size 15-round PT92 mags. Concealed carry, hence grip size, clinched it for me, but I predict many happy years for you with the "DE."
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Nevada makes you quallify with your weapon. They don't restrict how many you can qualify with though. Since there is a fee involved they allow you to list to weapons per permit. So I'll have my now two 40 sw pistols on mine once I take the time to do it.
Nevada though is also an open carry state without qualification.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Whew! Thanks for the clarification, I was beginning to lose my faith in Nevada. So it's a money thing, if I understand correctly, and if you wanted to pony up the cash you could qualify any and every pistola you have for carry, am I right?

The open carry bit is nice. Florida tried it in the 1980s, but among the wanna-be Rambos strapping on four pistols, the retirees flipping out, and the tourists spraining eyeballs, it was quickly rescinded. A shame; last time I was in Phoenix, I gassed up at a station and had to go inside to pay. The only comment I got on my open carry was "nice gun, man!" It seems a satin-finish AutoMag .30 goes well with jeans, Rockports and an Oxford shirt. 8)
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Count Chocula wrote:Whew! Thanks for the clarification, I was beginning to lose my faith in Nevada. So it's a money thing, if I understand correctly, and if you wanted to pony up the cash you could qualify any and every pistola you have for carry, am I right?
As I understand it yes. Nevada requires you to qualify with each semiautomatic you intend to carry, right down to the caliber. If I qualify with my baby eagle 40, I can't carry my baby eagle 9mm concealed. However if you qualify with a revolver, you can carry any revolver.
His Divine Shadow

I'd just like to mention that the euro have got you americans outgunned :p

Not pictured, second AR upper.
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

Zed Snardbody wrote:
Yeah but your other gun isn't a penis compensator maximus DEAGLE PEWPEW
His Divine Shadow

The effects I have noticed are actually cumulative.