2009 Dayton Airshow

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

2009 Dayton Airshow

Post by TimothyC »

"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Re: 2009 Dayton Airshow

Post by Simplicius »

Aha, I wonder if that's why Dan McCue and 124692 aren't at Owls Head this summer for the first time in a few years, given that there's only a week between Dayton and the big OHTM show. We get an H-60 and a KC-135 flyby instead.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Simplicius wrote:Aha, I wonder if that's why Dan McCue and 124692 aren't at Owls Head this summer for the first time in a few years, given that there's only a week between Dayton and the big OHTM show. We get an H-60 and a KC-135 flyby instead.
We had an A-10/P-51 pair, Tora Tora Tora!, Thunderbirds, Brazilian Smoke Squadron, a C-17 on Static/Flying display, several acrobatic demo, and the Super Hornet Flight I posted a video of.

And that was just what I saw on Sunday. On Saturday they had B-2 and B-52 flybys.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

http://www.cizadlo.us/DaytonAirshow2009

Something for our Canadian Members:

Panchito (you could enter a drawing to win a flight in her):

Having finished the bombing runs, they take a glamor pass:

The Navy was represented with a Super Hornet, and an F4U-5 Corsair:

The P-51D Mustang 'Glamorous Gal"

The Thunderbirds in Flight

A shot for our Dutch members:

The BUFF

The Bomb rack of a BUFF in Detail

The inside of the BUFF's bomb bay, looking forward. Can anyone ID what the heck that thing is (I think it is the rotary Launcher Mount, but I am not sure).