From the maker of Haloid.....

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Steve
Emperor's Hand

From the maker of Haloid.....

Post by Steve »

Apparently the first video of this was already posted years ago (quick search for "Haloid" yielded that) but there were only a couple of replies and, besides, the second video is 11 minutes of premium fanservice asswhup in a highly-concentrated can.

Anyway, Dead Fantasy I and Dead Fantasy II were a jolt of awesome to my senses that so far has only been rivaled by a few rare stimuli, like reading issue #25 of Green Lantern (the Sinestro Corps War Finale), getting to read the initial issues of "The Blackest Night", or fighting the Battle of Hollow Bastion or the final battle sequence against Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts II. :shock:

It's over 16 minutes currently of FF and DoA ladies doing high-flying super-martial arts moves with superb choreography. Apparently the following videos will be of the one-on-one duels that the end of DFII sets up.

Watch and enjoy. 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Beowulf
The Patrician

Re: From the maker of Haloid.....

Post by Beowulf »

/punt
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Steve, my son, you are behind the times a little on this. Not only am I pretty certain that someone has actually posted a link to Dead Fantasy before, Oum has screened previews for a couple of the follow-ups.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Come on Ford, it's an obvious troll. He gushes that's it's the best thing he's ever seen barring (xyz comic book). How can this be taken seriously?
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I actually like Dead Fantasy, as it's pretty fun to watch, but it's not that good. Sometimes there's some reasonable clever stuff like the materia stealing in III, but at the end of the day it's just fanservice. I do like how its obvious in the newest shorts that Oum discovered how to do blood and dismemberment halfway through and just couldn't help himself. :lol:
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Yes, yes, I know others have seen this. I hadn't. I stumbled upon a link while looking through TVTropes.org and thought it was pretty damned awesome. Maybe I'm just attracted to shiny things..... ooooh, SHINY. :lol:

However, I did do a forum search before posting and only found one thread for the very first video which had like two replies and was back in 2007. So I figured a new thread with both videos would be fine. (Note, said thread was in AMP, hence my accidental posting of this there).

*shrug*

C'est la vie.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Dead Fantasy 3
Dead Fantasy 4

There's links to the high def version available on those pages, and IIRC the complete version of DF5 comes out this monday.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

SylasGaunt wrote:Dead Fantasy 3
Dead Fantasy 4

There's links to the high def version available on those pages, and IIRC the complete version of DF5 comes out this monday.
Yeah, found 'em already. This looks interesting... :twisted:

SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Ford Prefect wrote:I actually like Dead Fantasy, as it's pretty fun to watch, but it's not that good. Sometimes there's some reasonable clever stuff like the materia stealing in III, but at the end of the day it's just fanservice.
I don't remember it claiming to be anything else. :mrgreen:
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers