The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Forty One Up

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

JN1
Padawan Learner

Re: The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Thirty Three Up

Post by JN1 »

They might have decided it to be more cost effective to buy B-1Cs, though apparently that's not going to happen.
It is, just not until 2011-2012.
'Fire up the Quattro!'
'I'm arresting you for murdering my car, you dyke-digging tosspot! - Gene Hunt.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Jamesfirecat wrote:
If Micheal was also in charge of indoctrinating young impressionable dead humans who went to Heaven, that might explain why he's so experienced and so cool with humans in the first place. He would've been the angel who had most exposure to them, even before he went rogue after seeing the Renaissance or something, and maybe even before his mutiny, those centuries or millennia of him de-educating humans made him develop soft fuzzy-wuzzy feelings for 'em.
I somehow doubt that was ever Micheal's job (do you have any proof of it I might have missed something...) since he mainly seems to be Yah-Yah's, eyes and ears around heaven and hi s main military commander if there ever is a war, besides I think that Saint Peter, if there is such a person would be the one responsible (or at least involved in on some level) giving the entire "welcome to heaven" speech.
Given the status of humans in Heaven, I doubt that St. Peter would get that sort of authority. More like, he's probably singing in someone's choir of praise.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

Speaking of the orcs of Hell, how are they coping with the occupation? They must feel they owe the humans quite a debt and be quite willing to serve them, not to mention they would be the darlings of every human rights watch active in Hell.
Stuart Mackey
Drunken Kiwi Editor of the ASVS Press

Post by Stuart Mackey »

JN1 wrote:
I wouldn't mind knowing why the Brits are not planning their own strategic bombers now that the universe has changed, so to speak. Britain used to be able to do it, there should be no reason why they cannot do so again if the political will is there this time (as opposed to the 1960's/1970's)
Because it would take even longer than waiting for Lancers to be available. Remember that Britain's aerospace factories are completely occupied building Typhoons, Tornados, Hawks, Apaches and components for various Airbus products (e.g. A330 tanker/transport).
True it would take longer to get their own, but they then gain an independent capacity again and are not dependent of the willingness of other nations to help out or otherwise place conditions on the UK. That British areospace factories are at capacity would indicate they need more capacity, that is to say, more factories.
Via money Europe could become political in five years" "... the current communities should be completed by a Finance Common Market which would lead us to European economic unity. Only then would ... the mutual commitments make it fairly easy to produce the political union which is the goal"

Jean Omer Marie Gabriel Monnet
--------------
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Pelranius wrote:I was thinking of the doctors and nurses convincing Michael that there's poison in the bullets that would require him to not exert himself, limit his intake of certain substances and maybe even hook him up to some piece of medical machinery that he doesn't have.
It's possible, but Michael's got to be aware of just how extreme his poison resistance and physical endurance are. If he's not actively in pain or experiencing symptoms of poisoning, he's not likely to panic.
Pelranius wrote:Given the status of humans in Heaven, I doubt that St. Peter would get that sort of authority. More like, he's probably singing in someone's choir of praise.
Think of him as a well-regarded trusty in a prison.

Though the idea does get me thinking... maybe training the suggestible into good Heavenian peasants has been Jesus's job. It's not clear what else he would have been doing for the past 2000 years, after all.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

I think that it is pretty unlikely that all the brain-wahsing is handled by a single angel.
Brainwashing is time-intensive - you need a lot of manpower to do itl.

Now, that does not exclude one prominet figure in charge - maybe Jesus is the head of "Brainwash Department", and St. Peter was is his advisor - someone who knows how human mind works, but who has no real power.
And these two educate and supervise "Brainwash Department", which consists of dozens or hundreds of angels.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

So I guess that would make St. Peter the Lord Haw Haw of Heaven?

I can't believe I just typed that. And I'm going to Church tomorrow.

My thinking for the doctors asking Michael for an expensive piece of equipment (like, say an MRI), is that he'd have to go back to Earth to get in person.

As for the Orcs, they probably aren't too thrilled about demons getting weapons. Maybe we should be training them as well?
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Jamesfirecat
Padawan Learner

Post by Jamesfirecat »

Given the status of humans in Heaven, I doubt that St. Peter would get that sort of authority. More like, he's probably singing in someone's choir of praise.
All I know is that given the way mytholoigy seems to work in this universe, I think the odds are good that given how nothing we've "known" about Heaven or Hell has been completely 100% wrong, but rather a warpped version of it, I think that it wouldn't be such a well known "fact" that Saint Peter is the guy at the pearly gates who decides if you get in or not if it didn't have some reflection upon this reality.

Granted for all we know that could mean that Saint Peter is the guy who Micheal has in charge of smuggling in the all those musicians and doctors who he wants for his own private uses...
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Jamesfirecat wrote:

All I know is that given the way mytholoigy seems to work in this universe, I think the odds are good that given how nothing we've "known" about Heaven or Hell has been completely 100% wrong, but rather a warpped version of it, I think that it wouldn't be such a well known "fact" that Saint Peter is the guy at the pearly gates who decides if you get in or not if it didn't have some reflection upon this reality.

Granted for all we know that could mean that Saint Peter is the guy who Micheal has in charge of smuggling in the all those musicians and doctors who he wants for his own private uses...
Well, they could use St. Peter as sort of a living mouthpiece to greet the incoming humans, while some angel behind the wall 'transmits' orders in his mind.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

Pelranius wrote:
As for the Orcs, they probably aren't too thrilled about demons getting weapons. Maybe we should be training them as well?
You know, that actually might be a good way to motivate the demons:

"Look, these midget orcs can beat you by tactics alone - so listen to your goddamn instructor if you do not want to get beaten by midgets."

Or something like that.
Baldricks sure recognize Humans as "Lords of War", but that would be a perfect way to show them that they could do it, too (then again, do we want that?).
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Serafina wrote:
Pelranius wrote:
You know, that actually might be a good way to motivate the demons:

"Look, these midget orcs can beat you by tactics alone - so listen to your goddamn instructor if you do not want to get beaten by midgets."

Or something like that.
Baldricks sure recognize Humans as "Lords of War", but that would be a perfect way to show them that they could do it, too (then again, do we want that?).
They might be able to get the tactics right, but they can't carry it out without artillery, which we certainly won't give them short of the Drakans suddenly portalling into Hell and maybe not even then.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Pelranius wrote:Couldn't the British bomber command just settle for modified C-17s?
I think it would be safe to say they'd be having a supply problem with that as well. Even with hell portals the world still needs transports so you have to take into account all the governments who are going to need more in order to transport all these supplies for the war effort, then factor in replacements for the ones that get worn out from use (even with the modifications made Hell's environment is unhealthy for a planes service life).
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

General Schatten wrote:
Pelranius wrote:Couldn't the British bomber command just settle for modified C-17s?
I think it would be safe to say they'd be having a supply problem with that as well. Even with hell portals the world still needs transports so you have to take into account all the governments who are going to need more in order to transport all these supplies for the war effort, then factor in replacements for the ones that get worn out from use (even with the modifications made Hell's environment is unhealthy for a planes service life).
Speaking of replacing planes, would it be more practical (either from a cost or manpower point of view) to either refurbish the airframes after complete degradation by Hell's environment or to junk them completely and get new ones?
Stuart
Sith Devotee

Post by Stuart »

Home of Lemuel-Lan-Michael, Eternal City, Heaven

Onniel-Lan-Lemuel, mate of Lemuel-Lan-Michael, still resented the reprimands she had received from the guardians of the local temple. They'd noted the growing unhappiness in the Lemuel household and made their own quiet investigations. That had led them to summon her to the temple for advice and counsel. That was what they had called it anyway. Onniel remembered it as being her kneeling in front of the altar for five hours while the Temple Elders lectured her on her failings as a mate and her negligence as a householder. It had been all the worse for the fact that the session had been held in the nave of the temple, open to the view of all. Onniel had no doubt that word of her reprimands would be spreading around the community. She knew without any shadow of doubt, that when she next went to the market, fingers would be pointed at her behind her back and caustic comments made about her failures.

It was made worse by the fact that she knew the comments were justified. She had treated her mate badly, resenting the way his position in the League of the Holy Court was taking up his time. Heaven was facing an existential crisis, that much was whispered in the markets and meeting places. Nobody admitted it but all knew the war with the humans on Earth was not going well. The sheer speed with which they had overrun Hell and killed Satan had been bad enough. The Angels who were old enough to remember the Great Celestial War had spoken of the long, drawn-out deadlock, the inability of either side to gain an advantage over the other. The pointless fighting that had gone on for millennia after millennia was still a sore memory that had led to Satan being called "the Eternal Enemy". Yet the human armies had not just withstood his assault, they had counter-attacked and defeated him within a few short weeks. It was whispered, very quietly, with great caution, if humans could score such a rapid victory against Hell, why could they not do the same against Heaven? And why wasn't Heaven crushing them?

Onniel knew the answers whispered in the street. The humans gained their power from the fact there were traitors in Heaven. There were those in high places who sided with them, obstructing the plans long-developed by the All-Knowing and protecting the humans who defied His will. It was only as she had knelt before the altar with the constant chanting of condemnation and criticism pouring over her that she had finally realized the League of Holy Court was the primary line of defense against such treason. Lemuel was its leading investigator and in devoting himself to its work, he was directly shielding The One Above All from the treachery that threatened all of Heaven. Her petty grievances were of no importance at all compared with the vital work he was engaged in. That had been made clear in the remorseless censure that had been her lot. Lemuel and his work were important, she was not and if she couldn’t adapt to it, there were plenty of others who would be pleased to take her place. By placing her own petty needs ahead of those that affected all of Heaven, she was succumbing to the deadly sin of pride.

That ultimatum was the turning point, the prospect that had made her decide to change her attitude. The fact was, she liked being the mate of such an important person. It gave her power and influence, it meant that others stopped and gave way to her. If she was displaced and it became known that this had been so because the sin of pride had caused her to fail in her duties, her descent would be far and fast. She could not bear to contemplate that so she had laid her grievances aside to labor on behalf of Lemuel. She had spent the rest of the day watching the servants clean the house until not a speck of dust remained anywhere. The stones that inlaid the walls had been polished until they glowed and the refractions of light from their hearts filled their rooms. Finally, she had sent other servants out to procure Lemuel's favorite foods and she had prepared their evening meal for them herself. It had been a long time since she had done that. Now, the table was laid and everything was ready. She took one last look to ensure the room and meal was perfect, then went to greet her mate.

She reached the entrance hall as Lemuel closed the doors behind him. There, she dropped to her knees and swept her wings in front of her face. Lemuel barely nodded at her, still swept up in his attempts to understand the arrays of conspiracy that existed in Heaven. Onniel bit back a sarcastic comment and, instead gave the traditional greeting to her returning mate. "Most Noble One, your home is tranquil and a haven of rest. Food and wine have been prepared for your pleasure."

She saw Lemuel look at her and frown slightly. Had she got the formal greeting wrong? She hadn’t used it for a long time but she was sure that she remembered it properly. It wasn't as if it was a long or complex chant.

"There will be no time for that. I must go out again, to worship The One Above All and continue my dedication to his service. I will be out very late again so do not wait up for me."

Onniel blinked and looked up at him. "But I have prepared our meal myself and remembered all your favorites. Surely this evening's worship can wait for such a short period?"

She saw Lemuel shake his head. "This is work of such great importance that it goes to the highest of the high. I must leave right away. If there is too much food prepared, throw the rest away, there is no need for us to be concerned about such things." Then Lemuel turned and left.

Almost blind with rage, Onniel forgot her new resolutions and ran back to where the meal table had been arranged. She grabbed the food-loaded central plate and hurled it at the closed doors, watching it explode against them with spiteful satisfaction.

Temple of Ceaseless Compliance, Eternal City, Heaven

Once more, Lemuel-Lan-Michael was sprawled on his face in front of the altar chanting his choruses of praise while his companions followed his lead. It was nice to find somewhere he was treated with the respect due to his rank and position. That thought made him slightly guilty, not just because of the deception he was practicing on these people but because he was only going through the motions of prayer. His mind was focussed on his home and the neglect that Onniel seemed to regard as adequate performance of her duties. He had heard the crash behind the doors of his home and seen them shake as the things she had thrown struck them. There just was no way to understand what made women act as they did. He resolved to have another word with the local priests, obviously they hadn't spoken to Onniel forcefully enough.

The Chorus completed, Lemuel straightened up and eased the kink out of his back. His eyes were itching again and he felt his chest filled with the urge to cough. Behind him, Perpetiel-Lan-Paschar smirked slightly, it was amazing what the addition of a little Mace to the bowls of burning incense could achieve. The humans really were so very clever, packaging such a useful chemical in those easy-to-use spray cans. Two of his co-conspirators had upped the effect of the Mace-doped incense by giving Lemuel a couple of discrete puffs of the undiluted product at suitable points in the chorus. As a result, Lemuel was in a slightly improved state of distress. Well, it was time to "cure" him.

"Some Gatorade, Most Noble One? To ease your throat and add extra harmony to the praises we sing to the One Above All. We have the green one this evening."

"That would be most acceptable." Lemuel liked the green Gatorade. He accepted the glass gratefully and drank the contents down, hot noticing the small quantity of hash oil that had been mixed in with it. He felt the warm glow though, and the world began to pick up a rosier hue. Then, to his embarrassment, his stomach rumbled slightly.

"Most Noble One, you have not eaten this evening?" Perpetiel-Lan-Paschar faked the concern beautifully.

"No, I came straight here, feeling a most urgent need to join in a chorus of praise to The Nameless One."

Perpetiel grinned to himself, this urgent need to pray was a lot more chemical than emotional. In fact, it put a whole new meaning on the phrase 'hooked on phonics'. The amount of opiates he was consuming was beginning to have its effects of Lemuel. Even the Tylenol he took for his headaches, ones that were growing more frequent every day, was actually Tylenol 4 and contained sixty milligrams of codeine per tablet. It was time to up the ante a little.

"Most Noble One, you are not alone in this problem. One of our experiences here is that so many of our congregation come here straight from their daily duties and do not have time to eat. So, as part of our temple we have a small eating place, one where food can be properly reverences and then served to the needy. After all, is not sharing good fortune and spreading one's advantages to those in need also a form of service to the One Above All?"

Lemuel nodded, that made sense after all. He followed Perpetiel out of the main chamber of the temple to a central courtyard where the smell of cooking meat wafted deliciously across the garden. Perpetiel waved in the direction where two female angels were tending what appeared to be an old-style reverential altar, one where hot coals were placed underneath a metal grid and food offerings were placed over the flames, to cook in the heat. Humans had once made their offerings to The Almighty One that way, but they had ceased doing so. Lemuel reflected it was good to see the old traditions being restored. Perhaps if they hadn't fallen into abeyance, things would not have reached this pass. Then he shook his head, for some reason his thinking seemed a little fuzzy these days.

One of the angels had been working quickly. She had taken a small, round loaf of leavened bread and split it in half. Then, she had placed some green leaves on the bottom half, added a red sauce and put it to one side. A white sauce had been added to the top half before it too was put to one side. Then, she lifted a cake of cooking meat off the altar, placed it in the loaf and handed it to him with a respectful smile. "It is called a hamburger Most Noble One. Enjoy it in the spirit in which it is intended."

Lemuel took a bite of the meal and found it was good. So much so that he had finished it almost before he was aware of the juice dribbling down his chin. One of the female angels wiped it for him and respectfully offered him another hamburger. This one took him a little longer to eat but the sensation in his stomach was that of warmth and satisfaction. He suddenly realized he was actually happy, for the first time in a long time.

"This is most kind of you Perpetiel-Lan. Your community here is an example to us all. I am sure He Who Must Not Be Named would be profound in his recognition of your services to him and to our community."

Like Hell, Perpetiel thought. He'd massacre us all on the spot. "That thought is profoundly pleasing to us Most Noble One. Might I suggest you try these poor snacks? They are called fries."

An hour later, a well-fed Lemuel left the Temple, already writing his report in his mind. There was no doubt, no doubt at all, that this Temple was the center of human influence and the portal by which human goods were arriving in Heaven. The situation saddened him, it was obvious that the people here were working from the best of motives but the whole Temple of Ceaseless Compliance set-up was an example of how sin and depravity wormed its way into the heart under guise of honest virtue. Lemuel sighed, he really didn't want to go home this evening. Compared with the temple, it was a cold, unwelcoming place and after Onniel's behavior earlier, he had no doubt that it would be even more so. Instead, he decided to go back to his office and write up the report that was forming in his mind. That decision made, as he stepped out of the door of the temple, he turned right for his office, not left for his home.

That change saved his life. The concentrated sound blast that hit the wall of the temple was above and behind him, not directly over his head. The outer wall collapsed under the blast, dropping a great pile of masonry where he would have been standing. Lemuel was caught on the outside of the avalanche, rocks hit him and threw him to one side. His skin was lacerated by the shattered sheets of sapphire that followed the masonry down. But, he lived and was merely stunned by the explosion. Dumbly, his mind still fuzzy and confused, he realized that an attempt had been made on his life. This was unhead of, nobody ever tried to harm another being in Heaven. Well, not another Angel anyway, humans didn't count of course. Then a shocking thought struck him. The assassination wasn't aimed at him as a casual worshipper at the Temple of Ceaseless Compliance, it was aimed at him as an investigator of the League of the Holy Court. Somebody knew exactly who he was and had tried to take him out.

Inside the temple, the meeting was breaking up as the 'worshippers' got ready to head back to the Montmartre Club for a few badly-needed drinks. The crash of the front wall's collapse brought the hasty preparations to a grinding halt. Perpetiel led the race to see what had happened and stopped dead at the sight of Lemuel, sprawled out on the sidewalk with masonry on top of him.

"If I'd known we were going to kill him, I wouldn't have used the top-grade hamburger." Lailah-Lan sounded slightly grumpy. She was justifiably proud of her hamburgers.

"We weren't going to kill him. This is somebody else." Perpetiel looked at the figure on the ground. It was moving, trying to get up. "He's alive, get him inside, make sure he stays that way. Whoever did this might try again."

DIMO(N) Conference Suite, Pentagon.

"Books Luga?" Colonel Baylor was surprised. Somehow he hadn't thought of Luga actually studying anything. Surreptitiously he put his foot near one of the floor vents. To his relief he could feel the air current, the system was running full blast.

"Law books. I have decided to study law. I think it is hard to live here unless I am a lawyer. There are so many laws covering so many things. So I must study law."

"Didn’t you have laws in Hell?"

"Only one. If Satan gets mad, take cover. Other than that, the law is what the strongest person says it is. Here it is different."

"Our Luga a lawyer. Now there's a terrifying thought." The voice came from the stenographer sitting in the corner. The interjection got her a stern glance from Colonel Baylor, stenographers by job definition were supposed to be neither heard nor seen.

"What about Heaven Luga? Do you know much about the laws there? Do they have any?"

"They do although I do not know much about them More or less the same as your ten commandants. That should not surprise you. They came from the same place after all. They have a sort of police in Heaven, it is called The League of the Holy Court. I think it is mostly concerned with keeping the humans in Heaven in order."

"There are humans in Heaven then?"

"Of course, there are many of them. The Angels use them as menial servants."

Baylor sighed. If Lugasharmanaska could be believed, and that was always open to question, everything in the Second Life was very different from the pictures that had been presented. "Right Luga, today, I'd like to talk about the wars here on Earth. Particularly about the other beings, ones we think of as gods."

"Why do you want to know about that bunch of losers?" Luga was openly scornful.

"They existed then?"

"Certainly. They probably still do. We ran them off Earth, Yahweh and Satan together did. They had a good-cop, bad-cop act going for them."

"I wonder who the Bad Cop was?" The stenographer got another angry glance from Baylor.

"Usually Satan. But we converted their followers and deprived them of power. By the time we'd finished they had so few followers it wasn't worth them staying. Only one of the groups really put up a fight and we had to strike a deal. If they went, their followers wouldn't be tormented in Hell."

"So that's what Gaius Julius Caesar meant when he said he and his friends were protected by powerful gods." Baylor spoke thoughtfully. "There always were rumors that he and some other Romans were part of a mystical cult. Whatever it was, it must have saved their necks."

"You'll have to talk to him about that.' Luga was dismissive. "There were quite a few others as well. I think they were the first ones out of the Hell-pit."

"Hardly surprising. So there are other beings from other bubble-worlds in Universe-Two."

Luga took a moment to work that one out. "Certainly. But they haven't been seen on Earth for millennia. We saw the last of them off at least three thousand years ago."

Luga spoke for a couple of hours, describing the battle for control of Earth. "So, you see, most of the religions are based on memories of those other groups. That's all I know really."

Baylor relaxed and the stenographer signed off on the transcript she'd created. Then, he leaned forward again. "Do you really want to become a lawyer Luga?"

"No, but I want to understand the law. These laws you have are a new concept to me. My television show makes me too much money for me to give it up."

Baylor couldn’t resist asking. "How much do you make on that show Luga."

She grinned exposing her long yellow fangs. "When we broadcast, one thousand dollars per day. Or, as my bank manager says, 'how now, green thou'."
Nations do not survive by setting examples for others
Nations survive by making examples of others
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Lemuel's becoming more rebellious I see :twisted: . Anyway, great chapter
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

Very interesting look into the world of Heaven. Onniel looks like she's headed for trouble, unless Lemuel-Lan-Michael gets himself in trouble first. I have to admit that I didn't see the assassination attempt coming at all.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Re: The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Thirty Four Up

Post by Darth Yan »

Neither did I.
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

C&C version brought up to date.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Dammit, Stuart, now I've got the lyrics to "Cheeseburger in Paradise" stuck in my head and they won't go away! :x
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Baughn
Padawan Learner

Post by Baughn »

"He-who-must-not-be-named"? Seriously...

Come to think of it, there is a definite familial resemblance there.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

So, Luga's clearing twenty-thou a month. Nice work if you can get it.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:So, Luga's clearing twenty-thou a month. Nice work if you can get it.
It is, but nevertheless, when she figures out how much the network is making off her show, she might go to Corporate HQ and try to eat somebody.

Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

I was wondering about that. On the other hand, they might be paying her a performance based bonus. And I thought that during the negotiations, the executives would have been falling all over to give her as much as they could.

"Convert their followers" that's an interesting choice of words. The only worshippers of Yahweh then were the Hebrews, unless the Zoroastrians count. Did Yahweh and Satan just simply continue to use the old religions as long as it suited them?
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

It's possible she was just off on the number of years. Demons have very long life spans, and as far as she's concerned, fifteen hundred years and three thousand years might be a "close enough, whatever" situation.

JN1
Padawan Learner

Post by JN1 »

An interesting internal view of Heaven.
'Fire up the Quattro!'
'I'm arresting you for murdering my car, you dyke-digging tosspot! - Gene Hunt.