Favorite Warner characters and why?

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: Favorite Warner characters and why?

Post by Elfdart »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:yeah, I seem to be surrounded by Leghorn fans....
When I was a preschooler I got him confused with Sen. Sam Ervin, who looked and talked just like Foghorn Leghorn, and was on TV just as often.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Sounds like something someone could do a you-tube video too, get some southern politician, and have Foghorn replace him....

ya see son, we need to have a public option because....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Jade Falcon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Jade Falcon »

Sylvester and Tweety Pie

Bugs Bunny

Road Runner
Don't Move you're surrounded by Armed Bastards - Gene Hunt's attempt at Diplomacy

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own - Number 6

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Foghorn Leghorn was a takeoff on the radio character Senator Claghorn, who featured on The Fred Allen Show in the late 1940s - early 1950s.

My favourite characters... I do like the main group, of course. But my favourites were some of the minor characters who only got a few shorts to their credit, but made the most of their limited appearances in the canon.

Hubie and Bertie, two mice who first starred in The Mouse Wreckers and a couple of other shorts featuring Claude Cat. This one shows the duo at their height: finding a new home to occupy, the two mice first must get rid of Claude, the "champion mouser of 1948", and proceed to do a real Gaslight job on the poor cat to scare him away. The physical pain Claude suffers from their various schemes is entirely incidental to the mental torture they're inflicting, which culminates in the infamous "upside-down room" gag which finally has the cat running from the house screaming in terror. Last scene has the pair settling down to roast cheese on sticks in a nice toasty fire fueled by burning Claude's certificates and trophies.

Mark Anthony and Pussyfoot —the former is a rough, seemingly vicious bulldog and the latter a cute little kitten who not only fails to be impressed by the dog's barking but cuddles up to him on his back, which causes the dog to instantly fall in love with the little kitten. In Feed The Kitty, Mark Anthony must try to conceal Pussyfoot's presence from his mistress, who's told him that he cannot bring one more thing into the house, which is already scattered with his toys all over. Poor Mark Anthony really suffers when he thinks the kitten has been baked up with a batch of cookies, and becomes overjoyed when he sees that Pussyfoot is safe and sound after all. In Cat Feud, Mark Anthony must protect the little kitten from Claude, who is the regular target of the bulldog's brutal retaliations for each and every little harm inflicted on his beloved Pussyfoot. When Claude frames Mark Anthony for allegedly eating the kitten, which gets him kicked out of the house by the clueless owner, the bulldog must trade brawn for brain as he devises various schemes to get back at Claude from outside until he can finally get back into the house and beat a confession out of the older cat admitting to his diverse crimes against Pussyfoot.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Another favourite pair from the "minors": Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog. For about five or six shorts, these two contended over the sheep in the meadow —because it was simply their day job. They'd exchange plesantries when clocking in at the punch-machine in the morning, get to work with Ralph trying to steal the sheep while Sam stopped him in various violent ways. They'd have lunch together, and at the end of the day when the whistle blew, they clocked out together and enjoyed an amiable walk home talking about the day.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:lol: I forgot about them. Those were good. Wasn't there another pair that worked in shifts?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes, there was, mind you my boses and I have a tendancy to use "Morning Sam", "Morning Ralph" as a greeting.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Daffy Duck. I kinda saw him as the Al Bundy of poultry (as in, he never, ever won)
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

A slight correction to my earlier post: Feline Frame-Up was the title of the Mark Anthony/Pussyfoot/Claude short. Cat Feud is a short featuring Pussyfoot with a grey bulldog instead of Mark Anthony.
—Abraham Lincoln

—Dr. Gregory House