Canonicity of Karen Traviss' Novels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

nightmare
Jedi Council Member

Re: Canonicity of Karen Traviss' Novels

Post by nightmare »

Batman wrote:This is going nowhere fast. Let's end this. I conceed that using the asinine canon rules apparently employed by LFL, information that is shown, by higher canon, to be FLAT OUT WRONG nevertheless remains canon for some reason beyond my comprehension.
Okay, but maybe I can try and shed some light on it? Star Trek's system is actually similar. Everything released onscreen is canon, but not all of it is continuity.

In the same manner, 'canon' is a true, official SW product, released as part of the SW saga. Parts of it is non-continuity, but they're still SW saga products. While the Infinities stories are true, official SW products as well, but they were never part of the saga, hence they're not canon at all.
Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Extralife style.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Canonicity of Karen Traviss' Novels

Post by Batman »

That would work just as well without the useless canon/continuity distinction. The ANH novelisation doesn't stop being canon just because the bit about Luke being Blue 5 does. The sources vs bits of information thing Havok and me were all about.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'