My CollectionDX reviews.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

VF5SS
Sith Devotee

My CollectionDX reviews.

Post by VF5SS »

As some people have noticed, I do reviews of plastic crack toys and figures for CollectionDX. You can find a list of stuff I have review under my CDX profile. Mostly this has culminated into amateur photography and video production. If you have any questions or comments, or would like to learn how to contribute to the site please let me know.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Re: My CollectionDX reviews.

Post by VF5SS »

Bounty asked me what's the deal on contributing so I guess I should elaborate.

Help wanted

Basically the thing is do you like toys, sci-fi, kaiju, anime, or manga? Can you take decent pictures of them and write decent articles to go with them? A good way to start would be to email one of the admins like Josh, Atom, or Shogundan possibly with some sample pictures and/or a sample review. Any of those guys are a good source for examples of how to structure a review. You could take something you own that hasn't been covered and write a review. Right now if you sign up you can only write comments until an admin enables your ability to create content. After a while you can probably get in on the free and reduced price stuff. Free stuff consists of sample items provided by manufacturers or retailers such as Hobby Link Japan, Funimation, and Kotobukiya. For specific items, one of the admins can usually set you up with a discount through one of our sponsors. For instance, I was able to get this toy roughly at cost, which saved me a good $40 on shipping.

Here's some example.

Josh on the Revoltech Getter Dragon

Atom on the Cross section X-Wing set

At the very least enjoy the pretty pictures :3
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I'd love to see you do Incredible Crash Dummies reviews.
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

I do have some of those toys, but they're in terrible condition. Unfortunately, designing a toy to be smashed into things promotes poor overall toy health who knew. This is kind of a one-off thing I did out for the curious since I showed it off during the weekly Stickam chat.
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。