The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Forty One Up

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

JN1
Padawan Learner

Re: The Salvation War: Pantheocide. Part Forty One Up

Post by JN1 »

Linky.

After the spammer invasion you'll need to make yourself known in order to be given full access.
'Fire up the Quattro!'
'I'm arresting you for murdering my car, you dyke-digging tosspot! - Gene Hunt.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

MondoMage wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote: Stuart gets into moods. He's in a TBO mood at the moment, so go read that.
Not to sound too much like a newb know-nothing, but where exactly does one find it? I tried following the HCPA link listed elsewhere and looking around from there, but didn't see it.
A good portion of the TBOverse (Including the title book) are in paperback, Stuart takes them off when they get published.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Bayonet
Padawan Learner

Post by Bayonet »

JN1 wrote:Linky.

After the spammer invasion you'll need to make yourself known in order to be given full access.

That's not a problem, just post a couple of messages in the Bar to distinguish yourself from a bot.
- Dennis
--
Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer, and the King does not believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be relied upon to endure hardships in case of another war.
-Frederick the Great, 1777
Jamesfirecat
Padawan Learner

Post by Jamesfirecat »

Just to try and inject some life into this thread which is currently flatlining like a... well I don't know enough medical jargon to finish that comparison...

I wonder what Halloween is like in the Salvation War Universe. Are angel costumes still popular? Are Deamon/Baldrick ones very popular?

What do Baldricks think of chocolate, are any of them who are roughly human sized trying to get in on the act?
JBG
Padawan Learner

Post by JBG »

Bayonet wrote:
JN1 wrote:Linky.

That's not a problem, just post a couple of messages in the Bar to distinguish yourself from a bot.
Note that we have already had a picture of Richard Nixon with the caption: "I am not a bot".
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Jamesfirecat wrote:Just to try and inject some life into this thread which is currently flatlining like a... well I don't know enough medical jargon to finish that comparison...

I wonder what Halloween is like in the Salvation War Universe. Are angel costumes still popular? Are Deamon/Baldrick ones very popular?

What do Baldricks think of chocolate, are any of them who are roughly human sized trying to get in on the act?
It might be considered tasteless to dress up as a demon or angel, given that you don't usually see too many people dressed as terrorists on Halloween.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Nova Andromeda
Jedi Master

Post by Nova Andromeda »

-Does sayone know what's happened to Author Lord Stuart? I fear for the health of the Fanfics forum if Darth Wong doesn't get his regular fix of Salvation War.
-Seriously though, is Stuart around and busy, suffering from writers block, ...?
Nova Andromeda
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

He's often busy and his own forum had all sorts of trouble with spammers lately. Plus he's been writing TBOverse stories.
MondoMage
Padawan Learner

Post by MondoMage »

Pelranius wrote:It might be considered tasteless to dress up as a demon or angel, given that you don't usually see too many people dressed as terrorists on Halloween.
Then again I could definitely see people dressing up like demons and angels - in the state they would be in *after* they run afoul of the human military.

And considering Halloween's connections with various festivals and such centered around celebrating, remembering, and/or placating the dead, I can see it morphing into something altogether different that it is now - especially now that we can go and visit the dead (the ones in hell, at least) whenever we want.
Jamesfirecat
Padawan Learner

Post by Jamesfirecat »

And considering Halloween's connections with various festivals and such centered around celebrating, remembering, and/or placating the dead, I can see it morphing into something altogether different that it is now - especially now that we can go and visit the dead (the ones in hell, at least) whenever we want.
So you're saying it'd become something more like the Mexican Day Of the Dead?
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Jamesfirecat wrote:
So you're saying it'd become something more like the Mexican Day Of the Dead?
Maybe more like the Hungry Ghosts Festival. Dead people can sort of show up for a little bit (and is Michael going to try to bring Kim Il Sung back into the picture, now that Kim Jong Il has seen the light?)

PS: I just signed up for HPCA. Can only post in the Bar so far. Bloody spammers.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
EuelB
Redshirt

Post by EuelB »

Jamesfirecat wrote:Just to try and inject some life into this thread which is currently flatlining like a... well I don't know enough medical jargon to finish that comparison...
A Hell resident visiting Earth -without- whatever protection they come up with? (I'm thinking they'll call it an Earth suit...)
I'm hoping the Author adds something soon, I'm jonesing like a junkie...
Jamesfirecat wrote:I wonder what Halloween is like in the Salvation War Universe. Are angel costumes still popular? Are Deamon/Baldrick ones very popular?
No idea. I suspect while Demon costumes might be successful, Angel outfits would go over like VC pajamas and plastic AK-47s in the US, circa 1970...
Jamesfirecat wrote:What do Baldricks think of chocolate, are any of them who are roughly human sized trying to get in on the act?
If any of the Demons (I suspect that will be the PC term, as "Baldrick" was coined during wartime.) share amy of our genetic code, they'll take to chocolate like waterfowl to someplace very wet. As for the classic North American tradition (Started in the 1920's.) of "Trick or Treat", I suspect Demons taking up residence in the US will eagerly taking up the custom. I'm thinking that the Demon kids won't even need costumes...

"Trick or treat!"

"Oh, what scary devil outfits, and such cute fake beards!"

"Demon, and the beards are real."
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." Oscar Wilde
Land Phish
Redshirt

Post by Land Phish »

Do the females also have beards?
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Pelranius wrote:It might be considered tasteless to dress up as a demon or angel, given that you don't usually see too many people dressed as terrorists on Halloween.
For the record, I dressed up as a suicide bomber one year; it got me refused candy at only one house.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

KlavoHunter wrote:
For the record, I dressed up as a suicide bomber one year; it got me refused candy at only one house.
Give how people are armed to the teeth in the Salvation verse, it could potentially cause a case of mistaken identity.
doctornasty
Redshirt

Post by doctornasty »

Did have a thought,, maybe Hell and Heaven are the same place.
at different times
heaven is on a huge mountain, hell is a caldera.
perhaps an attempt to pipe lava from inside the Heaven-mount to earth results in a vast eruption.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

They have separate histories stretching back for millions of years, so that is... extremely unlikely. There's really no reason to expect it to be true.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Kodiak
Jedi Master

Post by Kodiak »

As a point of inquiry, I was wondering if anyone ever developed an official Seal/Graphic for D.I.M.O.N to represent their organization. I recall Stuart elaborated some on the fact that they were an inter-agency effort that reported to DHS, but has their been any talk on an emblem for their organization? Chewie and I were talking and he tossed out the idea of a point-down sword superimposed over a globe; one-half earth and the other half hell. It's just a thought, but I'm sure some artists out there could come up with something.
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

"There is no such thing as being too righteous to understand." - Darth Wong
Coop
Redshirt

Post by Coop »

A globe, half of it heaven and half of it hell, with a sword cutting through the middle seems more appropiate.
Damn fine cup of coffee.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Come on, you artsy types, get crackin! DIMON needs a logo!
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
open_sketchbook
Jedi Master

Post by open_sketchbook »

I'm on it. May as well put these design programs to good use.

I'm thinking two globes (for heaven and hell) overlayed over a larger Earth, with the sword dividing the two.
1980s Rock is to music what Giant Robot shows are to anime
Think about it.

Cruising low in my N-1 blasting phat beats,
showin' off my chrome on them Coruscant streets
Got my 'saber on my belt and my gat by side,
this here yellow plane makes for a sick ride
Rothko
Redshirt

Post by Rothko »

Jamesfirecat wrote:What do Baldricks think of chocolate, are any of them who are roughly human sized trying to get in on the act?
Yes, and most likely. From Armageddon?? Chapter 79, in the Minor (human-sized) Demon village:
Stevenson nodded. “Saw it back at Hell-Alpha. Abigor’s people love chocolate. Even the kidlings. Ma’am, is it all right for us to give your kids some candy?”

The female still looked suspicious so the soldier with the bar broke off a piece and ate it himself. Then he broke off another piece and gave it to the kidling who seized it and started to chew. The chocolate vanished with astounding speed.
But what kind of "tricks" would they get up to though? :twisted:
open_sketchbook
Jedi Master

Post by open_sketchbook »

Update on the DIMON logo progress. My original idea ended up looking... well, it was two spheres and a sword, I don't know how I didn't see it coming. Gonna try the divided sphere idea. I'm modeling it after NASA space patches rather than military units.

Also, the idea of using a sword is a little weird to me, considering that swords and other such melee weapons are the weapons of the enemy. Any more modern suggestions? (I'm thinking a missile and it's exhaust trail dividing the spheres.)
1980s Rock is to music what Giant Robot shows are to anime
Think about it.

Cruising low in my N-1 blasting phat beats,
showin' off my chrome on them Coruscant streets
Got my 'saber on my belt and my gat by side,
this here yellow plane makes for a sick ride
Land Phish
Redshirt

Post by Land Phish »

Its like grandpappy always said: "If a sword isn't good enough, use a laser sword" (or even just a plane laser). I figure the more futuristic the weapon the more it represents how science, humanity's main and most powerful weapon, completely blows the baldricks and their "magic" out of the water.
usagihunter101
Redshirt

Post by usagihunter101 »

Always seemed to me that a sword would infer that they do fighting, while DiMON seems to be more the R&D/Transportation arm. Maybe something like a circle, where one half is Earth and the other Half is hell, and between the two is a stylized portal?