My Collection of WW2 Firearms

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Redshirt

My Collection of WW2 Firearms

Post by 2431940 »

Here are the gun pictures that I said I would post. I also put my black powder guns as well.
the top two are German K98 then a Yugo M48. The next is a Type 99 then three Mosin Nagant Rifles. There is an M44 carbine then two 91/30s. One is a sniper rilfe but I took Off the scope to fit them together. Then an SKS from China. Then there is a No 4 Enfield Rifle thats U.S. property marked. Then we finally get to the U.S. Guns a 03a3 then two Garands and an M1 Carbine. The black powder is a 1841 Mississippi Rifle and the little pistol is a boot gun. The other pistols are two P.38 Walthers and a Beretta 92F.

tim31
Sith Devotee

Re: My Collection of WW2 Firearms

Post by tim31 »

Will they crumble to dust if you expose them to too much light?

I'd like to see the photos of your guns, but first I need to be able to see them :D
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Pictures of individual guns could also be better, so the details could be more seen.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

Sorry guys I didn't have enough light on when i took the pictures. Ill try later this week to get more photos. I'll do each one by its self also.
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Simplicius »

Some tips:

If it's not raining out and you have a porch/deck/patio/sheet on the ground, take them outside and photograph them there. The light will be about a zillion times better than whatever interior lighting you can rustle up.

When to go to take your pictures, taking them so that length of gun = width of frame means that you will have to be relatively far away. You can see from the pics you posted that you still there isn't much of a detailed view to be had even with the full-size image. Feel free to make close-ups of interesting or important details, get closer/use perspective/don't feel like you have to get the whole length of the gun in the frame all at once.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

OK thanks for the tips. if its nice this weekend I'll get some better pictures then.
Count Chocula
Jedi Council Member
Location: You've asked me for my sacrifice, and I am winter born

Post by Count Chocula »

Nice WWII collection. I got my grandfather's Lee-Enfield Mk. V Jungle Carbine and a .30 M1 carbine, which pissed off my uncle. But then, he got the M1 Garand, which pissed me off! If you want to have fun with your Lee-Enfield, let a buddy who was raised on mouseguns give it a whirl. They learn to tuck in the stock real fast.
The only people who were safe were the legion; after one of their AT-ATs got painted dayglo pink with scarlet go faster stripes, they identified the perpetrators and exacted revenge. - Eleventh Century Remnant

Lord Monckton is my heeerrooo

"Yeah, well, fuck them. I never said I liked the Moros." - Shroom Man 777
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

Yeah. I had that happen to me in fact when I first shot the Lee-Enfield.I was used to my .22 and that was the first full size round gun I had shot. Wow that hurt. The Russian 91/30s are worse in my opinion,because the butt plate isn't rounded over just stamped steel. Talk about a bite! It didn't help I just had a t-shirt on and no extra padding.
Dark Flame
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Flame »

Nice guns! I'd love to see some close-ups, also. Are there any battle scars on them or are they in pretty good condition?
"Have you ever been fucked in the ass? because if you have you will understand why we have that philosophy"
- Alyrium Denryle, on HAB's policy of "Too much is almost enough"

"The jacketed ones are, but we're talking carefully-placed shits here. "-out of context, by Stuart
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

There are some dings on a couple of them. Otherwise they are in good condition. I'll post the pictures on Sunday after a Christmas party for my classics car club. I'll try to do all of them again but I make no promises.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

OK Guys Here is a start on the new pictures. These are my pistols.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

Here are the rest of the Guns. Sorry it took so long. Had to clean them up a bit first.

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Do you fire the 1841? Hows it with the ball and patch?
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

Yeah I shoot the gun. Its a reproduction. It doesn't have much of a hit to it when I shoot it with 80 grains of FFF Pryodex. I think its a little inaccurate with ball and patch but I don't have a mold for the minie ball yet. I was out at a Military Gun Shoot in Wells MN and was the only one there with black powder. I tried to shoot it at 200 yards but I almost needed to aim off the range to hit the target I wanted to shoot. Funny to think about not to do. I like that gun a lot. I'm doing research on building my own locks for a black powder rifle that is based on this gun, but a breach loader. They made conversions back in the day but I can't find the measurements for the parts.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

2431940 wrote:Yeah I shoot the gun. Its a reproduction. It doesn't have much of a hit to it when I shoot it with 80 grains of FFF Pryodex. I think its a little inaccurate with ball and patch but I don't have a mold for the minie ball yet. I was out at a Military Gun Shoot in Wells MN and was the only one there with black powder. I tried to shoot it at 200 yards but I almost needed to aim off the range to hit the target I wanted to shoot. Funny to think about not to do. I like that gun a lot. I'm doing research on building my own locks for a black powder rifle that is based on this gun, but a breach loader. They made conversions back in the day but I can't find the measurements for the parts.
Well before you go get a mould to make your own it might be worth it to go down to the shop and pick up a bunch of different rounds to try.

I have a Traditions .50 cal flint and despite what it says in the manual about getting better accuracy with maxi-balls, I get better accuracy with the Power belt style. I also only fire out to the 50 yard line, 100 yards on the odd occasion. Mind you these aren't quite as accurate as modern rifles to begin with. ;)

I'm not sure what you can use with that one though.

If you ever get that conversion up and running, shoot me a PM. I'd love to see it.
Serafine666
Jedi Knight

Post by Serafine666 »

Ah, the goal of my existence: accumulating a large number of functional historical guns from the 1900s forward. I just wish that it was easier to get something like an StG44 or FG42 without breaking the bank. How'd you accumulate your collection, 2431940?
"Freedom is not an external truth. It exists within men, and those who wish to be free are free." - Paul Ernst

The world is black and white. People, however, are grey.

When man has no choice but to do good, there's no point in calling him moral.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

I'd would love to use different rounds for my black powder but it shoots .58 caliber and the only thing I can find for it mass produced is round ball. I could order the bullets from Dixie Gun Works but I think it would be more cost effective to order the mould instead. I can get the lead I need for the rounds from a tire shop for little or nothing. I started my collection three years ago with the K98s from a friend that is a gunsmith. Then I bought the No.4 and the type 99 at an auction for a good price the rest I have picked up at gun shows around the state and from a friend I made at said gun shows. I honestly can't claim that they are all mine though. My father has bought about half of them and leaves them in my care. So they will all be mine some day. For now though I'm just the armorer and care taker of these guns. We also should be getting our Luger from the gun shop here soon. I can't wait to clean then go out and shoot it.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Hmm...maybe we ought to have a competition to see who's the better shot. :lol:

.58? Damn inconvenient calibres! ;)

Is it difficult to mould your own shot? I've been thinking of it but I have to check with the landlord to see if he minds.
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

My bucket list includes firing a Garand until the bloc ejects, and you have two of them, and a paratrooper carbine. What a terrific collection!
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

That would be a blast to have a shooting competition. So when are you coming to Minnesota?? :lol: I don't think it is that hard to do. I have not started moulding them yet. It could be worse another friend of mine has a Brown Bess .75 caliber round ball is a B to find without flat spots. Yeah I have two Garands but only the 1943 is mine. The other is dads. My M1 carbine is in a paratrooper stock but not a true M1A1. Its just a Winchester made carbine. I want to get one made by I.B.M. though that way I can say I have both their adding machine and subtracting machine. :P
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

2431940 wrote:That would be a blast to have a shooting competition. So when are you coming to Minnesota?? :lol: I don't think it is that hard to do. I have not started moulding them yet. It could be worse another friend of mine has a Brown Bess .75 caliber round ball is a B to find without flat spots. Yeah I have two Garands but only the 1943 is mine. The other is dads. My M1 carbine is in a paratrooper stock but not a true M1A1. Its just a Winchester made carbine. I want to get one made by I.B.M. though that way I can say I have both their adding machine and subtracting machine. :P
:lol: I don't have a passport. I was thinking we could post pics of the targets here.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

That works also. :D When would you want to have the first match? 100 yards or do I have to do some Hail Mary 200 yard shots?
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

2431940 wrote:That works also. :D When would you want to have the first match? 100 yards or do I have to do some Hail Mary 200 yard shots?
I'll say after x-mas. Once the weather settles below zero and the rain stops, it's a little more pleasant. 100 yards is perfect, our range is only approved to 100 yards right now (200 yard berm is to short). I'll send you a PM and we can work out target details and such.
Redshirt

Post by 2431940 »

OK no problem. Good Luck. Goodness knows I need it. :D
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

2431940 wrote:OK no problem. Good Luck. Goodness knows I need it. :D
Same here, I'm a shitty shot.