My gun is bigger!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Re: My gun is bigger!

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Crix Dorius wrote:http://www.panzerbaer.de/images/bw_pzh_ ... en-001.JPG

German Firepower :wink:
Welcome back! You and Kenny ever settle yall's differences btw?
Image Image
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Beats all of yours

GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Dahak wrote:
Simon H.Johansen wrote:
Why would a tank need a silencer??
According to the pic title, it is a armoured mobile howitzer.
It's a Pz2000 155mm howitzer. And they need it because Germany has all sorts of noise registrations on military testing and maneuvers. That’s why Germany and the UK conduct training in America and Canada so often, they don't have domestic ranges they can use with significant sized forces.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
phongn wrote:~$300,000,000, eh? Nah, a bit rich for an orbital laser. I'd prefer an SS-18 for my mass destruction.
My B-70B stealth Valkyrie's own your puny ICBM's.
How do you propose to stealth the B-70? That thing is, like, fucking huge...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Crayz9000 wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
phongn wrote:~$300,000,000, eh? Nah, a bit rich for an orbital laser. I'd prefer an SS-18 for my mass destruction.
How do you propose to stealth the B-70? That thing is, like, fucking huge...
Size has little to do with RCS, its how you shape the craft, a 9,000 ton DDG-51 looks smaller then a 500 ton trawler because of its shape on radar, no RAM is used. However the B-70's shape is also shit for stealth, the inlets could never be passivly protected.

So I'd use active stealth,Ionization shielding also known as plasma shielding, same stuff that cut off communications to reentering Apollo capsules.

In theory you could use it to make a flying cube stealth. Of course it's also not going to be around for 50-100 years according to basically everyone, but the Russians. They've claimed to have it working for years, despite never haven't a bit of proof and experts who have actually built stealth warplanes saying its bull.

It alosh vae a double blind, your own radios or radar wont work. But with todays INS systems, who gives a damn? Plus I'm going mach 3 at 70,000 feet, 90% of the worlds air defences can't hit me without any stealth at all.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Re: My gun is bigger!

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Crix Dorius wrote: German Firepower :wink:

[Black Mage] Leave it to Germans to build a 1000mm cannon to fire a 155mm shell.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:

Nothing beats a SLAM laden with Neutron bombs for shear redundancy of damage though.
Bah, I'll just fire the Pluto Atomic Cruise Missile at you, preceded by ALBM strikes.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I give you the replacement to the Crusader program. The "Penis Envy"-type artillery piece.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

phongn wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:

Nothing beats a SLAM laden with Neutron bombs for shear redundancy of damage though.
Bah, I'll just fire the Pluto Atomic Cruise Missile at you, preceded by ALBM strikes.
Pluto and SLAM are the same thing. And my EB-1C's megawank bombers can provide mobile survivable ABM and anti missile defence for my forces.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
Pluto and SLAM are the same thing. And my EB-1C's megawank bombers can provide mobile survivable ABM and anti missile defence for my forces.
But my technowank though controlled variable geometry forward swept wing fighter will own you!
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

weemadando wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:
But my technowank though controlled variable geometry forward swept wing fighter will own you!
For a couple missions perhaps, then your weapons system with catch fire and the doors with jam and of course the crew will shoot each other in the middle of an air battle while your destroyer forgets about its 30mm CIWS.

Then my uber cargo plane and anti physics armor and shoulder fired tank guns will own your puny ass.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Sea Skimmer wrote: For a couple missions perhaps, then your weapons system with catch fire and the doors with jam and of course the crew will shoot each other in the middle of an air battle while your destroyer forgets about its 30mm CIWS.

Then my uber cargo plane and anti physics armor and shoulder fired tank guns will own your puny ass.
But what you do not know is that my +5/+5 infallible ECM suite is capable of tricking even dumb-fire weapons into missing.
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

weemadando wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote: For a couple missions perhaps, then your weapons system with catch fire and the doors with jam and of course the crew will shoot each other in the middle of an air battle while your destroyer forgets about its 30mm CIWS.

But what you do not know is that my +5/+5 infallible ECM suite is capable of tricking even dumb-fire weapons into missing.
But that won't save you plane from being shot down by my Uzi armed Spec Opts team from "The Delta force, the orginal B special forces moive". A force that's character shields are so powerful, truck, jeeps and M113's piled with terrorists are incapable of even firing at its commander, nor preventing him from wiping out there convoy with a rocket armed motorcycle.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Sea Skimmer wrote: But that won't save you plane from being shot down by my Uzi armed Spec Opts team from "The Delta force, the orginal B special forces moive". A force that's character shields are so powerful, truck, jeeps and M113's piled with terrorists are incapable of even firing at its commander, nor preventing him from wiping out there convoy with a rocket armed motorcycle.
Pah - do not make me unleash the fury of the "Rambo Balboa" character shield!

He'll be beaten up the first time, but then you better watch out!
Sea Skimmer

Post by Sea Skimmer »

weemadando wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote: But that won't save you plane from being shot down by my Uzi armed Spec Opts team from "The Delta force, the orginal B special forces moive". A force that's character shields are so powerful, truck, jeeps and M113's piled with terrorists are incapable of even firing at its commander, nor preventing him from wiping out there convoy with a rocket armed motorcycle.
Pah - do not make me unleash the fury of the "Rambo Balboa" character shield!

He'll be beaten up the first time, but then you better watch out!
But once he learns your country abandon Vietnam to its fate, and that your secretly keeping POW's in the outback all of Australia is fucked.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Sea Skimmer wrote:
But once he learns your country abandon Vietnam to its fate, and that your secretly keeping POW's in the outback all of Australia is fucked.
But then we throw the switch to "Balboa" mode and point him teh direction of Delta Force...
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

Now this is the badboy, a rail-gum
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
Marcus
Padawan Learner

Post by Marcus »

I know I left my Q-38 Space Modulator around her somewhere... pesky planet, obscuring my view of Mercury...
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

You people just aren't thinking big enough.

Cookie to anyone who can figure out why this is relevant to a firepower thread.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Star exploding?
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Beowulf wrote:Star exploding?
Bigger.
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Enlightenment wrote:
Beowulf wrote:Star exploding?
Bigger.
Gridfire?
「かかっ―」
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

XaLEv wrote:Gridfire?
It's a real-world thing. Probably bigger (in terms of size, not power) than a Gridfire incursion, though.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Big bang?, or a galaxy exploding?
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:Big bang?, or a galaxy exploding?
Exploding galaxy.

Here's your cookie.

Code: Select all

.sun.com	TRUE	/	FALSE	1767225601	SUN_ID	64.229.11.81:233481019508716
:mrgreen: