CAPAlert: "You Make All Christians Look Bad."

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Dooey Jo wrote:Funny that they failed to notice the destruction of an entire planet in Star Wars: A New Hope but listed the alien "monsters" in the cantina as "violence"...
They probably assumed the planet was full of gays, Jews, and unsubmissive women. Fundies like them think violence is wrong (unless it's done in the name of God).
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

beyond hope wrote:Check out the review of Nemesis (and also the high-pitched nasal whine about Trek) on this page. Note that the highest-ranked film in terms of "acceptability to God" is Insurrection: I'm sure this says something.
Man, I actually agree with this guy! If you strip out the scriptural ranting and raving, which doesn't start until the last paragraph in the first section, it's a halfway-decent review. I found this line particularly funny:
Now, Star Trek is just something to watch when there is nothing else better to do such as get a root canal or clean the rain gutters.
Ain't that the truth ...
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi wrote:
Dooey Jo wrote:Funny that they failed to notice the destruction of an entire planet in Star Wars: A New Hope but listed the alien "monsters" in the cantina as "violence"...
They probably assumed the planet was full of gays, Jews, and unsubmissive women. Fundies like them think violence is wrong (unless it's done in the name of God).
Heh.

Normal person: "OMG, they blew up a planet!! Evil bastards!!"
Fundie: "It was probably full of Jews and gays anyway, that's the only reason I can think of why someone would blow up a planet. And don't say God's name in vain!"
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu