Chuck Sonnenburg OVEG Coda review

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Formless
Sith Marauder

Chuck Sonnenburg OVEG Coda review

Post by Formless »

"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Re: Chuck Sonnenburg OVEG Coda review

Post by Serafina »

Behold, i can do magics!
(Hint: You often have a lot of junk at the end of the link which screws up the embedding).

I actually missed the classic Voyager Spoiler
hint: that means SHITTY Voyager
Oh, and i LOVED what you made out of that memorial szene.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Haha, nice one, I can't have enough Janeway bashing. The funeral part was priceless.

One thing, though, how come we don't get updates around here by Chuck himself? It's been a while since I've seen him post a video.
unsigned
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

:lol:

Aviate, navigate, communicate --- clearly the Federation dropped this from the pilot training curriculum -- which might explain all those spammed shuttles, mind you.... :P
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

LordOskuro wrote:Haha, nice one, I can't have enough Janeway bashing. The funeral part was priceless.

One thing, though, how come we don't get updates around here by Chuck himself? It's been a while since I've seen him post a video.
The best Voyager-szene is still where she get's literary bashed right into her face :twisted:

Either way, I PM'd him a while ago and asked him if it is ok if i (or others) post/link his videos here, and IIRC, he said something about him being busy with some side updates, so it is ok if we do the "work".
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

I've been tempted to script an Angry Joe-style video where the villian is a properly edited Janeway, but since that'd force me to watch all of Voyager to get the bits to edit, I don't think I'll ever do it.
unsigned
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

"Captain them from beyond the grave"? Has no one figured out that is exactly Janeway's plan?
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Yeah, but not her grave in any case.
unsigned
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

Shipwide Orgy night. Ughh... Curse you Chuck!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Hehe.

What was the music at the end?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

I loved the Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge reference. It beats me having a similar realization right before he says it, and referencing The Sixth Sense.
Shipwide Orgy night. Ughh... Curse you Chuck!
The callback to it in the Stupid Neelix Moment just makes it worse. Thanks for that mental image.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Serafina wrote:
LordOskuro wrote:Haha, nice one, I can't have enough Janeway bashing. The funeral part was priceless.

The best Voyager-szene is still where she get's literary bashed right into her face :twisted:

Either way, I PM'd him a while ago and asked him if it is ok if i (or others) post/link his videos here, and IIRC, he said something about him being busy with some side updates, so it is ok if we do the "work".
Where are you getting these as I haven't seen them on his site either?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »