what chaos power would you serve?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

the power calls

khorne, blood god
8%
slannesh, pleasure god
81%
nurgle, lord of decay
No votes
Tzeentch
12%

Total votes: 26

white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

Raxmei wrote:What about the Horned Rat?

He hasnt been banned..

Although his greater Daemon is no longer a usable model in Skaven armies.
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

I'd go for Tzeentch, but seeing as he/she/it hasn't graced the poll with he/she/it's presence, i'd go for Slaanesh. Because yes, I am that f***ed up. :mrgreen:
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Who the hell is Malar? I've been playing 40k since 6th grade, and I have never heard of him.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Thirdfain wrote:Who the hell is Malar? I've been playing 40k since 6th grade, and I have never heard of him.
Beastial god type bloke IIRC.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Lord of the Beast Men (Once for sheer Psych value sent a Feline Malarite army against the Skaven)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

Hmm all these people voting for the Great Enemy, including it seems one of our own. Warning fellow Farseer, the Harlequins have been informed, we may have to purge you Craft World to avoid the Taint of the Enemy from infesting the Eternity Circuit.

Say No to Slannessh, why you Mon-Keigh ask, is not the God of Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll worth worshipping?
'I say thee Nay' For that is only how S/he/it Draws you in, but soon you will be seeking any sensation no matter what is Included, For S/He/it is Known as the Lord Of Pleasure AND PAIN. Pain, which is inflicted on worshippers as much as non-worshippers. You will Kill others to feel the head rush, allow others to torture you, rip limbs off you, all just to experiance it. To worship Slannesh is to worship your own destruction, as you sink lower and lower, and become more and more Jaded.
From a review of the two Towers.... 'As for Gimli being comic relief, what if your comic relief had a huge axe and fells dozens of Orcs? That's a pretty cool comic relief. '
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Skelron wrote:Hmm all these people voting for the Great Enemy, including it seems one of our own. Warning fellow Farseer, the Harlequins have been informed, we may have to purge you Craft World to avoid the Taint of the Enemy from infesting the Eternity Circuit.

Say No to Slannessh, why you Mon-Keigh ask, is not the God of Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll worth worshipping?
'I say thee Nay' For that is only how S/he/it Draws you in, but soon you will be seeking any sensation no matter what is Included, For S/He/it is Known as the Lord Of Pleasure AND PAIN. Pain, which is inflicted on worshippers as much as non-worshippers. You will Kill others to feel the head rush, allow others to torture you, rip limbs off you, all just to experiance it. To worship Slannesh is to worship your own destruction, as you sink lower and lower, and become more and more Jaded.

*ponders for a while*

This is bad?
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Skelron
Jedi Master

Post by Skelron »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
Skelron wrote:AND PAIN. Pain, which is inflicted on worshippers as much as non-worshippers. You will Kill others to feel the head rush, allow others to torture you, rip limbs off you, all just to experiance it. To worship Slannesh is to worship your own destruction, as you sink lower and lower, and become more and more Jaded.

*ponders for a while*

This is bad?
Well I kinda think the whole Torture thing is, Torture of you the worshipper, and it dosn't matter how high you get in the Cult, you'll still have your time to be tortoured. By Experts in the field, perhaps people who make the Inquistion look like Appretices.
From a review of the two Towers.... 'As for Gimli being comic relief, what if your comic relief had a huge axe and fells dozens of Orcs? That's a pretty cool comic relief. '
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Added Tzeentch for you chaos-scum.
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

My vote goes to the Emperor/Star Child...

But since he's not on the poll I vote Khorne...blood for the blood god!!

Grrrr...fear my wrath...meow...
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Skelron wrote: For S/He/it is Known as the Lord Of Pleasure AND PAIN. Pain, which is inflicted on worshippers as much as non-worshippers. You will Kill others to feel the head rush, allow others to torture you, rip limbs off you, all just to experiance it. To worship Slannesh is to worship your own destruction, as you sink lower and lower, and become more and more Jaded.
Of course to a slaaneshi follower there really isn't much difference between the two sensations. Don't tell me the space-elfs are still holding a grudge because of that whole 'nearly wiping out your race and bitch-slapping your gods' thing?
The Yosemite Bear

*Bright Lances & Shuriken Catapults Pierce the Fallen one*

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

and ah am the first to vote for tzeentch.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
The Yosemite Bear

Well I didn't vote for any of the above because as the Resident Werebear I voted for Malar.

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The Shadows. :twisted:

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

I wonder what chaos would do to the shadows.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:*Bright Lances & Shuriken Catapults Pierce the Fallen one*
I take it that's a yes? :D
Glare
Youngling

Post by Glare »

Isn't the eldar god Khaine just an aspect of the Chaos God Khorne? I mean he gets his jollies via an avatar with a ruddy huge blade and mass carnage.

Me I likes my Tanith First and Only Regiment (scratchbuilt and kitbashed). Never played with em, just got the novels and really enjoyed the concept of the Gaunt's Ghosts series.
Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!!