[Spoilers] First Image of neoKirk's Dad as THOR!

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Cooler King
Padawan Learner

Re: [Spoilers] First Image of neoKirk's Dad as THOR!

Post by The Cooler King »

Molyneux wrote:
LadyTevar wrote:*sigh* I hope he goes without the helm, or it is something less comic and more historical.
Hey, don't knock the helm! I quite like the look of the most recent design.
I know it is a forlorn hope, but I can't stop wishing for a cameo by Beta Ray Bill.

Agreed on both counts! I don't know how they would handle Bill (if they're making the Asgardians super-advanced aliens, then the Korbinites could be out there, as well), but it could be interesting.
I don't like being a bastard, but they leave me no choice.

-Marshal Law, "The Hateful Dead"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

White Haven wrote:Given that Spoiler
SHIELD is now in possession of Mjolnir as of the end of Iron Man 2
I'm quite curious to see how they work out Thor getting it back.
Well for one, the movies don't run quite linearly and more concurrently. The entire Thor movie may take place before Spoiler
Mjolnir actually shows up in New Mexico.
Also wanting Thor to stick to the more historical version is silly, as the comics have pretty much made up their own myth simply using the actual names, places and events as they see fit and only vaguely at that.

As much as I love Thor, I don't have high hopes for this movie, and the only reason I am giving it a chance is Branaugh.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Havok wrote:
White Haven wrote:Given that Spoiler
SHIELD is now in possession of Mjolnir as of the end of Iron Man 2
I'm quite curious to see how they work out Thor getting it back.
Well for one, the movies don't run quite linearly and more concurrently. The entire Thor movie may take place before Spoiler
Mjolnir actually shows up in New Mexico.
Also wanting Thor to stick to the more historical version is silly, as the comics have pretty much made up their own myth simply using the actual names, places and events as they see fit and only vaguely at that.

As much as I love Thor, I don't have high hopes for this movie, and the only reason I am giving it a chance is Branaugh.
I just hope that some day, some way, we get to see Skurge's stand at Gjalerbru. I didn't even read comics when that happened, but it is still one of my favorite moments in comic history.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man... I hope that guy in the article from the second link is right, because fucking BARF! That costume looks horrible.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Bright
Padawan Learner

Post by Bright »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Maybe its because im not as familiar with the current backstory.. But am I the only one who thought "Thors" armor should look more like something a Norsemen might ware 1000 years ago and not, you know, molded plastic and rubber?
It will be touched up in post-production, of course. The actual Iron Man suit RDJ wears apparently looks pretty cheap too.