Megan Fox out of Transformers 3?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

CDiehl
Jedi Master

Re: Megan Fox out of Transformers 3?

Post by CDiehl »

I really want to laugh at this, because I think it's a pretty big nail in Megan Fox's coffin. She's basically been dropped from the franchise that made her famous. She didn't leave for something better, they don't want her.
I can't stand Megan Fox (not sure why, must be her voice),
My theory is that she projects no charisma on camera, she always looks like she's pissed off about something, and she's as dumb as a bag of hammers.
The G1 season 1 cartoons were basically giant robots fighting each other and explosions mixed in with Megatron's New Scheme To Get Energon and damn but if that formula didn't work.
Yes. It's such a simple formula, it should be impossible to screw it up, but somehow he manages it. Really, it's two gangs of giant robots fighting each other for two hours. Why does Michael Bay seem not to find that sufficiently interesting?
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

The old cartoons also sucked.

I got to watch a few recently, and they were horribly cringe-worthy. Why can't people like the transformers just because the toys were cool, as I do?
unsigned
Eviscerator
Padawan Learner

Post by Eviscerator »

LordOskuro wrote:The old cartoons also sucked.

I?
Is this from a kid's standpoint or an adult's standpoint? :) Because at some point any media made for kids seen through adult eye's fails. One can only take so much Serial Decepticon Incompetence before wondering Why dont they just tot the energy generating stuff back instead of always only taking the Energon? :)

The original G1 cartoon ran for five seasons, a quite respectable run considering other 90s cartoons (Darkwing, biker mice from mars, swat kats) had much shorter runs. But really the old TF cartoons were mostly "Giant Robots knock the shite out of each other".

And it worked! :mrgreen:
Homer Simpson : SLobber .... (Insert random item here) :)
Eviscerator
Padawan Learner

Post by Eviscerator »

CDiehl wrote: Yes. It's such a simple formula, it should be impossible to screw it up, but somehow he manages it. Really, it's two gangs of giant robots fighting each other for two hours. Why does Michael Bay seem not to find that sufficiently interesting?
We Were Soldiers, a vietnam war movie with an exceptional amount of battle scenes, distilled down to ONLY the battle scenes, runs about 45 minutes....

Michael Bay somehow turned a cartoon using GIANT ROBOTS (humans as sidekicks) into a movie where its the opposite way round. :P Oh, and somehow the main character is out-of-character etc etc etc..

I think cutdown the pure battle scenes in TF1 might be less than 30 minutes all told. :lol:
Homer Simpson : SLobber .... (Insert random item here) :)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

CDiehl wrote:I really want to laugh at this, because I think it's a pretty big nail in Megan Fox's coffin. She's basically been dropped from the franchise that made her famous. She didn't leave for something better, they don't want her.
Yeah it's not like she is part of a whole shitload of other projects.
IMDB wrote:
The Crossing (2011) (in production)
Red Sonja (2011) (in production)
The Leaving (2011) (pre-production) (rumored) .... Amy Beth
Transformers 3 (2011) (filming) .... Mikaela Banes
Passion Play (2010) (post-production) .... Lily
Jonah Hex (2010) (completed) .... Leila
Oh shhhiii.....

I guess the trendy thing to do these days is hate actresses over the internet because they make tons of money and act like they haven't accomplished anything? Never mind that she is set for life, but that doesn't mean anything.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

The only reason I hate Megan Fox is that she can't act.
I mean, she can't act even by Hollywood standards.
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Gramzamber wrote:Michael Bay should cut all pretense and make a 2 hour movie consisting of nothing but giant robots fighting and explosions.
That's all people go to see these movies for anyway.
If they cut out Sam and parents, and kept the soldier guy and his unit (he was my favorite human character from both movies), I would definitely go for it.

It would solve one of the problem I always had with the movies, which was that the human characters couldn't help but largely seem boring and trivial compared to the awesome giant robots. Soldier Guy always seemed immune to that, probably because he was a bad-ass too. Sam Witwhicky is not a bad-ass.
Darth Fanboy wrote:I guess the trendy thing to do these days is hate actresses over the internet because they make tons of money and act like they haven't accomplished anything? Never mind that she is set for life, but that doesn't mean anything.
I never really got the hate, either, aside from the whole "biting the hand that feeds you" with regards to the Transformers franchise. It's not like she goes around talking about how she's a super-great actress, or anything - I think she realizes that most of her value as an actress is still in being eyecandy.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
IMDB wrote:
Oh shhhiii.....
Those are all shit movies. At least Lindsay Lohan has the upcoming awesome movie Machete, which might help her start up her career awesomely!

Why did Megan Fox have to put all those tattoos on? :(
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Kane Starkiller
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kane Starkiller »

To me the main problem with Transformers films is that it tries too hard to appeal to every possible demographic group and as a result the movies are all over the place: one minute there is kind of semi serious action scene with Blackout attacking the base, then it's teenage romantic comedy, back to quasi techno thriller, then the film makes a full stop to have a completely disconnected interrogation scene just so it can work in some drugs jokes, cut to kindergarten theatrics with autobots around Sam's house, then a half hearted attempt to add depth to Megan's character with stuff about her dad...

I'm all for trying to appeal to different age and sex groups but tone it down a bit. Children don't need kindergarten theatrics to get involved in a robot movie, work the humor into the existing scenes rather than creating jarring detours like detective interrogation scene or Sam's mom on drugs from TF2 etc.

As for Megan Fox, she never was more than a nice looking piece of furniture in the films, plenty of other pretty actresses to take her place.
But if the forces of evil should rise again, to cast a shadow on the heart of the city.
Call me. -Batman
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Eviscerator wrote:Is this from a kid's standpoint or an adult's standpoint? :)
Actually, when I was a kid I caught a few episodes of the series and couldn't stand it, I remember an episode (I think its the premiere) where Optimus, floating in the sea along some humans near an oil rig, gives them the pro tip of keeping their heads above the water. :lol:

I could blame it on me being into the Turtles when I caught episodes of the series, but what really happened was that through the toys and the few comics I read I had a totally different mental picture of the Transformers, and the cartoon did not live up to my expectations.
The same almost happened with the TMNT cartoon, I had a mental image fostered by the awesome toys and the movie, and the silliness of the cartoon shattered part of it, but enough remained that I half heartedly followed it.

Now, as an adult, I actually find the Transformers cartoons hilarious in parts, its like watching Robot-Benny Hill at times.
unsigned
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:
IMDB wrote:
Oh shhhiii.....
Those are all shit movies. At least Lindsay Lohan has the upcoming awesome movie Machete, which might help her start up her career awesomely!
She's also going to be in a biopic about the actress from Deep Throat.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Gramzamber wrote:The only reason I hate Megan Fox is that she can't act.
I mean, she can't act even by Hollywood standards.
I never forgave her for the Wonder Woman comment.

The character is completely ineffective in the second movie so i would expect either expand her to a significant role but the same can be said of Spike himself. They spend most of the first two movies dancing underfoot like a pair of kittens that found there way into an irish pub. i'd rather se transformers concentrate on the Transformers with humans as supporting characters, not the other way around as it has been.

Also REALLY hoping the whitwickey's get stepped on in movie 3.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

This is horrible news. :(
I predict that without Megan Fox, and write this down, that the next Transfomers movie will SUCK... oh wait. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Sadly enough, a big chunk of the target audience will, indeed, miss her.
unsigned
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

LordOskuro wrote:Sadly enough, a big chunk of the target audience will, indeed, miss her.
She's a fucking size zero coathanger and looks skinny enough to be a crackhead. No clue why people find her attractive.
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

Stark wrote:It's the fake tan. :)

Ironically this might make TF3 a better movie?
Only if they also get rid of Shia LeBitch and forget all that garbage about his character being ROBOT JESUS or whatever.
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

[R_H] wrote: She's a fucking size zero coathanger and looks skinny enough to be a crackhead. No clue why people find her attractive.
I also don't get the love. She looks like that type of snobby high school girl who'd sneer at you and talk loudly and shrilly with her girl posse, like in crappy teen movies. She just looks plain bitchy, put plainly.

That said, while I could tolerate her in the first movie, which I found enjoyable mindless popcorn fun, her presence in the second was cringeworthy, along with a lot of other things.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

For educational purposes only.

And also

http://fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads ... ox-hot.jpg

People think she's hot because she's fucking hot. Can she act? I don't think so. I mean, I don't really know, because it's not like Transformers really gave anybody involved a chance to act, and everybody involved sucked, even people who didn't normally suck.
She looks like that type of snobby high school girl who'd sneer at you and talk loudly and shrilly with her girl posse, like in crappy teen movies.
I wouldn't know, those people didn't exist in any educational institution I went to.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Her face is NOT her best feature. It's only her figure that sets her apart from the seventeen million pubsluts that crowd every city every night.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Right, which is why the second pic was there. I just didn't embed it because it was fairly large.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

No, I mean her face is totally unremarkable. I could send any random skinny girl to makeup for 3 hours and they'd look the same. It's the mega-skinny + fake tits thing people fawn over.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Does this in any way impact her being superhot? This "-big name actress/model- looks so unappealing! I don't understand why anybody could like her." thing is stale and old.

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

It's relative. She's mega famous for nothing beyond her hips -> tits ratio, and she isn't inaccessibly perfect. I see this as nerds finally realising they too could have a woman just like that if only they got off their ass; thus she's not in magical idealised pedestal world anymore.

I personally tire of people panting about how hot celebrities are, but some people are just disabled and live vicariously in some kind of 'outside looking in' celebrities-as-gods world.
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Gramzamber wrote:
Stark wrote:It's the fake tan. :)

Ironically this might make TF3 a better movie?
Only if they also get rid of Shia LeBitch and forget all that garbage about his character being ROBOT JESUS or whatever.
It might help a little, but the only truly effective measure would be getting rid of Michael Bay and not replacing him with Roland Emmerich. But of course the TF franchise makes the studio a lot of money and as long as it continues doing so they will see Michael Bay as their guarantee for further profits.