Megan Fox out of Transformers 3?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Re: Megan Fox out of Transformers 3?

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Srelex wrote:
I also don't get the love. She looks like that type of snobby high school girl who'd sneer at you and talk loudly and shrilly with her girl posse, like in crappy teen movies. Back when I was in high school.
Fixed for you.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Kuroji
Padawan Learner

Post by Kuroji »

Guess I got lucky in regard to the girls in my high school, though I moved down here to begin a late sophomore year from clear across the country. The way they'd operate, you'd get circles of anywhere from three to a dozen girls, they'd all talk in conspiratorial tones, and when when they reach the end of the conversation, they'd all loudly and simultaneously exclaim 'Eh!'.

It was creepy. I was initially a little concerned that my high school was populated by pod people... but the first high school I went to was the usual cheerleader-clique-runs-everything crowd and they basically acted like that toward everyone who wasn't part of their little group.
Steel, on nBSG's finale: "I'd liken it to having a really great time with these girls, you go back to their place, think its going to get even better- suddenly there are dicks everywhere and you realise you were in a ladyboy bar all evening."
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Themightytom wrote: I never forgave her for the Wonder Woman comment.
[derail]

Actually, I think it was fairly perceptive of her. Wonder Woman just isn't an interesting character. She's a powerset and a costume, but there's no way to make people relate to the person inside. That's one of the reasons why she doesn't really have a firlmy fixed backstory like Batman or Superman and tends to change it whenever the DCU has a new crisis, because no-one really knows how to make "princess of a hidden country of superpowered women" into a story that has any purchase in people's heads, so successive writers cast around for one that does work.

All of the superheroes that actually have enduring popularity have it because of their human concerns, and no-one has ever really managed to write a human Wonder Woman. She only works in ensemble like in Justice League where there are interesting people around her who we can relate to in order to give us a perspective on her.

The problem of her being unrelatable means that she would essentially have to be a supporting character in her own franchise, because we'd need a real central character to provide audience perspective.

So yeah, actually what passes for Megan Fox's brain was firing on all cylinders that day, she is a lame superhero.

[/derail]

Also, I thought Fox's character was about the only tolerable one in the movies, but that's really a reflection on how bad everyone else was, especially in ROTF, than on her ability to project a charismatic character.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

That's a hell of an S curve, do models get scholiosis?

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

In my opinion they should have Simon Furman write the actually story at least his stories are by far more creative.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Stark wrote:No, I mean her face is totally unremarkable. I could send any random skinny girl to makeup for 3 hours and they'd look the same. It's the mega-skinny + fake tits thing people fawn over.
Dude, sorry, but as a non nerd that is not socially crippled, Megan Fox is fucking hot, and it isn't just make up. You still have provided no evidence that her tits are fake. :P
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

What's wrong with fake tits anyway? 8)
unsigned
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

LordOskuro wrote:What's wrong with fake tits anyway? 8)
Nothing, they just look fucking out of place on someone as skinny as her.
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

LordOskuro wrote:What's wrong with fake tits anyway? 8)
That they are fake. That they remain standing up when the woman is on her back. It seems like many women who go that route get implants that are far too large in proportion to their frame. Fake is so, ugh...
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

But they are tits! Heck, I'd get fake boobs myself just to fondle them every night. :mrgreen:

On other news, I wonder if a lot of the hate Mega Fox gets is because she ascended extremely fast to a postion of most desired woman evertm and then it turned out she was a more or less mediocre actress (and person, apparently) and people got bored and wondered what did they see in her in the first place. Despite her still being hot.

For me, I insist, it is her voice. I don't have trouble with her on the Spanish dubs of Transformers. (No, haven't seen her in anything else, maybe my opinion isn't as well founded as I've led myself to believe)
unsigned
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'm honestly not sure what problem people have with Fox period. I mean, when you've got Lindsay Lohan ducking the law and basically daring the courts to jail her celebrity ass, I can think of far worse than a young, inexperienced (or perhaps untalented) actress who speaks her mind and pisses people (like Michael Bay) off.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Megan Fox is a ditzy redneck who cannot act, but is relatively harmless and easy on the eyes. I could tolerate the first Transformers movie as a mindless blast 'em up that didn't take itself too seriously, but its sequel was easily one of the most wretched and unenjoyable sequels in the last decade, for all the resources and talent poured into it. I'm going to skip the third Transformers movie.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

and pisses people (like Michael Bay) off.
Pissing Michael Bay off is a plus actually.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Apparently she's not the only actress to refer to him as "Hitler", and since he apparently filled in the incomplete TF2 script personally (due to the Writer's Strike) one ponders how much of TF2's bad stuff (and I admit that I didn't think the movie was that bad. Cringe-inducing in some scenes but it had more robots kicking each others' asses than TF1 did) was the result of Bay's work.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Steve wrote:I'm honestly not sure what problem people have with Fox period.
You mean on this board or overall? Because overall she is still a media darling and is set for life financially, and she is part of several film projects that will make her even richer, and of course she's considered drop dead gorgeous by many people including myself.

On this board? I suspect it's just the culture on here to backlash against things that are popular in the mainstream because maybe it makes you look cooler? A lot of these posts i'm reading is "Oh she's too skinny" or "Transformers sucked". Well shit the films made hundreds of millions of dollars each and Megan Fox has a good career going for herself. Naturally i'm going to believe the opinion of some fatty nerd (and I am one so I can say that) on the internet over the facts.

But hey guys seriously is there anyone sexually inclined towards women in this thread who wouldn't be thrilled to have a date with her? If you say "I wouldn't" you're a liar.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

The whining about boob jobs was the funniest part for me.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

Again for me all the hate comes from the fact that she's a piss poor actress even by Hollywood a-list standards where virtually all of those wankers get rich and famous based on looks alone. Hate them sooo much!! *shakes fist*

Is she hot and would I date her assuming this was a bizarre parallel world where she'd even look in my general direction? Of course.
Last edited by Gramzamber on 2010-05-21 11:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

Stark wrote:It's relative. She's mega famous for nothing beyond her hips -> tits ratio, and she isn't inaccessibly perfect. I see this as nerds finally realising they too could have a woman just like that if only they got off their ass; thus she's not in magical idealised pedestal world anymore.

I personally tire of people panting about how hot celebrities are, but some people are just disabled and live vicariously in some kind of 'outside looking in' celebrities-as-gods world.
Not specifically about Fox, but what I can’t stand is nerd types who call celebrities ugly for minor imperfections when in real life they will fawn over any dumpy ass girl who gives them the smallest amount of attention.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Gramzamber wrote:Again for me all the hate comes from the fact that she's a piss poor actress even by Hollywood a-list standards where virtually all of those wankers get rich and famous based on looks alone. Hate them sooo much!! *shakes fist*
Yeah but why hate? Ok I get it, she's a bad actress. There are thousands of bad actresses with good looks probably, but she's a bad actress who has millions of dollars and that's why you hate her? Or do you hate (and i'm not assuming it's blood frothing hatred but more of a strong dislike or aversion) all good looking bad actresses?

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

spaceviking wrote: Not specifically about Fox, but what I can’t stand is nerd types who call celebrities ugly for minor imperfections when in real life they will fawn over any dumpy ass girl who gives them the smallest amount of attention.
"OMG she's too skinny makes her sooooo ugly." :lol:

Yeah I get it, curves are hot, HOllywood encourages negative body types. Apparently some girl is gonna read this thread and say "wow that internet user is very progressive I will date him!" Yeah right.

Some people are in fact naturally skinny too, but hey guess it is their fault for not eating more and working out?

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Steve wrote:Apparently she's not the only actress to refer to him as "Hitler", and since he apparently filled in the incomplete TF2 script personally (due to the Writer's Strike) one ponders how much of TF2's bad stuff (and I admit that I didn't think the movie was that bad. Cringe-inducing in some scenes but it had more robots kicking each others' asses than TF1 did) was the result of Bay's work.

I'm guessing he was somehow responsible for the fifty bazillion scenes of the *U.S. MILITARY HURAAH!* deploying for action in the movie's final battle. What the fuck is it with him and glory shots of the military anyways? We have the initial shot of Lennox and his people dropping in, a glory shot of fighters launching from a carrier while Navy crewmen say "hardcore" shit like "task force phoenix" or "code Omega," and then a shot of marines deploying from LCACs to EPIC MUSICtm.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Marines deploying from an LCAC would be awesome...

IF THE LCAC TRANSFORMED RIGHT BEHIND THEM INTO A BIG ASS ROBOT! OOO RAH!!!

adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

The Rock also had a fair bit of milwanking if I recall correctly. Bay has a huge fetish for anything US Military.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'm surprised he hasn't been named an honorary member of the HAB yet for his glorification of Miltech.

I have to admit I liked it in TF1 when the Spooky showed up and started pounding away on Scorponok, but then again how often do you get to see a Spooky in action in a movie?

adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Yep. I'll bet the Army/Airforce were fucking thrilled with the TF movies, given that they're practically recruitment videos. Then Bay finally gave the Navy a reach-around in the second one with the railgun shit.