A ride through the park.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

A ride through the park.

Post by Cosmic Average »

I rode my bike down to the local park and recorded a video while riding my bike.

Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Re: A ride through the park.

Post by Phantasee »

What kind of camera is it? I'd try attaching it to the helmet or handlebars next time, it'd cut down on the amount of ground you end up seeing. Plus if it was attached to your helmet you'd give some of us nausea!

I'm going to throw up my video of Havok's visit to Edmonton that I made yesterday or so, if you don't mind:

XXXI
Artemas
Padawan Learner

Post by Artemas »

All we're missing are railroad tracks.
Shrooms: It's interesting that the taste of blood is kind of irony.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

I completely forgot that it was raining! Good call.

CA, what's the name of the park?
XXXI
Cosmic Average
Jedi Knight

Post by Cosmic Average »

Phantasee wrote:What kind of camera is it? I'd try attaching it to the helmet or handlebars next time, it'd cut down on the amount of ground you end up seeing. Plus if it was attached to your helmet you'd give some of us nausea!
Yeah, I thought about that, but couldn't figure out a way to do it, since it's not a normal camcorder.

Whenever the camera points at the ground, I'm using the brakes.
Phantasee wrote:I'm going to throw up my video of Havok's visit to Edmonton that I made yesterday or so, if you don't mind:

Oddly enough, I recorded in a town called Edmond. Is Havok the one on the Scooter?
Phantasee wrote:CA, what's the name of the park?
E. C. Hafer Park, plus a bike trail that leads to Hafer Park.

But yeah, I'm going to have find out how to mount it to the handlebars... The okay parts looked pretty good and if I can use both hands, I'll have more maneuverability and speed. Then it'll be totally awesome! :lol: :o :wink:
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Well, it's not really Hav. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter, or in Edmonton.

As for mounting the camera to your handlebars, there is this, but you'll need a drill.
XXXI
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Phantasee wrote:What kind of camera is it? I'd try attaching it to the helmet or handlebars next time, it'd cut down on the amount of ground you end up seeing. Plus if it was attached to your helmet you'd give some of us nausea!
Helmet or shoulder mount is the way to go, handlebar mount works as long as everything's nice and smooth but if there's bumps in the path it gets messy since the vibrations go straight into the camera.

This clip's from one of the early videos my buddy & I made when he first got a helmet cam. This is the end result of about an hour's worth of raw footage from our ride.

aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Cosmic Average wrote:
Yeah, I thought about that, but couldn't figure out a way to do it, since it's not a normal camcorder.
When in doubt, use duct tape! :D
Actually no, don't do that to your camera. Get a cheap mini tripod to hold the camera, then duct tape or velcro the tripod to your helmet or some other part of your body or bike.
aerius wrote:This clip's from one of the early videos my buddy & I made when he first got a helmet cam.
Personally I like this clip better, I'm not sure why it didn't make it into the video...

This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker