14%
Other
14%

Total votes: 7

The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Q

Post by The Spartan »

weemadando wrote:First the injury news. Sure, I'll accept that. But he does always seem to have an injury to fall back on.
Given that he's already had to have surgery on his spine, I can believe that it's still giving him problems to the point that he can't fight, even though it's Tito. I mean the Doctor did tell him that he wants to operate.
Second. The soccer kick right in the goddamn face. That wasn't on the chest. That was a shin straight to the jaw. And really, it would have been the best fight in TUF history if everyone had just jumped right in.
Absolutely straight to the head. I don't think it was done so intentionally, but it was definitely right to the head. I DVR'd it and rewound it several times and that kick caught him clear in the face. Tito and his team just seized on what one judge thought they saw and used that to whine and accuse the winner-by-DQ (damned if I can remember any of their names) of faking.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Re: The MMA thread (mk1)

Post by weemadando »

That episode ended brilliantly:

"Don't break your phone!"
"I'm going to go and punch him in the head."
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Dana's voice when he said that was hilarious to me. It was like he was pleading with him. Then he doesn't say a thing when Chuck says he's going to break Tito's face. Granted they may not have played that bit yet, but at this point it's like he's saying, "Oh, well, in that case..."
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
Koolaidkirby
Padawan Learner

Post by Koolaidkirby »

wow. That Tod Dufee fight was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, it was quite literally a Homer Simpson style fight (I'll get punched in the face until he gets tired, then knock him out with 1 punch)
Evil will always triumph over good, because good, is dumb
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Well I guess Rampage is still having nightmares of his last fight with Shogun really doesn't want to fight him again. He got a knockdown on Evans, beat him up on the ground for a bit, and when Evans got up he was still wobbly yet Rampage let him dance around the cage for over minute without even trying to hit him. And then there's the pure stupid, Rashad's KO power punch is his right hook from the regular stance, he can't throw that punch when he's in the southpaw stance with his right arm dangling straight out front. Rashad does not have a power punch from that stance, as soon as he goes into southpaw, Rampage should close in and blast the shit out of him. But he didn't.

Also, who the hell is this Jason Brilz guy, and how the hell did he damn near knock off Noguiera? I've never heard of this dude before and he came so close to beating Nog, I think an easy case could be made for him winning a decision in the fight. Trading submission attempts with Nog is nuts and he damn near pulled it off in the 2nd round, the reverses and scrambles off the guillotine on the takedown was ridiculous.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

aerius wrote:And then there's the pure stupid, Rashad's KO power punch is his right hook from the regular stance, he can't throw that punch when he's in the southpaw stance with his right arm dangling straight out front. Rashad does not have a power punch from that stance, as soon as he goes into southpaw, Rampage should close in and blast the shit out of him. But he didn't.
When has Rampage shown that level of fighting intelligence to recognize that? Heck, maybe he was too thrown off by the whole southpaw thing in the first place.
Also, who the hell is this Jason Brilz guy, and how the hell did he damn near knock off Noguiera? I've never heard of this dude before and he came so close to beating Nog, I think an easy case could be made for him winning a decision in the fight. Trading submission attempts with Nog is nuts and he damn near pulled it off in the 2nd round, the reverses and scrambles off the guillotine on the takedown was ridiculous.
Either Nog didn't get enough time to re-train after Forrest's injury, or Team Nog/Black House slept on the "nobody."

LOL at Nick Diaz's Japanese title: "Violence Jiu-Jitsu."
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Edward Yee wrote:When has Rampage shown that level of fighting intelligence to recognize that? Heck, maybe he was too thrown off by the whole southpaw thing in the first place.
Rampage? Fight smarts? The only example I can think of was sitting back and letting Chuck initiate the exchanges to put him off his usual counter-striking game. How his coach at the time got that through his thick head is a small miracle. Rampage for whatever reason doesn't use game plans or fight smarts, and I don't think he recognizes that everyone else has figured out a game plan for beating him.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Well, Jamie Yager is rapidly rising on the douche index. He went on an obscenity and slur filled spree on twitter about Tito and then suddenly a new account pops up claiming that that one, which his management and other official groups had linked to, wasn't the real account and that he never said those things...
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Don't tell me he said something about Tito withdrawing from the fight with Liddell after pussing out at the end of his own fight.
Soy un perdedor.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Pat Curran I'm hearing got a robbery split decision over Toby Imada in the latest Bellator tournament, but Megumi Fujii made a successful debut, and Strikeforce has announced Sarah Kaufman vs. Roxanne Modafferi for the 135 lb. championship, on the heels of Modafferi's WTFawesome brawl with Tara LaRosa.

Oh, and Fedor's a nominee for a Duma seat it seems... along with 57 other United Russia members.

Oh, and there seems to be UFC 115 this weekend, but considering that both Liddell and Franklin are coming off of losses, how many of us care? (Other than, perhaps, for the final swan song of Cro Cop.)
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Are you kidding? That card has Paulo Thiago v Martin Campman I'm mad keen for that fight.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Well played, sir. Could be that we're sleeping on Kampmann, but I'm rooting for Paulo Thiago out of familiarity.

Also, apparently at the UFC 115 presser Chael Sonnen denied having a Twitter account... flatly contradicting himself at "Aldovsfaber Fighting Championship 1: Aldo vs. Faber." His take on the Nogs, btw? "[Anderson] has a black belt from the Nogueira brothers, but to me, a black belt from the Nogueira brothers is like a free toy in a Happy Meal. One [of the Nogueira brothers] is a punching bag. The other, I just ignore."

Oh, and Roger Gracie is apparently King of All Jiu-Jitsu.

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

OK - I'm up to the Thiago v Kampmann match (yet to watch it or anything past that), but I need to get the following off my chest.

We've had one of the best contenders for robbery of the year on this card in Rory McDonald v Carlos Condit. Because sure, calling a TKO with seconds left on a guy who's just secured double underhooks and is controlling his opponents body again is a great call to make when that guy has won the first two rounds. It was a fucking appalling call and was only rivaled by:

Mac Danzig v Matt Wimann, WHAT THE FUCK YVES LAVIGNE? You're on the side where you can clearly see the choke isn't on and you take the word of one of the fighters as enough to stop the match? He'd barely even touched Danzig's hand when he called a stop to it. That's got to be up there for one of the worst reffing calls of the year. But then again, he's got good company what with:

Ricardo Funch v Claude Patrick - fuck you ref. That was a ridiculous break in the action for a situation where there was not even an ATTEMPTED kick to the head, let alone a connected or ill-intentioned one. He was going for a fucking spider guard or an armbar and he gets pulled up for a kick to the head? Then again the ref looked like he's a Fetal Alcohol Syndrome victim, so who knows what the standards are in BC for the athletics commission. Especially considering:

THAT SOMEONE GAVE TYSON GRIFFIN TWO ROUNDS AGAINST DUNHAM. WHAT THE HOLY HELL KIND OF CALL IS THAT? SERIOUSLY. WHAT THE FUCK? I'm not sure about you, but when a guy gets multiple takedowns and holds backmount for between 1/3 and 2/3s of ALL THREE ROUNDS, then there isn't much of an argument for the other guy to take it.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

weemadando wrote:Ricardo Funch v Claude Patrick - fuck you ref. That was a ridiculous break in the action for a situation where there was not even an ATTEMPTED kick to the head, let alone a connected or ill-intentioned one. He was going for a fucking spider guard or an armbar and he gets pulled up for a kick to the head? Then again the ref looked like he's a Fetal Alcohol Syndrome victim, so who knows what the standards are in BC for the athletics commission.
The refs & judges were bribed to guarantee that at least one Canadian would win. Gotta put all that money from the BC pot industry to use. Plus it's BC, all the judges & refs were probably stoned out of their gourds anyway.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Claude Patrick would have won that fight anyway from the way things were going. That APPALLING FUCKING GIFT to Carlos Condit is a whole other matter.

And yes, that judge would have had to have been blaaaaa-ah-ah-aaaaah-zzzzeeed to have given Tyson Griffin two of those rounds. I'm really hoping that nothing else has to go to decision.

And is there any word (or is the prelim shown later) on the blood at centre ring?
Last edited by weemadando on 2010-06-13 09:51pm, edited 2 times in total.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I missed the prelims and they didn't show the blood fight on the main card so it's probably one of the untelevised prelims.

While I'm going on about conspiracy theories and potheads, Condit's a Greg Jackson fighter so that could be why he got a free gift from the ref.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Quote of the Week:
Middle Easy wrote:
The article wrote:..."When MacDonald lost, some dude threw a beer at me," White said. "That's never happened in 10 years. We threw his ass out quick. He hit me, Nate Diaz and Jake Shields."...
The first comment wrote:# J.S. 2010-06-13 12:49
Mayhem's never gonna get a contract this way
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I still cannot get over some of this shit...

HOW THE FUCK DID THAT JUDGE MAKE THAT SCORE FOR GRIFFIN? WHAT THE FUCK?

The only possible explanation is that this is the braindead stepchild of the "that guy's on top, so he must have won the round" philosophy".
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

They were inhaling the same good stuff like Joe Rogan was. Dude was high as a kite, I bet good money that he didn't which guy was which anymore after the fight started.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Should Miguel Torres really be talking this much smack? After all, she's bigger than he is.

Though, apparently the Strikeforce LA show was amazing, so I'll have to catch up with it.

This weekends TUF finale though:

Matt Hamill vs. Keith Jardine
I gotta go with Hamill here, just look at this trailer for his movie that just dropped. How can you not go with him? Also, the fact that he has KO power and Keith Jardine has a KOable chin. Or that he can outwrestle Jardine. Take your pick.

Court McGee vs. Kris McCray
Gotta be McGee to take it out. If he doesn't I'll be disappointed, because that man has Lincoln Beard, cauli out the wazoo and seems to be made from indestructability.

Jamie Yager vs. Rich Attonito
I just want Matt Serra 2.0 to shut Fro-Cop up.

Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver
It doesn't matter who wins, we all will. This fight should be frantic. But then again, both are desperate to get back on the relevancy train, so it could be a case of both guys playing it safe.

Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson
Aaron Simpson with pin Leben to the floor until late in the third when it'll get stood up (probably by Miragliotta) and Leben will KO him, leading us to all moan in anguish.

James McSweeney vs. Travis Browne
McSweeney, unless Browne just outwrestles him for 3 rounds.

James Hammortree vs. Chris Camozzi
Hammortree via decision.

Kyle Noke vs. Josh Bryant
I want to be a complete homer and say Noke, but his complete lack of wrestling meshes poorly with Bryant.

Brad Tavares vs. Seth Baczynski
DQ, rnd1, soccer kick. Just for old times sake.

John Gunderson vs. Mark Holst
Holst by spectacular KO.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

weemadando wrote:Though, apparently the Strikeforce LA show was amazing, so I'll have to catch up with it.
Apparently a good tight fight between Lawler and Babalu... although for some reason, now Coker's jumped onto the "make friends fight each other!" train, even though Babalu's 195-lb fight was specifically to avoid King Mo. (Speaking of this trend, Fitch vowed to move up to 185 if Koscheck somehow wins.) Also, we got to see what Tim Kennedy looks like when training full-time: R1 doom-RNC.

War Machine to do a year in San Diego County jail for fighting in a Thrusters Lounge (seriously)... "Jail is DUMB. All it does is press the PAUSE button on your life. What's it supposed to teach you?"

Also, MEGA MEGU~ (I recognize Lesnar, Lex-Luthor-as-Dana-White, Scott Coker, Nick Diaz... and none of the others. =/ )

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Stick a fork in it. It's all over for Chael Sonnen now. Anderson Silva is training with the legendary Steven Seagal. Let me say this again. Anderson Silva is training with Steven Seagal. You still think this a joke don't you?

Steven Seagal fucks him up good. I'll be watching for these moves in the Chael Sonnen fight.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

What the hell is this? There's no neck snapping!
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

What? The arm breaks and knee stomps aren't good enough for you?
Plus I'm pretty sure I saw the moves used in 30-50 second mark being used as a neck break in one of Seagal's movies.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

Matt Hamill has admitted that he actually fought -- in a bloody FOTN -- against Keith Jardine with a visible staph infection...