30%
No
70%

Total votes: 82

Teebs
Jedi Master

Re: Are you arachnophobic?

Post by Teebs »

I'm mildly arachnophobic, but I seem to be better than I was. I can quite happily look at pictures of the things and tolerate small spiders fine, but anything above tiny I have to kill or get someone else to remove. Pretty much my only irrational phobia though, so I suppose I come off lucky.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Deeply arachniphobic.

Jumping spiders don't bother me as bad as other flavors for some reason, though.

Big orb-weavers, yellow sack spiders, those grayish-red horrors that eat sowbugs, large, hairy, hunting spiders; they all freak me right the fuck out.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Very much so, I couldn't even imagine clicking on any link in this thread. the majority of my fear is from my older sister putting rubber spiders on my face and saying it would become real and hurt me if I didn't bow to her whim.

I was born and for all but the last 4 months of my life lived in the middle of the city. Now I life in a communter town just outside Cork and there are a lot more spiders and they are bigger. Intelectually I know they are harmless but instinctively I know there is nothing else like them in nature and I want them no where near me. I have grudgingly agreed with my girfriend that I won't Kill any in house, but ones in our bedroom are fair game for a blast of Lynx to make them leave.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Night_stalker
Retarded Spambot

Post by Night_stalker »

Now that I have watched Eight Legged Freaks, I am now VERY arachnophobic. Yes I know how unrealistic the movie was, but now I can't see a spider without smashing it with something heavy.
If Dr. Gatling was a nerd, then his most famous invention is the fucking Revenge of the Nerd, writ large...

"Lawful stupid is the paladin that charges into hell because he knows there's evil there."
—anonymous

"Although you may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, the Empire will always strike back."
Sky Captain
Jedi Master

Post by Sky Captain »

I like spiders and other animals most people find disgusting, even right now I have few specimens of Tegenaria atrica
hiding somewhere in my bedroom. They sometimes can be seen crawling on the walls at night.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Not really. My sister, on the other hand is. We can get some pretty big wolf spiders on the docks at our cabins.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor