Car Pictures Thread

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Re: Car Pictures Thread

Post by Colonel Olrik »

ALRIGHT

I'm back to the online world, after 5 months of odyssey trying to get a connection in my new home. In February, I also bought a new, nice Audi as some may remember I wanted to. Here are some photos of the new car.

Front:

I like it.
Last edited by Colonel Olrik on 2010-10-13 05:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

*writes down license plate number*

"hi, um, is this the police? Yes? Ok...I'd like to report a stolen car...yes, it appears an international criminal organization stole my Audi from my garage and shipped it to Germany..." :P
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
charlemagne
Jedi Knight

Post by charlemagne »

My driving career started in 1998 with one of these ugly children of the 80s:

It's a Citroen Visa, mine was grey. It's actually the same car as the famous 2CV, they just slapped an uglier body on it.

A couple of weeks later, grandpa decided to open his wallet and bought me a shiny new Citroen Xsara Coupe:

Mine's white. Oh, and imagine lots of scratches and some minor dents, because fresh drivers shouldn't get new cars ;) It's still holding up well after 11 years now, "only" 120k km and the engine's running fine.

But it only has to hold up for another couple of years, because as soon as my fiance's finished with her education we're planning on getting one of these:

Alfa Romeo Spider, preferably in red, of course ;) We both very much would like to drive a quite impractical car before children and minivans ;)
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

we're talking first cars?

mine would be the hard top, except that it was all primer grey, with mis-matched replacement doors, still had the pop-up turn signals, and DMV hated it.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Our new car!

This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

This one just showed up in a local parking lot one day.

Engine
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

My gawd... did you actually make a post that wasn't complete rubbish? :P

That is a pretty clean '55. They lose a little something without the hood in my opinion though. And while nice, that engine compartment and engine don't really require that much showing off.

I hate the big wheels too... man, I wish that trend would just go away.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Saw this today on Main Street in my little town:

It's parked right around the corner of the "Mystery Street" (actually 4th and Main) as seen in 1958's The Blob.
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

It was parked outside a few months ago. Took those pictures because American, especially ones that old, are pretty rare here.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thundering Death

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Is that...snow?
XXXI
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

No, at that point it's called cement, or ice

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Phantasee wrote:Is that...snow?

Yup.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."