What XBox 360 games should I get?

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Superboy
Padawan Learner

Re: What XBox 360 games should I get?

Post by Superboy »

Red Dead is a great game if you're the type of gamer who can get really absorbed into a world and spend hours just dicking around in that world, making your own kind of fun. It's not really my kind of game, as I prefer more linearity, but most of my friends have been getting countless hours of fun out of it. It might be worth waiting for some patches or a game of the year addition though.

I loved both Mass Effect games, and I'd recommend you play the first one before the second. The series was very much designed to be played in sequence and I think the story is worth it. The gameplay was improved a lot in the second one but the first is still a ton of fun in it's own right.

Borderlands is a great multiplayer FPS/RPS. It's got a lot of RPG elements but it's still an FPS at it's core. It does co-op really well and the RPG elements add a neat twist to the multiplayer arena fights.

If you like sandbox games, I'd take a look at Crackdown. It's like GTA with less story and more superpowers. It's got some problems but it's still a lot of fun and you can probably find it for $10 or less. The sequel is marginally better but not worth full price. As a bargain game, I'd say Crackdown is a definite pick up.

I've had a ton of fun with Super Street Fighter IV. I normally don't like fighting games but this has some simple and fun gameplay that's easy to get absorbed in. It doesn't have that annoying learning curve that you find with most fighters.

If you like multiplayer and zombies, the Left 4 Dead series is worth a look.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Going back to Crackers 1 I actually prefer it in every way beyond graphics and car handling to Crackers 2. It's faster, harder, and more interesting.
CaiusWickersham
Padawan Learner

Post by CaiusWickersham »

I don't know what you look for in a game, but here's a few of my recommendations:

Dead Space
Bioshock series
Fable (you can buy them both through Live I think)
Dragon Age: Origins
Oblivion GOTY
Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

ROCK BAND! HELL YA! :)
Jade Falcon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Jade Falcon »

Saints Row 2 is far superior in my opinion anyway, to GTA IV in terms of flat out fun.

There's the Overlord games.

Fable 2 is cheap and reasonable to play through

Gears of War 1 and 2, I much preferredthe second game.

Prototype isn't a bad game, its a bit slow to start with but again, it should be cheap to get.

Bad Company 1 and 2.
Don't Move you're surrounded by Armed Bastards - Gene Hunt's attempt at Diplomacy

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own - Number 6

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.