Look to the left...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Look to the left...

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Just a quick sketch of a soldier in generic heavy power armor looking to the left.

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: Look to the left...

Post by Big Orange »

That's good, I wonder if you could draw RoboCain from RoboCop 2?
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Looks cool. The depression on the side of the helmet made me think of an old diving helmet.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Big Orange wrote:That's good, I wonder if you could draw RoboCain from RoboCop 2?
Yeah, that's been something I've been trying to draw for a while now. I almost have him down...
Soontir C'boath wrote:Looks cool. The depression on the side of the helmet made me think of an old diving helmet.
That was one of the influences. I drew a diving helmeted power soldier a while ago, that and starcraft influenced this drawing.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

This is a good one. Still the same old pose, but the proportions and sizes are all spot on. Dig it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Havok wrote:This is a good one. Still the same old pose, but the proportions and sizes are all spot on. Dig it.
Thanks, coming from you it means a lot to me. I'm trying to expand my style but have been swamped with work and daily life. :/

I do have a new sketchbook and will be trying to fill it up with new stuff though!
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Like.

The only thing I'm not down with is the helmet, honestly. But ignore what I say, I don't have any taste. Reminds me of an awesome PA drawing I saved from somewhere aeons ago.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

Nice proportions and I like the design a lot.

You've still got the slight problem of mixed perspective and vanishing points though, making him look a little banana shaped. When you look at the top it's as if we are level with the soldiers head shoulders as we look at him. When we look at his legs, our viewpoint now appears to be just above knee height. It's similar to the problem on the last one, but not as pronounced..
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

TheMuffinKing wrote:
Big Orange wrote:That's good, I wonder if you could draw RoboCain from RoboCop 2?
Yeah, that's been something I've been trying to draw for a while now. I almost have him down...
Here's my quick version:

'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor