Iowa GOP seeks to take citizenship from Obama.

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Re: Iowa GOP seeks to take citizenship from Obama.

Post by Azazal »

Want to what's even crazier, the American Constitution Party makes the Iowa GOP seen semi-sane.
The question here: What exactly is the American Constitution Party? Denver Post's Jessica Fender sums up its platform. It seeks to:

•Allow state legislatures, not voters, to pick U.S. senators

•Repeal an act making it illegal to use force or the threat of force to interfere with a woman seeking an abortion

•Abolish congressional pensions

•End the Endangered Species Act

•Terminate the departments of Energy and Education, the Food and Drug Administration, the Federal Election Commission and the Internal Revenue Service

•Ban electronic voting to prevent voter fraud

•Repeal all federal campaign- finance laws

•Repeal the Voting Rights Act of 1965

•End compulsory school attendance and promote education at home, private schools or religious schools

•End any domestic federal aid not provided for in the Constitution, as it is "not only illegal, it is immoral"

•End foreign aid and participation in multinational groups, such as the United Nations, as well as multinational treaties

•Retake the Panama Canal

•Prevent women from serving in combat as "these 'advances' undermine the integrity, morale and performance of our military organizations"

•"Cease financing or arming of belligerents in the world's troubled areas"

•Return to the people all federal lands held by the government without constitutional authorization

•Bar any attempt to legalize the union of gay couples

•Immediately collect all foreign debts owed to the U.S.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Sometimes, I wonder what is it about this country that inspires so many nut-jobs to keep coming out the woodwork nowadays....
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Hard times bring out the nutters.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Fair point.
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Broomstick wrote:Shadow, you must have led a very sheltered life and experience NO prejudice yourself. Don't you get it? Prejudice is really that evil.
No, I understand fully well that prejudice is evil.

I'm just trying to figure out what in the green blazing hells is the cause of this kind of insanity! What kind of trippy-ass shit is going on in this kind of brain? Are these people, in all seriousness, defective human beings or something?
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Dude...

Way to overwork a metaphor Shadow. I feel really creeped out now.
I am an artist, metaphorical mind-fucks are my medium.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Broomstick wrote:Hard times bring out the nutters.
There's also the part about a Democrat being in office, the Clinton years were anything but 'hard times' on a large scale but you had the anti-government Mountaineer Militia planned to bomb the FBI building in Clarksburg, WV. Now you have the Christian extremist Hutaree militia group planning to kill police officers and government officials.

It seems every time a Dem is elected the conservatives lose their collective shit and prove that liberal terrorists will never compare to the acts of conservative ones.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

I don't recall anything happening to Carter. But it is a bit hard to work oneself into a tizzy over a Georgian peanut farmer.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
ebs2323
Redshirt

Post by ebs2323 »

My friend wonders why i want to move somewhere else. I hear that Canada is nice this time of the year.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

•Ban electronic voting to prevent voter fraud
One tiny glimmer of sanity amidst the madness!
Ye gods, these people really are bugfuck, aren't they? They simply do not have a one-to-one relationship with reality anymore.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Pelranius wrote:I don't recall anything happening to Carter. But it is a bit hard to work oneself into a tizzy over a Georgian peanut farmer.
Well, he followed Nixon and Ford, so he did represent improvement over Nixon and at least on par with Ford, if not still an improvement. Plus, the bugfuck crazies didn't start to come out of the woodwork until the Moral Majority got into the national spotlight when Reagan was in office.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

•Allow state legislatures, not voters, to pick U.S. senators
I might consider going with this one if it were also tied to an amendment reducing the powers of the senate to those analogous to the upper chambers of parliamentary or semipresidential republics.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)