Budapest! (56k is out of luck)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Budapest! (56k is out of luck)

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

While prostituting myself to Big Pharma, I managed to take some snaps from Budapest in mid-June:

Cityscape from near the hotel:

Another superfluous one:

It's easy to get your feet wet if you daydream while walking around:

Night visions:

The Parliamentary House:

Interior shots from the Parliament:

Inside the Cathedral:

The plaza in front of the Cathedral:

I didn't include an outside shot of th Cathedral, because I had no good ones. These are standard tourist bullshit shots in any case, well, except one (let's see if you agree which one I mean by that).
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Budapest! (56k is out of luck)

Post by Zixinus »

Heh, I'm actually in Budapest right now.

Btw, have you gone to the Heroe's Square yet? I thought that would be one of the first places where they would lead tourists to.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Zixinus wrote:Heh, I'm actually in Budapest right now.

Btw, have you gone to the Heroe's Square yet? I thought that would be one of the first places where they would lead tourists to.
I was there in mid-June on a drug research related work trip and did not have too much time for tourist stuff. If our CRO had not been so relaxed and allowed us to skip a few sessions, we probably would not have been able to see even as much as we did.

I would like to make a proper tourist trip later, though. Incidentally, once again it was proven that the (relatively distant) language relation between Finnish and Hungarian has no practical value. It's too bad our boss who is fluent in Hungarian had to leave earlier, although of course you can get by with English in Budapest.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

The Parliament is really awe-inspiring. When I went there in 2004 and saw it I was gobsmacked. Especially when I'd only ever been exposed to the downright shitty Australian architecture.