What if the Empire invaded modern day Earth?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Re: What if the Empire invaded modern day Earth?

Post by Aaron »

Batman wrote:
Aaron wrote: Jesus Batman, do you have to do the one line thing?
I'm not entirely certain what you're referring to, but if it's about me answering 888s paragraphs with a one-liner, yes I do, because not only don't they WARRANT a longer response, they frankly don't NEED one.
No I mean breaking everything down into one line and then answering it with another line. My scroll button has a limited life dude! :lol:
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Great. I make it one solid block of text, people complain. I break it up into smaller pieces, people complain. I think I'm staying dead for the time being. :P
And on a PROPER browser you can just scroll down by hitting the space bar BTW. :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Holy fuck your right! I never knew that (or more likely forgot).
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Batman wrote: ICSes.
As did I. Since when do yours override mine?
LFL's official canon policy.
Show me a sources showing that reference guides are above novels. Iirc they were both C canon.
Since that statement is overridden by higher canon anyway I won't bother looking up anything but I seriously doubt a vehicle that can damn near reach orbit is limited to single figure Mach speeds.
Near reach orbit in what time? A minute? An hour?
Speeder BIKE. IOW a LANDspeeder. We were talking about AIRspeeders which can damn near reach orbit in some incarnations.
Good point.
Yes? Do I REALLY have to explain the inverse square rule to you?
Perhaps, because I don't understand how it has anything to do with laser cannons.
At speeds you...completely failed to provide. Not that that's actually all that comparable.
Except that I highly doubt that colliding into an asteroid at that speed could produce even a KT explosion.
Which has what, exactly, to do with their targeting?
They couldn't hit the Falcon enough to disable it.

Not my fault if you can't make your references clear.
Um-the TIEs DID hit a number of X AND Y wings DESPITE massive jamming from the Death Star and possible additional jamming from the rebel fighters.
Yet they couldn't hit Luke.
Yeah. I'm totally talking about artillery when I say ICBMs. Nice goalpost move there.
Except that we were talking about conventional missiles in addition to ICBMs.
By Wars standards those missiles are SITTING STILL. Showing we CAN modify those ICBMs and do so in time to matter is up to YOU.
BS. Sure starfighters can move faster than our missiles, but not by as much as you claim.
Bracketing fire. They were trying to CAPTURE it.
And failed.
With flight times measured in the 10s of minutes.
That would depend on a lot of factors.
But everybody refitting their ICBMs with conventional warheads in time for it to matter and launching them all at the same time is not.
Your sarcastic statement is actually correct. Refitting ICBMS with conventional warheads wouldn't take that long, and launching them all at the same time could be done with a little math and coordination.
Slow as hell by their standards targets moving on highly predictable courses that can neither dodge nor survive their fire. First shot instakills.
But as I said, they wouldn't need to BOTHER. By the time those missiles hit they'll hit empty countryside.
Your dodging the question.
Yes they did. My point was it doesn't say beans about their ABSOLUTE speed (as far as such a thing can exist).
And how does absolute speed have anything to do with what I'm saying? Tie fighters aren't as accurate as you claim, and you still haven't backed up your claim.
The entirety of Star Wars. They routinely hit much faster much smaller much more agile targets. Like, every time a starfighter is shot down.
Show me a source, if you can, of a tie fighter hitting a starfighter that was actually moving at a fast relative speed.
Because-you say so.
Because canon says so. Stormtrooper armor cannot stand up to a missile strike, and neither can an AT-ST, which got destroyed by logs.
Yes they can. They have between 10-20 minutes and that's EASILY enough time to get out of the area of effect of any conventional warhead any ICBM can carry.
How will they detect the missiles (100 tie fighters won't be able to track such a large potential area)? And then they'd have to keep on redirecting their course, which would slow them down and drain their supplies.

Not that I see how you intend to get artillery (which isn't going to do beans against anything but stormtroopers, if that) in range of the Imperial forces.
Mobilize them and move them in range? Or set them up in defensive positions and let them come within range.
Because you're a moron arguing Earth forces could actually HURT the Imperials, which is complete bullshit.I
Can an artillery shell hurt a stormtrooper? Yes. Can it hurt an AT-ST? Yes.
Evidence.
An AT-STs got destroyed by a log.
Strange, they didn't seem to have all that much trouble hitting snowspeeders in ESB.
Actually, they did have trouble hitting the snowspeeders.
It most certainly IS. Not that it MATTERS since there's jack all modern day Earth can do to a TIE that ISN'T sitting on the ground with the pilot out for lunch.
I didn't claim that they could. 100 tie fighters can't occupy the Earth, as you admitted.
Do the _MATH on those swinging logs some time. Oh, and Chewie DIDN'T rip it open, he just opened it. Apparently the stupid gits driving the thing didn't bother to lock the hatch. Something like that happens in the real world too.
Then a Navy Seal team sneaks up on an AT-ST and opens the hatch like Chewie did.
Show me the math. Also, it's not just about the KE. Momentum. Which the rock is going to have a lot more of.
Momentum = mass times acceleration (or velocity). That rock might have a little more of the former, but a LOT less of the latter.
And UNTIL then it's essentially invulnerable.
Which I'm not denying.

Against Imperial technology sensors? That would very much surprise me.
I guess that the OT very much surprised you.

I guess that the Rebels were very much surprised when they sneaked into that base during the Battle of Endor.
Assuming they ever get close enough without being annihilated.
Or they could be the defenders and let the invasion force come within range.
No they couldn't because modern day fighter are instakills for TIEs and UNLIKE modern day fighters TIEs DON'T need hours to get from one theater to another, they can go, say, from Europe to the americas within MINUTES.
And yet I do not remember one source in which the tie fighters actually dogfight that fast.
You have evidence modern day AP rounds can pierce stormtrooper armour? I'm all eyes (this IS a visual medium),
A spear made a nick in a stormtrooper's armor. A spear would not make a noticeable nick in tank armor that armor piercing armor is made to penetrate.
Evidence.
ROTJ
And be ignored
Which I doubt that the pilots would do; they'd probably think "oh they might be attacking us!"
And be ignored
See above.
For a few seconds.
Or more.
It's called GOING AROUND IT. Or simply blowiung the blasted thing to smthereens.
Going around it takes time and a good understanding of the terrain. Blowing the thing to smithereens takes time and ammo.
And you know they're magnetic because...? Not that I see what that's supposed to achieve other than resulting the magnets being attached to the walkers' bellies while they go on their merry way.
Well, the magnets could be held by something. Or they could use something else, such as a lot of TNT, which wouldn't harm the AT-ATs but would harm the AT-STs and stormtroopers.
THEY. DO. NOT. NEED. TO. The can simply use existing cargo ships as any opposing naval force can be blown away with impunity by the TIE fighters.
Except that said cargo ships could be evacuated to the sea by an order from the government, and the Ocean is a big place. How will the tie fighters find the naval forces?
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

PeZook wrote:
No it can't. It can shift around Marine batallions in their snazzy landing ships (PS, they have no heavy armor on them), but it took months to build up significant mechanized forces on the Iraqi borders in an area of the world with large, developed port facilities and good roads and giant US bases right on the doorstep.

All these problems will be compounded by the fact you'd need to withdraw all those troops from Iraqistan first :D
Well apparently the Pentagon thinks otherwise.

Where? With whom? What does it even mean?
An USA force could get supplies from the South American countries that it passes through.

No, they can't. An upgrade is forthcoming to give them the ability to carry the Small Diameter Bomb, but the software hasn't been written yet, and the bombs themselves are not in mass production.
Maybe I'm wrong then, but surface to ground missiles would still do damage to the invasion force.

No it doesn't.
Yes it does.

I didn't say it was impossible ; I said it would be time consuming because the conventional warheads haven't even been designed.
Get an ICBM and replace the nuclear payload with a conventional payload. It's not exactly something you can do in someone's backyard, but a modern day world power can certainly do that.

Hence why it's a "little empire". Taking over the world is impossible, so they better forget it right away. Their big advantage is the fact they're 25 000 years ahead of us in science ; What they consider basic information is probably radically advanced mind-bending shit for us. Of course, the nature of industry is such that they won't be able to catapult, say, Chile to an interstellar nation, but they could do a lot still.
Then what's your point? Your agreeing with me that their invasion will fail.

Much like half a million modern troops dumped into 1100s Hungary could ; They'd be all using swords and spears within three years, but in a decade the country would've been radically transformed.
In terms of combat on land, sea and air, the technological gap between modern militaries and medieval militaries is greater than the gap between Star Wars militaries and modern militaries. Note that I'm referring to land, sea and air warfare, not space warfare.

I don't know, it's just not a very realistic scenario, depending on everyone acting like they never, ever did (Vader just mindlessly attempting to take over the planet with a woefully inadequate force, for example).
The idea that a fictional faction can invade Earth at all is not a very realistic scenario. Hence why its a hypothetical scenario. If you want to make it more realistic, then the USA could nuke the invasion force.

Half a million troops is more than any single South American country has right now. If the Imperials take one over, then they get guerillas and an occupation, but the country is also suddendly defended by half a million technologically advanced soldiers. Just do the sensible thing and don't disband the existing security apparatus, hoard blasters for real enemies rather than guerilla fighters, and I can guarantee you the US won't bother with a large scale invasion unless Vader does something terminally stupid. Without the US, the rest of the world can fuck off, since they don't have the force projection capability to do anything.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil joined with other South American nations could stop the invasion force, or maybe significantly weaken it.

Are you really saying the US would mobilize its entire labor force for this venture? Why? Why would they possibly care that much about liberating some South American state?
They sure cared a lot of stopping Saddam.
You would also do well to check how many combat units the US can throw around, rather than just counting heads in the armed forces (hint: it's a wrong number anyway). You will find Iraqistan has practically all of them involved.
In which they simply withdraw.

And no, you can't shift around heavy forces in hours or days. Try months. And you can't move them into South America without securing a large port first. I would not like to see modern light infantry (heliborne, airbone, Marines, whatever) try to take a port city from troops who essentially all tote man-portable rapid-firing grenade launchers and are bulletproof.
I was referring to infantry. Yes, armor units would take longer, but who's going to stop them? It's not like the invading force has a navy.

I suppose one could unload these troops in Brazil (or another country next to the one taken over, though Brazil is a little big to occupy with half a million men, so it would probably stay independent), but then you have to march them hundreds of kilometres across rugged terrain...logistical hell for any mechanized force.
You could say the same thing for the invasion force, which does not have the supply system of the USA, and their walkers seem to trip up a lot in places such as rainforests, which are common in South America.

They tolerate Russia, which is about as dangerous. South America is close, but not "right next to it". Certainly not the kind of existential threat that would require dropping everything and shipping millions of men around to fight a gruelling jungle war in some craphole nobody cares about.
Based on what we know, Russia does not have any plans to invade the United States. And Brazil is not a craphole.

The only people who'd care would be Brazil, but they're not guaranteed to go to war, either. Not when it would require a total mobilization to have a chance in hell of winning it.
Yet in the OP I stated that the Earth is united against the invasion force in this scenario.

A well conducted guerrilla campaign could take down the invasion force. AT-STs spend time tracking them and eventually run out of fuel. 100 AT-ATs can't be everywhere at once. 100 Tie fighters eventually run out of fuel. Note that Star Wars vehicles and starships don't run on anything we have here on Earth. Then you're left with 500,000 stormtroopers who would be ripe for ambushes and such.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

PeZook wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote: Actually, the USA can apparently deploy 10,000 troops anywhere in the world within 48 hours, and a million in a a week.
No it can't. It can shift around Marine batallions in their snazzy landing ships (PS, they have no heavy armor on them), but it took months to build up significant mechanized forces on the Iraqi borders in an area of the world with large, developed port facilities and good roads and giant US bases right on the doorstep.

All these problems will be compounded by the fact you'd need to withdraw all those troops from Iraqistan first :D

And even if the US manages to assemble a fleet, the Ties will take any concentrated force out with ease. Heck, all they have to do is to mass a few TIE Bomber and blast a proton torpedo under the waterline of a transport and it will be out of commission, if not outright destroyed. The situation even gets worse when the USA decides to use aircraft instead.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Thanas wrote:

And even if the US manages to assemble a fleet, the Ties will take any concentrated force out with ease.
Possibly. Tie fighters' durability still hasn't been quantified yet.
Heck, all they have to do is to mass a few TIE Bomber and blast a proton torpedo under the waterline of a transport and it will be out of commission, if not outright destroyed.
Since when are tie bombers in this?
The situation even gets worse when the USA decides to use aircraft instead.
There are lots of new weapons and such being developed that could help even the odds. Although much of this isn't scheduled to be completed for quite a while, a war would speed up production.

Metal Storm - one million rounds a minute, no recoil, no jamming
Exoskeleton suits - yep
Iron man suits - yep
Lasers - yep

Are you guys agreeing with me though? The general consensus seems to be that the invasion force cannot occupy the Earth, and I agree with that.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Star Wars 888 wrote:
There are lots of new weapons and such being developed that could help even the odds. Although much of this isn't scheduled to be completed for quite a while, a war would speed up production.

Metal Storm - one million rounds a minute, no recoil, no jamming
Exoskeleton suits - yep
Iron man suits - yep
Lasers - yep

Are you guys agreeing with me though? The general consensus seems to be that the invasion force cannot occupy the Earth, and I agree with that.
Are you high? None of those are even close to deployment. And seriously, Iron Man suits?
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Aaron wrote: Are you high? None of those are even close to deployment. And seriously, Iron Man suits?
What's your stance on this topic? Because the invasion force clearly cannot occupy the USA or any other major world power. Production on war stuff generally speeds up during a war. The USA may recall its troops in the Middle East to be better prepared in case of an invasion. That money being spent on the war in Iraq could be spent on other things, including, since they'd want to better defend themselves against a possible invasion, the development of that stuff (yes, they actually are developing suits similar to Iron Man's suit).
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Star Wars 888 wrote:
Thanas wrote:

And even if the US manages to assemble a fleet, the Ties will take any concentrated force out with ease.
Possibly. Tie fighters' durability still hasn't been quantified yet.
Durability does not really matter if one side can just shoot straight down from orbit with no weapon being able to intercept them.

Since when are tie bombers in this?
Ah, ok. In that case, just attach missile racks to TIEs, something we know the Empire can do.
Only by virtue of not having enough manpower, which will be changed in ten years or so down the line.

But the Empire does not need to conquer anything - most nations would most likely just join them or give them basing rights. And I bet that a few million Earthers will nearly immediately join up with the Empire when they promise the end of famines, the end of aids, Ebola, free medicine for all etc.

I bet that even first world nations like the USA will voluntarily join or enter an alliance with the Empire, which is enough to give them planetary control.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Star Wars 888 wrote:
Aaron wrote: Are you high? None of those are even close to deployment. And seriously, Iron Man suits?
What's your stance on this topic? Because the invasion force clearly cannot occupy the USA or any other major world power. Production on war stuff generally speeds up during a war. The USA may recall its troops in the Middle East to be better prepared in case of an invasion. That money being spent on the war in Iraq could be spent on other things, including, since they'd want to better defend themselves against a possible invasion, the development of that stuff (yes, they actually are developing suits similar to Iron Man's suit).
My stance? That Earth wins but only due to attrition of SW forces and kit. I don't completely buy all the ICS numbers and stuff but it's obvious enough that the TIE's alone will make any attempt to engage the SW forces directly a non-starter and you conveniently removed our only real chance of outright victory (nukes).

Now I'm going to ask again for a source on the US capability to transfer a million men in a week. Along with the source for Iron Man suits.

Exoskeletons, lasers and metal storm I know about, along with the reasons why they aren't deployed and whats holding things up.

Thanas makes an excellent point BTW, theres zero requirement to actually fight the Empire. Its to their advantage and ours to ally and trade.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Thanas wrote:
Durability does not really matter if one side can just shoot straight down from orbit with no weapon being able to intercept them.
In ANH it was stated that an X wing with a targeting computer would have a very small chance of hitting that 2 meter exhaust port that was the weak point of the Death Star. Note that the X wings were firing from a few hundred feet or a few hundred meters away.

So how will tie fighters, which are less formidable one on one than X wings, find and target aircraft carriers from orbit? Sure; aircraft carriers in real life are far larger than 2 meters, but that's matched by the distance difference between a few hundred meters and from orbit.

Ah, ok. In that case, just attach missile racks to TIEs, something we know the Empire can do.
Where will they get those missiles? If they get them by capturing modern day ones, then said modern day ones would not have the destructive capability of Star Wars ones that would be needed to one shot or one volley aircraft carriers. Oh, and who's to say that tie fighters have the hardware and programming to do that? Since when would they have a button to press that activates missiles that they aren't equipped with?

Only by virtue of not having enough manpower, which will be changed in ten years or so down the line.
That contradictory. If they are indeed a threat, then why would the USA and other countries leave them alone.
But the Empire does not need to conquer anything - most nations would most likely just join them or give them basing rights. And I bet that a few million Earthers will nearly immediately join up with the Empire when they promise the end of famines, the end of aids, Ebola, free medicine for all etc.

I bet that even first world nations like the USA will voluntarily join or enter an alliance with the Empire, which is enough to give them planetary control.

Did you read the OP?
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Ok, he's a moron. He won't source anything because he's a google warrior - his metal storm example proves it. The 'million round' thing was 90s marketing.

And seriously, iron man suits? He's either 12 or a complete fantasist.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Stark wrote:Ok, he's a moron. He won't source anything because he's a google warrior - his metal storm example proves it. The 'million round' thing was 90s marketing.

I bet he read it in Popular Mechanics or something. The US military looks into pretty much everything, batshit or not, remember the psychic research? Yet we don't have guys in combats mind fucking goats now do we?
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Stark wrote:Ok, he's a moron. He won't source anything because he's a google warrior - his metal storm example proves it. The 'million round' thing was 90s marketing.
Proof?

Actually, they are working on advanced suits, although maybe that's redundant with my claim of them making exoskeletons.

BTW, you're nitpicking. That part was a semi off topic part of my post.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Look, you've been asked to provide sources for a number of things in this thread and you haven't bothered to provide even one. Why should we bother with you?

Hell I'm actually interested in discussing the tech side topic with you, military kit being one of the things I can speak with any authority on but I'm not going to waste my time if you can't provide some proof.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Aaron wrote:Look, you've been asked to provide sources for a number of things in this thread and you haven't bothered to provide even one. Why should we bother with you?
On that pentagon statement, I already said that I do not have the source. You said that you know about that stuff except for the iron man suits, which are basically the exoskeletons I mentioned.

Hell I'm actually interested in discussing the tech side topic with you, military kit being one of the things I can speak with any authority on but I'm not going to waste my time if you can't provide some proof.
Basically, Earth wins the war due to logistics.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Star Wars 888 wrote: On that pentagon statement, I already said that I do not have the source. You said that you know about that stuff except for the iron man suits, which are basically the exoskeletons I mentioned.
Right, well we'll go with the Pentagon claim being wrong (I knew that anyways) but the exoskeletons are no where close to iron man suits, there not even close to the one from Aliens, being basically a strap on pack mule.
Basically, Earth wins the war due to logistics.
Err...OK.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Star Wars 888 wrote:On that pentagon statement, I already said that I do not have the source. You said that you know about that stuff except for the iron man suits, which are basically the exoskeletons I mentioned.
You make a claim, you back it up. I won't put up with your horseshit much longer.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
DudeGuyMan
Jedi Knight

Post by DudeGuyMan »

Just so I'm clear, these aren't Stormtroopers right? The ones whose complete worthless incompetence is pretty much a pop cultural touchstone? These are Internet Stormtroopers with invincible armor that will whip any real troops in the world.

If SW militaries were competent, the Endor bunker would have had a barren miles-wide killzone full of landmines cleared around it (because anything else would look too easy and blatantly like a trap) and the drama would have revolved around the Rebels trying to get close enough to pop off a shoulder-launched nuke at it.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

How do you know nuking the bunker would even work? You are familiar with the intent of bunkers, right?
Proof?
That's pretty funny. I'll make you a deal - you prove ANYTHING and I'll introduce you to how cyclic measures of fire rates are inappropriate to metal storm systems.
Actually, they are working on advanced suits, although maybe that's redundant with my claim of them making exoskeletons.
Working on advanced suits = skintight immune to bullets flying hypersonic infinite fuel suits? :roll:
Try giving any actual content besides 'trust me on this'.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Stark wrote:
That's pretty funny. I'll make you a deal - you prove ANYTHING and I'll introduce you to how cyclic measures of fire rates are inappropriate to metal storm systems.
I have actually backed up all of my important claims, yet you take a minor point that I make and focus on it.

Working on advanced suits = skintight immune to bullets flying hypersonic infinite fuel suits? :roll:
Even Stark had to go through several models to get to the suit level he had in current comics. Early advanced suits may have some of Iron Man's earlier features.

But again that was a semi off topic part of my post. You're nitpicking.

And that was also a minor semi off topic part of my post.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

sorry see previous post.
Stark wrote:How do you know nuking the bunker would even work? You are familiar with the intent of bunkers, right?
Proof?
Last edited by Star Wars 888 on 2010-08-22 01:31am, edited 1 time in total.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

gag, my post didn't work, see post two posts back

sorry, typing on an iPod touch is hard
Stark wrote:How do you know nuking the bunker would even work? You are familiar with the intent of bunkers, right?
Proof?
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Star Wars 888 wrote:I have actually backed up all of my important claims, yet you take a minor point that I make and focus on it.
So you're not going to back up this metal storm silliness and you think you've supported your claims? OK. :D
Even Stark had to go through several models to get to the suit level he had in current comics. Early advanced suits may have some of Iron Man's earlier features.

But again that was a semi off topic part of my post. You're nitpicking.
You're a fucking lunatic if you think 'load carrying exoskeleton' has anything to do with childish fantasy like infinite-power godsuits. Why do you think jetpacks just don't work? :lol:
And that was also a minor semi off topic part of my post.
So when we trust you on your unsourced claims, is this always a minor off topic part of your post?

If you're using a touch, why bother quoting at all?