Hypothetical challenge: Empire invading future Earth

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Sinanju
Youngling

Re: Hypothetical challenge: Empire invading future Earth

Post by Sinanju »

...do you have any idea how much explosive you'd need to 'fill' a city?

HINT: Doing this trick more than once would probably be impossible unless you're giving future Earth replicators too.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Sinanju wrote:...do you have any idea how much explosive you'd need to 'fill' a city?
A lot (although that was semi figurative), but a future 26th century Earth would logically have more powerful explosives than we have today.

HINT: Doing this trick more than once would probably be impossible unless you're giving future Earth replicators too.
They'd have the resources to do it, although the imperials may not fall for it twice.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Man, you really like your "RAR RESISTANCE AT ALL COST FREEDOM OR DEATH BETTER DEAD THAN RED DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR RAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" scenarios, huh?

Hint: How much of this shit can your population take? Do you have a guarantee they won't just go "fuck this" and surrender when the Empire does the logical thing and start broadcasting propaganda about your most reasonable and rational measures at scorched earth?

"Look at what your leaders have done! Your lush worlds are now poisoned wastelands. Your grand cities are reduced to rubble. Your troops scorch the earth and destroy your homelands while the select few get to retreat to secure bunkers! Do you really owe such men your loyalty?"

Then show copious amounts of dead civilians, your own troops destroying the environment, etc.

All 100% true. You could even invite observers to the dead husk of a world.

I mean, fuck...you made it possible for the Empire to subjugate your people without using terror tactics at all! BRILLIANT!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

My hippotheticel future Earth is far better than Star Wars 888's version anyway. I think it is also more worthwhile to discuss my hippotheticel future Earth's fight than Star Wars 888's. Let's stop talking about him and start talking about me. 8)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:My hippotheticel future Earth is far better than Star Wars 888's version anyway. I think it is also more worthwhile to discuss my hippotheticel future Earth's fight than Star Wars 888's. Let's stop talking about him and start talking about me. 8)
Although risking being classified as a "me too" poster, I have to agree with Shroomy. His scenario is so much superior that it isn't even funny; I mean starting right from the screen name of the poster: Shroom Man 777 vs. Star Wars 888. I also very much like the FTL women, which are even better if they engaged in a cosmic coitus with their loved ones. There is something very primal yet very beautiful in that scenario. My only wish would be to have some special powers to gay man and lesbian pairs as well to represent a wider range of human sexuality, but perhaps the would be needlessly PC.
Sinanju
Youngling

Post by Sinanju »

Ah, if only we were discussing Shroom's Earth. Oh well!
Star Wars 888 wrote:A lot (although that was semi figurative), but a future 26th century Earth would logically have more powerful explosives than we have today.
That's true, but you're talking about rigging cities to explode which would be quite a blast.

Also, setting all these bombs is going to take a looong time and not be especially subtle (you're going to be transporting in quite a lot of explosives). The smarter thing to do would be for your 26th-century military to hold onto their boom and use it sparingly as they shift to guerrilla warfare.

Incidentally, every bomb that's being used to blow up a city is explosive that you're not using to build a missile or a grenade, or using to destroy the enemy's stuff (as opposed to your own and hopefully taking them with you) so your strategy would actually hamper the war effort.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

@ Marcus Aurelius

If a man sticks his turbopenis into another man's butt, he channels his power to that butt-man's own turbopenis and amplifies its yield doublefold! If you get a line of, say, a hundred men all with their dicks in each other's butts, the man on the front will have his turbopenis ejaculating petaton-yield sperms easily! So much cocks up so much butts will make the Suncrusher, which is already a tiny prick, even more insignificant and feeble and flaccid in comparison to the turbopenises. The turbopenises combined form the DEATH COCK! Lesbian pairs 69-each other will no longer be a hyperdrive-based FTL. They'll be a goddamn space-folding drive, for Girl Love is one of God's greatest creations and in the throes of their passion space and time itself will writhe in lesbian ecstasy, arcing its back and quivering forth with each and every stroke and caress and tongue-wag. Oh man.

Not only does this 'verse have awesome smexiness, it also has ridiculous weapons yields. And if it's weapons yields are high, it must be good! The higher the better! The longer, the harder, the deeper and rougher! Oh man! OH MAN!

:lol:
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:@ Marcus Aurelius

If a man sticks his turbopenis into another man's butt, he channels his power to that butt-man's own turbopenis and amplifies its yield doublefold! If you get a line of, say, a hundred men all with their dicks in each other's butts, the man on the front will have his turbopenis ejaculating petaton-yield sperms easily! So much cocks up so much butts will make the Suncrusher, which is already a tiny prick, even more insignificant and feeble and flaccid in comparison to the turbopenises. The turbopenises combined form the DEATH COCK! Lesbian pairs 69-each other will no longer be a hyperdrive-based FTL. They'll be a goddamn space-folding drive, for Girl Love is one of God's greatest creations and in the throes of their passion space and time itself will writhe in lesbian ecstasy, arcing its back and quivering forth with each and every stroke and caress and tongue-wag. Oh man.

Not only does this 'verse have awesome smexiness, it also has ridiculous weapons yields. And if it's weapons yields are high, it must be good! The higher the better! The longer, the harder, the deeper and rougher! Oh man! OH MAN!

:lol:
Iirc sperm cannot survive in a vacuum, so your future Earth would get pwned. ;)
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Star Wars 888 wrote: Iirc sperm cannot survive in a vacuum, so your future Earth would get pwned. ;)
It's turbopostscarcitytranssperm

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

PeZook wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote: Iirc sperm cannot survive in a vacuum, so your future Earth would get pwned. ;)
It's turbopostscarcitytranssperm
And it obviously creates a hyperwarpsubspace-bubble-wormhole. Duh. Why do you always miss the obvious?
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Marcus Aurelius
Jedi Master

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Serafina wrote:And it obviously creates a hyperwarpsubspace-bubble-wormhole. Duh. Why do you always miss the obvious?
Besides, with the help of the lesbian pairs the future humans could be practically everywhere in no time at all! The Imperials could not even find them unless they wanted to be found.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Star Wars 888 wrote:
Iirc sperm cannot survive in a vacuum, so your future Earth would get pwned. ;)
Jesus Christ man, this is the future. Are you totally devoid of imagination and creativity, and an inability to read posts too? :roll:
I wrote:In this future Earth, human beings can routinely ejaculate sperm cells yielding in 1 gigaton, and with each sperm's flagella (that tadpole tail) being able to propel it to .c fraction speeds (.9 c to be exact) up to several lightyears before the super-futuristic semen runs out of fuel for the sperms.
The relativistic semen (which is by the way composed of quantum metamaterials secreted by future humanity's prostate glands) contains sugars that yield in the petatons. Like how a Snickers bar has 1 megajoule of energy, after all. The difference is that the snickers bar is burned slowly. The jizz blasts it all out at once. Or the superpost-semen can choose whether to burn itself slowly while providing nutrition to the gigaton-sperms, or to blow up in a big bang bukakke immediately. It is a smart-semen. It's very smart semen. It is the future and people can upload a copy of their consciousness into their own semen due to transhumanist future postreal postmodern AI technologies! Fuck, I bet the futuristic semen could come up with more creative and entertaining threads than Star Wars 888, too! :lol:

QED! Concession axe-scepted, you fuckmothering suck-cockerizing donkeyhole! URGH! URGH! URGH!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Serafina wrote:
And it obviously creates a hyperwarpsubspace-bubble-wormhole. Duh. Why do you always miss the obvious?
You seem to insult others for the most trivial reasons, but you're also an immense hypocrite. You've blamed me for "wanking" the hypothetical future Earth by hand waving away problems when their opponent, the Empire, hand waves almost every basic principle of physics known to humanity.

But no, it's not fair for me to "hand wave" away stuff that can indeed be "hand waved" by sufficient science and technology, even when they're facing an opponent that can hand wave physics :roll:

@PeZook:

BTW, I responded to your post in that other thread quite a while ago.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Star Wars 888 wrote: @PeZook:

BTW, I responded to your post in that other thread quite a while ago.
You should go and read it, then.