Nebula Class

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Bob the Gunslinger
Has not forgotten the face of his father

Nebula Class

Post by Bob the Gunslinger »

Which version would look better on my desk?

The Melbourne look, or the Sutherland look?

Keep in mind that I'll be doing a kit-bash, so the model will only resemble the Nebula sub-type in shape and not in the details.
"Gunslinger indeed. Quick draw, Bob. Quick draw." --Count Chocula

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

"Like...are we canonical?" --Aaron Dembski-Bowden to Dan Abnett
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Important question about the Nebula Class!

Post by Thanas »

"Blocked - no hotlinking" is quite a decent look too.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Sutherland. The other one looks like some fanboy's abortion.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Bob the Gunslinger

Aaron wrote:Sutherland. The other one looks like some fanboy's abortion.
All right, I'll try to come up with a nice trapezoidal pod...

The Melbourne might be easier considering it really was just a kitbash of similar kits to the one I have, but the little nacelles are kind of weird, anyway.

"Unquestionably, Dr. Who is MUCH lighter in tone than WH40K. But then, I could argue the entirety of WWII was much lighter in tone than WH40K." --Broomstick

"This is ridiculous. I look like the Games Workshop version of a Jedi Knight." --Harry Dresden, Changes

Drooling Iguana
Sith Marauder

Post by Drooling Iguana »

Wasn't the Nebula class a kitbash to begin with, made with pieces from other props?

And put me down for another Sutherland vote. Those extra warp nacelles just look silly.
"Stop! No one can survive these deadly rays!"
"These deadly rays will be your death!"
- Thor and Akton, Starcrash

"Before man reaches the moon your mail will be delivered within hours from New York to California, to England, to India or to Australia by guided missiles.... We stand on the threshold of rocket mail."
- Arthur Summerfield, US Postmaster General 1953 - 1961
Bob the Gunslinger

Well, I wouldn't actually be able to use smaller GCS nacelles since I don't have any more GCS models, but more like modified missile tubes or some rectangular plasticard tubes for nacelles, or little "Hiliter" looking things.

The Sutherland-style pod I make will be mostly made out of model airplane control surfaces with tank treads as details/grills/whatever.

Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Why the hell is that crappy variant called a 'Melbourne'? The USS Melbourne was an Excelsior class vessel. EDIT: nevermind, Memory Alpha has the answer.

Put me down +1 for the Sutherland.
Bob the Gunslinger

Drooling Iguana wrote:Wasn't the Nebula class a kitbash to begin with, made with pieces from other props?
The Melbourne and Phoenix models were, but the Sutherland/Farragut was made with much more distinct parts, including a differently-shaped engineering hull, deflector dish, impulse engines, and some strange bits on the warp engines. So my model won't be accurate.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

You want me to save this thread or do you want to start a new one in AMP?
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Bob the Gunslinger

I hadn't even thought about AMP. That's probably a good idea, because then I'll have to post some pictures. And then I'll get some nice, quality feedback.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Thanas wrote:You want me to save this thread or do you want to start a new one in AMP?
------------
------------
My LPs
Bob the Gunslinger

I meant "Yeah, save it." Sorry. No sleep.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Nebula Class

Post by Thanas »

Done.

Also renamed it.
------------
------------
My LPs
Bob the Gunslinger

Thanks. Now, I have some pieces ready to assemble, and then I'll get some pics up, hopefully. Does anybody know a good, free pic hosting service?

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Photobucket is pretty decent, and free.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.