The Empire vs Modren Day Earth, My Pov

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

LT.Hit-Man303
Youngling

The Empire vs Modren Day Earth, My Pov

Post by LT.Hit-Man303 »

I was reading the Empire VS Modren Day Earth in this sub forum and it got me thinking, so here's my take of what might happen if the Galatic Empire came to Modren Day Earth.

Lest say good old Uncle Palpy crushes the rebel scum, peace and order is established in the SW galaxy and then one find day Uncle Palpy getis a weird force vison of the Milky Way Galaxy and so good Uncle Palpy decied to exspand his holdings and puts together a task force of 1 SSD, 8 ISDs, 12 VSD, 12 Interdictors with their full complament of fighters(a mix of tie fighters and ther varients, Gun Boats, Tie Defenders and what not) and ground troops with full suport and 36 suply ships and 36 troop transports with a 50/50 mix of Imperial Army troops and Stormtroopers and they weapons and equipment.

Now I'm going by the SW Essential Guide to vehices and vessels so I don't know how cannon they are so if I'm worng in the stats I'm going to give then correct them.
Now acording the the EG the Executor SSD has two full wings of Tie Fighters(144) and 200 other combat and suport ships, for ground assaults the SSD maintains a full corps of stroomtrooper(38,000), 3 prefabricated Imperial garrison bases and enough walkers to decimate any rebel bases(I'll get to the number of AT-AT/AT-STs in a moment.)

A single ISD acording to the EG has a full wing(72) Tie Fighters six squadrens of 12 ships, at the time of the battle at Yavin an ISD have 4 squads of Tie Fighters, 1 squad of Tie Interceptors and 1 sqaud of Tie Bombers, at the battle of Endor an ISD had a second squad of Tie Interceptors replaces on squad of Tie Figthers.
Also an ISD has the following suport ships 8 Lambda class shuttles, 15 strormtrooper transports, 5 assault gun boats and a variable number of Skipay blastboats and Gamma class assault shuttles(No numbers given on the Skiprays and Gammas)
ISDs carry planetary assault teams with landing barges, drop ships, 20 AT-ATs 30 AT-STs, 9,700 ground troops, for long term palnetary occupation the ISD can depoly a prefabricated garrison base of with 800 troops, 10 AT-ATs, 10 AT-STs and 40 Tie fighters.
So bassed on the the number of AT-ATs and AT-STs carried by an ISD and given the size of an SSD I can safely take a guess that on the low end of things that an SSD carries 3 to 4 times more AT-ATs and AT-STs then a single ISD.

Also in the EG is says in the ISD listing that a full planetary invasions require a full fleet, 6 ISDs, heavy and light cruisers and carrier ships for a normal SW world, (But I think that the SW task force would have a far easier time of invading and occupying modren day Earth give the huge gap in technolagy, I could be worng though)

A VSD carries two squadres of Tie Fighter(24), 2,000 ground troops and as well as plaentary drop ships, troop transports, and a wide range of planetary assault vehicles such as AT-ATs, Jugernaughts and Ubrikkian HAVr A9 Floating Fortresses.

Give the small size of a VSD I would hazzard a guess that they could cary 2-4 AT-ATs, 6 AT-STs and about 8 Jugernauts and I would say 3 Floating Fortresses on the high end of things

An Interdictor has no Tie Figthers or ground troops acording to the EG

As for the cargo ships and troop transports ships that are a part of the Task Force I can only guess at how much suplies and troops they carry, can any fill the numbers in on them?

Now let's say that the Earth has never heard of or created Star Wars so what do you think the most likely out come of the Imperial task force showing up in earth orbit would be?

For me I would say that depends on the commander of the Imperial task force naturaly he is going to be very surpised to find humans in another galaxy and also the people of Earth are going to be very damned surpised to find that there are humans from another galaxy, most likely the commander of the Imperial task force would most like give a small show of the task forces,s fire power, say blasting a small uninhabted island from orbit and demaned the Earth's surender or it could go the other way and that given the fact that both sides are human the commander might use diplomancy in order to add the Earth into the Emepror's holdings and use the Earth as a steping stone for the conquest/colinazation of the Milky Way Galaxy, which would depend on what the commander's orders were from Uncle Palpy.

Let's go for some extra points here, let's say that the commander of the Imperial task force is a fully trained Sith Lord, who might or might not be inclined to start his own empire and let's say for the shits and giggles that the rebels are still around and they get wind of the Imperial task force's trip to the Milky Way, what would they do if anything?

As for the power of SW weapons I leave that to the more sicene mind mebers here to debate.
" Remember only you can prevent canibalistic murder, feed your local Sith Lord today. "
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Re: The Empire vs Modren Day Earth, My Pov

Post by chitoryu12 »

Assuming that you get an intelligent task force commander, diplomacy would likely be the way to go at the beginning. Considering that we're as much of a backwater planet as you can get to the Empire (we've barely got off the planet compared to them), they don't have really any reason to expect resistance. They know that if they wanted, they could just sit in orbit and make their demands with absolutely zero threat to them, as they could detect and shoot down any missiles shot at them and our spacecraft have no weapons, aside from a jerry-rigged missile launcher that probably wouldn't do much of anything to them and just result in the space shuttle being vaporized.

Any resistance would be crushed rather swiftly and easily, especially since you would need a heavy machine gun and snipers to easily get through stormtrooper armor and blaster rifles have far more raw power than an assault rifle or battle rifle. I think the biggest threat to Earth would be psychopathic religious folk who try to start a holy war against them and give us a bad name, possibly resulting in country-wide retribution.
Mobius IO
Youngling

Post by Mobius IO »

There is nothing Earth could do to stop the capital ships so we'd be ignored, conquered, or destroyed as the commander of the fleet wishes.

The bigger question is what would the Empire gain by sending a an expedition here? The distance between galaxies is immense; Andromeda, the nearest spiral galaxy, is about 2,500,000 light years away and its practically in our back yard. Star Wars is set in a galaxy "far, far away" so unless the Empire invents a much faster form of FTL travel the expedition would be totally cut off from the Empire and if successful would found a new civilization.

I don't think the rebels would do anything because, again, the Milky Way is do far removed that any forces sent to it are effectively out of play and they already have an entire galaxy to liberate.
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

Mobius IO wrote:The bigger question is what would the Empire gain by sending a an expedition here? The distance between galaxies is immense; Andromeda, the nearest spiral galaxy, is about 2,500,000 light years away and its practically in our back yard. Star Wars is set in a galaxy "far, far away" so unless the Empire invents a much faster form of FTL travel the expedition would be totally cut off from the Empire and if successful would found a new civilization.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. For a scenario like this I don't think it's outrageous to suggest the Star Wars galaxy is Andromeda; IIRC the descriptions roughly match (a spiral galaxy somewhat bigger than the MW), we've already tossed out half of the "a long time ago in a galaxy far away" statement in this scenario, and "galaxy far away" is pretty open to interpretation (far away relative to what?). What are the high-end speeds for hyperdrive? Millions of c? At those kind of speeds they could get here in a year or three. Even if we assume that it takes SW ships, say, a couple of months to cross their own galaxy (and I'm pretty sure the high-end hyperdrive figures are higher) they could still get here in under a decade. That is a pretty long trip, but not entirely unreasonable, especially given they have giant ships and a form of suspended animation ("frozen in carbonite"). If they could take over the Milky Way they could roughly double their territory (not quite as MW is smaller than Andromeda, but they'd still gain a pretty huge chunk of territory). Even if it's a dubious venture from an economic point of view I could it seeing being the sort of thing somebody like Palpatine would go in for.

Personally I think the easiest way to work this kind of scenario is to just assume Earth is a planet in the Unknown Regions or something. But the OP already specified that the Empire is in a different galaxy in this scenario, so that's that.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Using figures on the main site, I came up with a speed of 10kly/day, which to get from Andromeda to here would be about 250 days. That's not bad at all considering the distances involved. In fact, that's fast enough that you wouldn't need a wormhole or anything like that to do it.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Wars hyperdrive is in the 7 figure c range. Theoretically, they could reach us from Andromeda inside a month or two (distance from the Milky Way is still 2.5 million ly, right?) if they had the range to to it in one hop, which they don't. Capship range is in the high 10/low 100K ly range IIRC so they'll have to make plenty of pit stops, which is going to slow them down. They don't need a wormhole to get here, but it would be a hell of a lot more convenient.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

That is true, but the absence of a wormhole makes for a much more interesting plot logistics wise, since it means that fresh forces don't have to come from a fixed point. You'd need a massive amount of specialized supply ships though.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I don't see how given there's jack all modern day Earth can do about it. Against an opponent that can actually fight back, yes, the Empire not being reliant on a single resupply route that can actually be blocked would make a difference, but against modern day Earth? We're screwed either way.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Mobius IO
Youngling

Post by Mobius IO »

I'll grant that is we place SW in the Andromeda galaxy the scenario becomes somewhat plausible; depending on the speed of SW FTL. In which case I stand by my assessment that Earths fate is entirely in the hands of the Empire.

However I don't think discarding "a long time ago" is a given. By that I mean that if the SW galaxy is "far away" then an expedition would have to hav been launched "long ago" to be arriving now.

Which to my mind opens up more interesting story potentials. A simple land grab is cut and dry, the Empire wins, but what would a civilization comprised of a fer hundred thousand (?) Imperial decedents and the billions of native humans look like after a few generations? What could make Palpatine want to do something like that?
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

The amount of ships being sent to capture Earth is ridiculously large; 2 or 3 Star Destroyers would be more than enough, even assuming the invasion occurred at a point in time when we've managed to colonize the Moon. 8 of them plus a Super Star Destroyer is massive overkill. It would be more reasonable if they decided to colonize Mars and some of the moons in the solar system, but they wouldn't really get anything out of it unless the resources there can be mined and processed (assuming there's anything that they really want from there). Mercury and Venus would be practically useless to try and colonize due to the hostile environment, especially the atmospheric pressure and heat of Venus.

I can't really see the Empire sending more than 1 or 2 Star Destroyers at the most, along with transports to carry large amounts of supplies to effectively establish a colony.
LT.Hit-Man303
Youngling

Post by LT.Hit-Man303 »

Thank you eveyone who relied to my question.
If something like this was to happen in real life I don't think there would be any conflict between the Earth and the Empir, not because of the overwhelming firepower of the Empire but due to massive shock, well massive to Earth humans, because we would know for sure that we are not alone in the univerce but all that there are humans from another galaxy, on the Imperial side of things the Empire would not be all that surpised that there is life in another galaxy but what would surpise them is that there are humans in this new galaxy they have been send to and with the Empire's hard core pro human stance they might consider the Earth humans to be a long lost tribe, maybe the left overs from the explorers that left their galaxy from the time of the Old Republic.

All in all it would be something that would rattle both socities.
" Remember only you can prevent canibalistic murder, feed your local Sith Lord today. "
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I don't think it would rattle the Empire that much. There are so many near-human species in Star Wars (that can eat the same food, breathe the same air, that look the same or nearly so); it wouldn't shock them that something looking so much like humans could emerge elsewhere.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

The concept that some colony or generational ship crashed millennia ago and populated a planet in another galaxy wouldn't be too much of a shock to anyone. It's a perfectly plausible explanation.

I'm willing to bet that almost every world government, if not all of them, would surrender to such an overwhelming display of firepower with little thought on the matter. Any resistance would be dealt with swiftly, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Imperial troops begin conscripting soldiers (or opportunistic locals volunteer) to assist them in assimilating Earth into the Empire.
Cykeisme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cykeisme »

Just pointing out that the Star Wars galaxy is supposed to have two smaller nearby dwarf galaxies, so it can't be Andromeda.
I assume that for purposes of this discussion, it looks like we're hypothetically assuming the Star Wars galaxy was the same distance as Andromeda?

Since Earth is completely and utterly at the mercy of their whims, the discussion is not interesting; the Imperial officer can do as he pleases. As stated, it's likely friendly diplomatic communications will be opened up.. and then we throw out everything we thought we knew about natural history. Or we show the Imperials our fossil record, and they realize where they're really from. Mweh, that part of the discussion just makes too little sense.

A better question would be to ask what the rest of the Milky Way holds, if there are any interstellar civilizations out there. If an Imperator-class shows up, it can cross the Milky Way in a couple of days at most.. and rest of our galaxy is unknown to both them and us.
"..history has shown the best defense against heavy cavalry are pikemen, so aircraft should mount lances on their noses and fly in tight squares to fend off bombers". - RedImperator

"ha ha, raping puppies is FUN!" - Johonebesus

"It would just be Unicron with pew pew instead of nom nom". - Vendetta, explaining his justified disinterest in the idea of the movie Allspark affecting the Death Star
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

chitoryu12 wrote:The concept that some colony or generational ship crashed millennia ago and populated a planet in another galaxy wouldn't be too much of a shock to anyone. It's a perfectly plausible explanation.
Until they compare the DNA of humans to that of other Earth lifeforms, and then take a look at Earth's fossil record. If we were transplants we'd be unrelated to all other Earth life (except maybe a few co-imports) and if much or all Earth life was introduced simultaneously with us we shouldn't see a relatively continuous fossil record stretching back tens of millions of years. Then there's all the obvious evolutionary precursors of humans in the fossil record on top of that. We simply fit too well into the rest of life on Earth to plausibly be aliens who crash-landed here.

I don't think we know where humans came from in SW though so it's quite possible that they'd simply (and logically) conclude this is the original human homeworld and SW humans are descended from some cave men aliens took as slaves or something. For that matter, something like that is probably objectively true in this scenario.
Cykeisme wrote:Just pointing out that the Star Wars galaxy is supposed to have two smaller nearby dwarf galaxies, so it can't be Andromeda.
Andromeda has satellite galaxies.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Until they compare the DNA of humans to that of other Earth lifeforms, and then take a look at Earth's fossil record. If we were transplants we'd be unrelated to all other Earth life (except maybe a few co-imports) and if much or all Earth life was introduced simultaneously with us we shouldn't see a relatively continuous fossil record stretching back tens of millions of years. Then there's all the obvious evolutionary precursors of humans in the fossil record on top of that. We simply fit too well into the rest of life on Earth to plausibly be aliens who crash-landed here.
I don't think they'd have too much of a reason to start examining in that much detail. They'd be a lot more concerned with "How can we get use out of this system?", something that falls rather short. Unless they start navigating and mapping the rest of the Milky Way and use Earth as a jumping-off point. If my memories of astronomy class are correct, we're essentially the Outer Rim of our galaxy, correct?
Junghalli
Sith Acolyte

Post by Junghalli »

chitoryu12 wrote:If my memories of astronomy class are correct, we're essentially the Outer Rim of our galaxy, correct?
We're about 26,000 light years from the core. The radius of the disk is roughly 50,000 light years on average so we're about halfway between the core and the rim.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Junghalli wrote:
chitoryu12 wrote:If my memories of astronomy class are correct, we're essentially the Outer Rim of our galaxy, correct?
We're about 26,000 light years from the core. The radius of the disk is roughly 50,000 light years on average so we're about halfway between the core and the rim.
Okay. The most I remember was a picture of the galaxy with our rough location given.