Thousands of Muslims move to protect Christians from attacks

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Todeswind
Jedi Knight

Re: Thousands of Muslims move to protect Christians from att

Post by Todeswind »

The big difference is that while the liberal muslim population would be angry about the death of the coptic christians the moderates and conservatives would probably turn a blind eye to it. By having muslims in equal danger it brings the issue home and makes the moderates more likely to mobilize politically than they would otherwise.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

someone_else wrote:This is probably going to be the most effective anti-terrorism measure ever (showing the terrorists with courage that most muslims don't want bomb attacks).

And an awesome display of unity.
Not had much experience with the extremist mindset have you? They are more than willing to kill people much closer to them theologically and culturally because they're not "true believers".
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
bobalot
Jedi Council Member

Post by bobalot »

Rye wrote:
someone_else wrote:This is probably going to be the most effective anti-terrorism measure ever (showing the terrorists with courage that most muslims don't want bomb attacks).

Not had much experience with the extremist mindset have you? They are more than willing to kill people much closer to them theologically and culturally because they're not "true believers".
Except there is a government that is itching to use any excuse to swing the public behind them and attack Radical Islamists (who just happen to be the main threat to its rule).

That's why two of the president's sons turned turned up to the event.
"This statement, in its utterly clueless hubristic stupidity, cannot be improved upon. I merely quote it in admiration of its perfection." - Garibaldi

"Problem is, while the Germans have had many mea culpas and quite painfully dealt with their history, the South is still hellbent on painting themselves as the real victims. It gives them a special place in the history of assholes" - Covenant

"Over three million died fighting for the emperor, but when the war was over he pretended it was not his responsibility. What kind of man does that?'' - Saburo Sakai

Join SDN on Discord
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, this brightened my morning. :D

BTW, the link is down, can anyone find a good link for this article?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

bobalot wrote:
Rye wrote:

Except there is a government that is itching to use any excuse to swing the public behind them and attack Radical Islamists (who just happen to be the main threat to its rule).

That's why two of the president's sons turned turned up to the event.
I have no idea why you say "except" there at all. It seems to have nothing to do with what I said.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Damned impressive; this kind of thing restores some of my faith in humanity. I'll remember this the next time someone tries calling Islam a "religion of terror".
Ceci n'est pas une signature.