Israel vs Palestine

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Hello evrybody,

Whats ur view on this?

I am pro-Israel generally speaking.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

They're both fucked up and out of line. As far as I'm concerned, we oughta just sink the whole Middle East and let them duke it out in boats.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Re: Israel vs Palestine

Post by ArmorPierce »

I have ths same opinion as Mike, go check his home page in rants, and check middle east
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

The higher-ups of both sides are utterly irrational, and no amount of reasonable intervention will work. Both sides are fanatically devoted to their respective religions, and as such, each believes that they have the right to do whatever the hell they want to the other.
The Great and Malignant
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

I used to be pro-Palestinian until I found this page....

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/myths/mftoc.html
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

It's the fucking politicians of both sides who take the blame.
They don't want peace.
Arafat permits his people to go on suicide runs, and doesn't do anything about it.
Sharon builds the second Berlin wall, also hardly a solution.
Supermod
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Arafat permits his people to go on suicide runs, and doesn't do anything about it.
Can't do anything about it is more like it. You know what happens to him if he tries to keep "his people" in line? They'd probably kill him, and blame it on the Israelis. Right now, he's just a figurehead, and I bet the nuttier of the Palestinian groups are just aching for him to become a martyr.
The Great and Malignant
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Yeah, the whole situation is badly fucked up.
The worst thing about it is that the hatred for each other is already taught the children by their parents, that way, perhaps there will be no peace for generations, perhaps there will never be.
Sad thing actually.
Supermod
A Big Flying Fish
Jedi Knight

Post by A Big Flying Fish »

I say just lcok them in a room with no food, no toilet and the backstreet boys playing in the background till they make a peace deal.
the way things are going it's the only way anythings going to get sorted out. Arafat just can't be arsed or can't do anything to stop terrorism and Sharon seems to have a 10 heads for 1 policy with the incursions into palestine
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I agree.
The things Sharon does to the Palestinians do not appear to be the actions of a man searching for peace.
The Palestinians, on the other side, don't seem to be interested in peace either.
Sad as it is, I'd say this is a no-way-out situation.
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

There is no way out of it ATM with the leaders in place

Either we
A. Let em kill each other till no one is left
B. #@$^@#^ Occpy them and MAKE em play nice
C. Use three 10 Megalton Nuclear Weapons at three diffrent (N, S, and E walls rescplty) and just turn the whole #^#^ area into glass(IE we kill them off and skip all the them kill each other part)
D. Get Jessy Venture in as Presdant and just let him do his work(:D I always though if there ever was a war and he was President we could not stop him from being on the first boat over and the first man to lead the charge )
E. Ignore it

Any opitions I missed?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I dislike both sides. I seriously think that they should make Jeruselam neutral territory like the Vatican, then drop a big old UN peacekeeping force in both nations. It would never be accepted by either side, but it would shut them up.
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

Post by Shadow WarChief »

Hey um....Gilly. Can I call you Gilly? It's been done. Read up on the U.N. Partition plan. How'd it turn out? 1948 War.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

No, you can't call me "Gilly" and I see.
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

United Nations "Peacekeeping" forces are generally incompetent to keep the peace.

Publius
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

What do excpect from Soliders?
They are trained to blow things up drive around in the mud with there Tanks and General break stuff
Not keep the peace
Make pieces not keep em

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
jock
Redshirt

Post by jock »

Simon H.Johansen wrote:I used to be pro-Palestinian until I found this page....

http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/myths/mftoc.html
So you were pro-Palestinian until you found a website ridiculously biased the other way, and because it's nice and polished you believed it? You wanted information read 'The Iron Wall' by Avi Schlaim, VERY enlightening
"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."
— George Orwell
EmperorSolo51
Jedi Knight

Iam am pro-Israel

Post by EmperorSolo51 »

I believe what the Israeli's are doing in Palestine is the correct response. Going in to Palestinian towns and cities arresting the Terrorists then occupying the town until the Arafat regiume either reforms or makes a real commitnent to fighting terror. Israel has a right to defend herself, just like How the Us defended it';s self agaisnt the Taliban and Al-Queda.
Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

jock wrote: So you were pro-Palestinian until you found a website ridiculously biased the other way, and because it's nice and polished you believed it? You wanted information read 'The Iron Wall' by Avi Schlaim, VERY enlightening
Wow Jock, You truly have defended your pro-palestinian position well with your AD-HOMINEM attack. Truly, all lamers can learn from you....
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

It's hard to feel sorry for the Palestinians when I see their children going on suicide missions against Israel and their citizens burning the flag of the one nation actually tring to help them.
jock
Redshirt

Post by jock »

Shadow WarChief wrote:

Wow Jock, You truly have defended your pro-palestinian position
Where did I say that I was pro-Palestinian, or try to defend that view? All I said was that the site he was referring to is Pro-Israeli. It seems strange that he would change his mind on the subject because of that ONE site, which he admits to doing.

And for your information when browsing the site for two minutes I found misleading information about Jordans level of involvment in the 1948 conflict. I'm sure if I tried I could find other such slanted or one-sided information. THAT is why I say it's slanted to the Israeli side.

I'm by no means saying that it's wrong to believe some of what it says, but to base ones opinion of the conflict on a Zionist website doesn't strike me as very clever.

And as for the book I mentioned it's useful for anyone who only relies on information from the internet which is notoriously difficult to verify. It's as far as can be expected unbiased.
well with your AD-HOMINEM attack.

Nice to see you can look at Mikes web page and use fancy phrases to say not very much:)

Are you saying it's not ridiculously pro-Israeli?
Truly, all lamers can learn from you....
Ah, a personal attack. How ironic...
Last edited by jock on 2002-07-08 05:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them."
— George Orwell
jock
Redshirt

Post by jock »

David wrote:It's hard to feel sorry for the Palestinians when I see their children going on suicide missions against Israel and their citizens burning the flag of the one nation actually tring to help them.
What nation is trying to help them? Britain? Germany?
— George Orwell
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

America,

Only one who ever tried fixing the mess they made over there

Shadow WarChief
Rabid Monkey

jock wrote:

Where did I say that I was pro-Palestinian, or try to defend that view? All I said was that the site he was referring to is Pro-Israeli.
Very well then. My mistaken assumption.

jock wrote:And for your information when browsing the site for two minutes I found misleading information about Jordans level of involvment in the 1948 conflict.
care to share this slanted info with the rest of us?

jock wrote:Are you saying it's not ridiculously pro-Israeli?
Is it pro-israeli? Yes. Is it RIGHT for being pro israeli? Absolutely

jock wrote:Ah, a presonal attack. How ironic...
I respond to idiocy with idiocy.
jock
Redshirt

Post by jock »

Mr Bean wrote:America,

Only one who ever tried fixing the mess they made over there
By christ I hope you're kidding...
— George Orwell