Gotham High

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Re: Gotham High

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Bane isn't exactly great with the ladies, though. From Secret Six #30:

"I wish to mate. Here are bargaining tokens they told me to purchase. Shall we begin negotiations?"

"Your hips seems as though they would bear an adequate weight ratio."
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

They could play Bane as this uber-jock who ironically has poor social skills.

And anything Bane says when written by Gail Simone is pure gold.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Panzersharkcat wrote:Bane isn't exactly great with the ladies, though. From Secret Six #30:

"I wish to mate. Here are bargaining tokens they told me to purchase. Shall we begin negotiations?"

"Your hips seems as though they would bear an adequate weight ratio."
Well, in Ancient Rome, women would pay good money to drink the semen of gladiators, no matter how unkempt or rude they were.

Still, he does not necessarily have to take no for an answer. Which is another reason for Batman to get involved.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

which from my point of view would make him the perfect proto-jock, just wait for Professor Crane's sexual harrassment and aversion therapy classes....

ok, thinking about a certain Anthony Burgess novel in this context is wrong, Right?

Besides lets remember the girls on campus, Kyle would kick his ass, Isley would use some sort of chemicals to neuter him, Talia would tell her dad, Gordon would run over his foot with her wheelchair and then ruin him via computer*, Helena would kick his ass worse than Kyle, Montoya would break what little eggs he's got, Gee whose date rape possible in Gotham High (besides St. Cloud & Quinn)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

How would you depict the Joker in this show?
Ryushikaze
Jedi Master

Post by Ryushikaze »

Yeah, Put me down for 'If done as a Self Aware parody, and even then, done right, would be absolute gold, but it would have to walk the narrowest of tightropes or fall forever into an abyss of absolutely horrific dreck we shall never ever speak of.'

Though something in my mind screams 'Make Harle the POV Char and everything explains itself.'