Fallout: What's beyond the United States?

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

aussiemuscle308
Padawan Learner

Re: Fallout: What's beyond the United States?

Post by aussiemuscle308 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:All reports from Austrialia went silent, It's generall believed everyone was eaten by mutated fauna. Rumors of Deathclaw eating mutated Koalas are probably just that RIGHT?
There's nothing in australia worth bombing
========================================
If you believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

aussiemuscle308 wrote: There's nothing in australia worth bombing

I take it you don't understand much how a global nuclear war would play out. No one is going to be willing to allow themselves to be utterly dominated by anyone post war.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

and the joke that Drop Bears would be real in Fallout verse is keeping in with the sense of humour of the series....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

For Fallout Australia about gangs of Kangaroo riding sapient FEV wombats brandishing laser rifles fighting Mad Max type road warriors as well as multi-racial Aborigenee type tribals going out on walking, hideously obease and durable mutant bogans living in small crude huts and being isolationist, Mutant Rabits that are the land dwelling equivelent of Piranahs, sheep-ape creatures that are semi sapient and can use clubs and say "Maaaaaate", Huge Toxic spiders, an empire of slavers which forces its criminals and slaves to build a long canal inland to create a new sea as part of a megaproject with everyone eating Damper, Meat Pie Floaters and Mutant sheep Gryos alongside copious amounts of beer and tins of Maramite are worth twice their weight in stubby caps.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

I... I would buy that game. Holy crap, that's awesome!
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Rossum
Padawan Learner

Post by Rossum »

Raul was from Mexico and from what he says it's likely that Mexico turned out about the same as the US did.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that bloatflies would be scary creatures to have flying around? They are big bugs that apparently fire feces or larvas or whatever at enough velocity to hurt people. I know they aren't a real threat to a decently armored person or tough animal but imagine a swarm of those things going after a flock of sheep or whatnot. A flying animal with decent ranged attack (thats possibly diseased) would be nasty against all the normally non-hostile animals.

I'm thinking those stupid bloatflies were a pre-war genetic experiment/weapon to scatter around areas devestated by the bombs. Then let the things fly around and kill all the harmless animals and unarmored civilians in the area. Aggressive or armored animals would be able to kill the bloatflies, which ensures that there would be alot of nasty animals in the post-war world. Let the bloatflies and other genetically modified monsters run around the world wrecking havok on everyone, then the better equipped people like the Enclave, Brotherhood of Steel, and to an extent rising factions like the NCR and Legion could provide the manpower to clear them out.

So alot of the monsters and rabid creatures running around could be a way to just screw over the survivors of an attack without sending in troops. Just spread hostile wildlife to an enemy area, let them breed and cause trouble for the next few decades after the bombs fall, and thus slow down any attempts to rebuild the world by anyone who isn't stocked up with armor and weaponry.
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry
RecklessPrudence
Padawan Learner
Location: Largest Island, Sol III - invasion not recommended, terrain and wildlife extremely hostile.

Post by RecklessPrudence »

Zor wrote:(A)n empire of slavers which forces its criminals and slaves to build a long canal inland to create a new sea as part of a megaproject with everyone eating Damper, Meat Pie Floaters and Mutant sheep Gryos alongside copious amounts of beer and tins of Maramite are worth twice their weight in stubby caps.
The Empire would like words with you about Marmite, Vegemite, and the differences thereof.

Also, the Wombats would need fucking anti-tank weapons to take down, and the areas that were rainforest are now carnivorous rainforest - but that's where the people living around them do rites of manhood, as there are valuable nutrients inside, plus you need to stop it expanding. And the snakes and crocodiles... just don't go near them, okay? I hear that the biggest crocodiles used to get to about six metres, max, and walk on all fours. Now we've got what museums call 'dinosaurs' - but they say they're extinct, and dumb. Guess museums can't get everything right, right?
Yes, I know my username is an oxyMORON, thankyou for pointing that out, you're very clever.

MEMBER: Evil Autistic Conspiracy. Working everyday to get as many kids immunized as possible to grow our numbers.

'I don't believe in gunship diplomacy, but a couple of battleships in low orbit over my enemy's capital can't but help negotiations.'
The Yosemite Bear

And Tassie is even eviler now right? (with the Tigers back and deadlier than ever)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
RecklessPrudence
Padawan Learner
Location: Largest Island, Sol III - invasion not recommended, terrain and wildlife extremely hostile.

Yeah, and now they're actually worthy of the name Tasmanian Tigers, instead of being tiger-patterned small marsupial wolves.

Although they - and we - are still scared of the Tasmanian Devils, who didn't get any bigger, just meaner (amazingly) and deadlier. The contagious nose cancer they were suffering from seems to have had something to do with some of their more... esoteric abilities.
Yes, I know my username is an oxyMORON, thankyou for pointing that out, you're very clever.

MEMBER: Evil Autistic Conspiracy. Working everyday to get as many kids immunized as possible to grow our numbers.

'I don't believe in gunship diplomacy, but a couple of battleships in low orbit over my enemy's capital can't but help negotiations.'
RecklessPrudence
Padawan Learner

Ghetto Edit: At least the Cane Toads were mostly wiped out - although the ones that are left are about the size of a small table (can't run over them with a car anymore), even more poisonous, and consider humans threats to be eliminated, rather than avoided.

Thank god they don't spawn as many or as often, eh?

Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

RecklessPrudence wrote:Ghetto Edit: At least the Cane Toads were mostly wiped out - although the ones that are left are about the size of a small table (can't run over them with a car anymore), even more poisonous, and consider humans threats to be eliminated, rather than avoided.

Thank god they don't spawn as many or as often, eh?
Yeah, but the old ones didn't explode when they got scared with the force of their own weight in C4.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
The Yosemite Bear

what about the ecosystem destroying rabbitd?

wonder what happened to the Kiwis (besides the aforementioned sheep mutants)

Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:what about the ecosystem destroying rabbitd?
Holy frag grenades. Lots of them.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:what about the ecosystem destroying rabbits?
Automatic Shotguns are very popular among the Men, ghouls and sapient wombats of the Post Apocalyptic Outback for this reason.
wonder what happened to the Kiwis (besides the aforementioned sheep mutants)
If you are talking about the birds on those island, they are now the size of a deer, can run as fast as a German shepard and use those long narrow beaks of theirs to inject digestive juices into you and then suck your dissolved guts out.

Zor
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Rabid
Jedi Knight

Post by Rabid »

Fallout Oz
"We're not in California anymore"

This idea : Someone HAS to make a New Vegas mod out of it !

Semi-random thought : I wonder how would a Fallout-like rainforest/Green Hell looks and feel like, gameplay wise ? Maybe something similar to Point Lookout ?
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Rabid wrote:Semi-random thought : I wonder how would a Fallout-like rainforest/Green Hell looks and feel like, gameplay wise ? Maybe something similar to Point Lookout ?
I don't know why, i had an Shroomesque idea about them looking exactly like they do now, because they are looked after by Ferngully Fairies that have developed an intense hatred for mankind that have a tendancy of turning people who wander into them into half tree nature golems that wander about the forest (and sometimes out of it) moaning in agony and gibbering about "The Winged ones!" and "The Lil' sheilas!".

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Rabid wrote:
Fallout Oz
"We're not in California anymore"

This idea : Someone HAS to make a New Vegas mod out of it !
YES. I would try except I'm so inept with computers I'll accidentally light mine on fire or something. Post that up on the Nexus forums. Maybe somebody will give it a shot. After all, somebody went through a lot of effort to make the Cube quest mod for Fallout 3 and there's a mod out there that lets you go to Anchorage.
The Yosemite Bear

I already have posted it to tne nexus forums

thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

Something has to have survived down south, one of the Khans has a jarringly obvious Kiwi accent.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
The Yosemite Bear

The Bear's Nexus link

just for fun, I thought besides the Moari most of the NZ population had become sheep mutants.