mon cal vs the federation

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

mon cal vs the federation

Post by Enforcer Talen »

through some warpspace anonomly, the system of mon cal appears on the borders of the federation with half a dozen cap ships. seeing the horrific way humanity is run (communism as opposed to republic) they declare war.

what happens.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

An MC80 is nearly the equal of an Imperator, which in turn has the multi Teraton ocean boiling planet melting broadside and matching shields we all know and enjoy.

One cruiser each precedes to the Federations six most heavily defended systems. Each then destroys the defenders and all installations. The subspace comm. system is left in place to allow for the news to reach the Federations government on Earth, who will also have been the devastation first hand.

The Federation is defeated within a day.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

makes you wonder why the entire empire is proposed against star trek. . .heh.

any other opinions?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

A single Mon Cal, if given a week to chart territory, can cause enough damage to the Federation in the space of three days to bring the Federation to its knees. It can't conquer it, of course - you'd need a thousand Mon Cal's packed to overflowing with occupation forces - but you could completely undermine its economic and political stability. A week after the Mon Cal's attack, the Federation is a crippled shadow of what it once was... vulnerable to an attack from any other AQ force.
The Great and Malignant
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Enforcer Talen wrote:makes you wonder why the entire empire is proposed against star trek. . .heh.

any other opinions?
Simply because the Empire has the cooler ships.
Supermod
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Re: mon cal vs the federation

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Enforcer Talen wrote:through some warpspace anonomly, the system of mon cal appears on the borders of the federation with half a dozen cap ships.
Besides the capships, am I correct in assuming that all the fighters, light starships, defensive platforms, ground based weaponary, etc are included with the system?
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

USAF Ace wrote:
Enforcer Talen wrote:through some warpspace anonomly, the system of mon cal appears on the borders of the federation with half a dozen cap ships.
Besides the capships, am I correct in assuming that all the fighters, light starships, defensive platforms, ground based weaponary, etc are included with the system?
Not that the Mon Cals will need them. With hyperdrive, the MC-80's can get back from the Beta or Gamma Quadrants in time to fight off a Feddie assault. Assuming, of course, the Feddies can breach the planetary shields. (I assume Mon Calamari has shields because it's an important world to the Alliance/NR. Plus, if they can build MC-80's, they can install a planetary shield)
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

I personally don't think the Rebels would be appalled by the Federation's government. I just don't see how the Rebel Alliance, that deals with all different diverse planets with varying governments, would care about how the Federation is run. They would tell about the evils of the Empire and try to get the Federation's help. There is no reason for the Rebels and the Feds to fight. The Feds would immediately warm up to the Rebels and the Rebels would try to get their help and add them to the Alliance.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Not to mention the Feds would practically throw themselves into the SW galaxy just to explore all of the new civilizations and cultures.

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

We know that, CommandoJoe. The likelihood of any of these "battles" actually happening is so nonexistent it's pathetic. But if we actually care about such details as "They wouldn't REALLY fight", we'd get REALLY bored REALLY quick.

Besides, just assume that Q makes them fight.
The Great and Malignant
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

[Devil's Advocate]Tynna, the Chiss, and a few other planets/races are communist [/DA]
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

But if they "really" met, then the ambassadors would actually have to try their hardest to screw up good relations between the Federation and the Alliance. lol But I agree the Rebellion would wipe the floor with the Feds.

Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Enforcer Talen wrote:through some warpspace anonomly, the system of mon cal appears on the borders of the federation with half a dozen cap ships. seeing the horrific way humanity is run (communism as opposed to republic) they declare war.

what happens.
What support ships light mon cals, nebulon B's, Correlian Corvette, are present
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

what would be typical for mon cal?
This day is Fantastic!
DOOMer WoW
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Darth Yoshi wrote:
USAF Ace wrote:
Not that the Mon Cals will need them. With hyperdrive, the MC-80's can get back from the Beta or Gamma Quadrants in time to fight off a Feddie assault. Assuming, of course, the Feddies can breach the planetary shields. (I assume Mon Calamari has shields because it's an important world to the Alliance/NR. Plus, if they can build MC-80's, they can install a planetary shield)
First off, that's a neat little avatar. Makes me think there's a breeze on the msg boards. However, you will be greatly sadened by this news. Mon Calamari according to the EU God himself, KJA in Dark Apprentice did not have planetary shields. hell they only had a squadron of B-Wings to defend the planet. Two ISDs rained light fire onto the planet and sank a floating city and crippled a few others. The third lied in wait around the moon to attack the shipyards. It does say one thing though. With 3 ISDs and thier TIE Fighters plus the ones from the Hydra they acquired they were still afraid of 12 B-Wings. Heh. 12 B-Wings versuse the AQ eh? Run in fear boys, it's hunting season...

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote:
Darth Yoshi wrote:
USAF Ace wrote: Besides the capships, am I correct in assuming that all the fighters, light starships, defensive platforms, ground based weaponary, etc are included with the system?
First off, that's a neat little avatar. Makes me think there's a breeze on the msg boards. However, you will be greatly sadened by this news. Mon Calamari according to the EU God himself, KJA in Dark Apprentice did not have planetary shields. hell they only had a squadron of B-Wings to defend the planet. Two ISDs rained light fire onto the planet and sank a floating city and crippled a few others. The third lied in wait around the moon to attack the shipyards. It does say one thing though. With 3 ISDs and thier TIE Fighters plus the ones from the Hydra they acquired they were still afraid of 12 B-Wings. Heh. 12 B-Wings versuse the AQ eh? Run in fear boys, it's hunting season...
It was light on defenses because it just got creamed by the World Devestators a few months earlier.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

DG_Cal_Wright wrote: First off, that's a neat little avatar. Makes me think there's a breeze on the msg boards. However, you will be greatly sadened by this news. Mon Calamari according to the EU God himself, KJA in Dark Apprentice did not have planetary shields. hell they only had a squadron of B-Wings to defend the planet. Two ISDs rained light fire onto the planet and sank a floating city and crippled a few others. The third lied in wait around the moon to attack the shipyards. It does say one thing though. With 3 ISDs and thier TIE Fighters plus the ones from the Hydra they acquired they were still afraid of 12 B-Wings. Heh. 12 B-Wings versuse the AQ eh? Run in fear boys, it's hunting season...
KJA... The god of the EU.....

BURN THE HERETIC!
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

LoL! Closet Trekkies. I know it had been attacked by the World Devestators, but Almight KJA still insults all intelligence with and onslaught of stupidity by describing those defenses. IF Mon Calamarians are the 'soul' of the Rebellion as Leia put it, and thier ships pretty much helped them win the fucking war, then would more than just a squadron of B-Wings be good? Personally, I think 4 ISDs for Daala was shabby. A fleet with support vessels would be closer. Plus Mon Cal should have had a number of MC's in it's defense. That's personally how I feel about it. Also, to get this back on topic before it is moved. While the MC's are about pilliging the masses, the twelve B-Wings would pound the crap out of any GCS or standard Trekkie ship that comes thier way.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Keeping the 12 B-wings is overkill. You can probably send a flight away to assist the MC-80's without endangering Mon Calamari. Especially with the hyperdrive speed factor.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Secularism—since AD 80
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Too risky. If we are using the crap that is KJA God and Lord of that which is Expanded Universe Star Wars and savior to all Trekkie debaters, then there is no planetary sheild, and no planetary laser/ion cannons about. Even at the speed of hyperdrive, if the Mon Cals are in an engagement, then they simply cannot just break off and run home. Twelve B-Wings, six fly cover in orbit, six fly cover for the planet's surface.

The Dark Guard Fleet

Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Yes, but doesn't it take weeks to get from Earth to the edge of Feddie space at warp speeds?
Secularism—since AD 80