World of Tanks

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Tanks Beta

Post by wautd »

Too bad I've played the beta so much I got sick of the game before it came out. And since most players appear on the US-server anyway I'll probably won't be playing any time soon.
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

My friend did it! I (hope) he's passed out now, but he won the race for the GW Tiger.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

The friend in RL I mentioned has finally gotten WoT! Can he join the SDN clan? he's going for Russian light and arty.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Jesus, it's fucking stupid that you can't just change the server group you're on. I had to redownload the client.

Anyway, I am on the American server group as PeZookUS now. Amusingly, buying gold in dollars is 15% cheaper than in my native currency :D

I decided to try the German heavy tree this time, after attempting to grind up the Russian mediums I was more than a bit disappointed. Strangely, the loltraktor turned out to be a nice ride compared to the MS-1, even with the stock gun I managed to get two kills and BAM 680 exp in the first battle :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

PeZook wrote:Anyway, I am on the American server group as PeZookUS now. Amusingly, buying gold in dollars is 15% cheaper than in my native currency :D

I decided to try the German heavy tree this time, after attempting to grind up the Russian mediums I was more than a bit disappointed. Strangely, the loltraktor turned out to be a nice ride compared to the MS-1, even with the stock gun I managed to get two kills and BAM 680 exp in the first battle :P
If you've got the gold to spare for it I'd recommend getting the T-14 heavy tank off the American premium tank list. Pretty solid credits and XP grinder. Usually get any where from 500xp a match up to 1500xp a match, and anywhere from 10k to 25k credits after repairs and reloading ammo. Fun little tank.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I bought some 3000 gold, figured I could spare 15 bucks for some amusement, even if I get bored in a few weeks that's about two movie tickets and I get to run with the People's Republic of Fuckyeah :D

I'll try the T-14 and save the rest of the gold for other shit like premium shells and the like.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

PeZook wrote:I'll try the T-14 and save the rest of the gold for other shit like premium shells and the like.
I wouldn't waste my gold on premium shells. Unless you're planning on spending an assload of money buying WoT gold premium shells aren't worth it, and if you miss you just pissed away gold.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Huh, true. I checked the prices just now...not really worth it. I guess I'll keep the gold for exp conversion and premium play later on when it will help the grind.

Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

The T-14 is a good, solid brawler. When I used it in beta, it never disappointed. I'm sticking with my Beta-gift M4 and my T46 for a while, myself. I've also got my tricked out MS-1 when I feel like plinking T1's and loltraktors with a 45mm. :D

Depending on whether or not I buy New Vegas, as I have to justify spending money to myself for some reason, I might drop ten or fifteen bucks on some gold.

I hate that I blew up an M7 earlier today :( I miss my little rocket-propelled cannon on treads.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Slacker
Jedi Knight

Post by Slacker »

Mr. Coffee wrote:
PeZook wrote:I'll try the T-14 and save the rest of the gold for other shit like premium shells and the like.
I wouldn't waste my gold on premium shells. Unless you're planning on spending an assload of money buying WoT gold premium shells aren't worth it, and if you miss you just pissed away gold.

I bought a handful of gold shells for my Sherman derp cannon just in case I needed to ever one-shot a KV. It was worth the ~.75 cents.
"I'm sorry, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that your inability to use the brain evolution granted you is any of my fucking concern."
"You. Stupid. Shit." Victor desperately wished he knew enough Japanese to curse properly. "Davions take alot of killing." -Grave Covenant
Founder of the Cult of Weber
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Hokay, I've got the gold to lay out for a clan, but so far I'm not seeing activity on the North American servers to justify paying $18 to make happen. If you want an SDN clan I'll make one, but I'm not spending my gold on maybes. Show me enouyugh people to justify that gold and I'll make it. Till then...
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

I'm active during late night but I just recently got a T2 medium tank. So meh?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

I;'ve got a Plt up right now. Get in the SDN chat.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Hokay, I've got the gold to lay out for a clan, but so far I'm not seeing activity on the North American servers to justify paying $18 to make happen. If you want an SDN clan I'll make one, but I'm not spending my gold on maybes. Show me enouyugh people to justify that gold and I'll make it. Till then...
Well, can't people just chip in?

We need about 20ish people to make the clan viable, anyway (since battles take 15, but not everyne isgonna be on all the time), so that's slightly below a buck per person. Is there a way to transfer gold betwen players?

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Not until the devs get around to implementing a system for giving gold/credits to other players, PeZook. Till they do that creating a clan is pretty much a "whoever has the gold laying around should do it" type thing.,
Tritio
Padawan Learner

Post by Tritio »

I've just started playing the game a week ago and it rocks! Now working my way up the USSR Medium Tank tree, currently at A-20 and looking forward to the legendary T-34.

I'd be glad to join any SDNet clan.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Not until the devs get around to implementing a system for giving gold/credits to other players, PeZook. Till they do that creating a clan is pretty much a "whoever has the gold laying around should do it" type thing.,
Or you could set up a paypal account or something where people would donate the measly 1 dollar to form a clan :D

You may be an asshole, but I don't think you're gonna spend it all on beer and hookers, no? :P

Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

If he can find an $18 dollar hooker then he can keep the money, the stories we'll hear and the horrid diseases that he gets will be punishment enough. :P
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

I'm not active at the moment, but in a week or two I should be able to be on regularly along with an RL friend of mine. We'd both be interested in signing up for the Evil Empire of SDN or the PRFY or whatever we're calling it.
Scottish Ninja
Jedi Knight

Post by Scottish Ninja »

I've been thinking a little bit about unit names.

So far I've got: People's Republic of Fuck Yeah (still stuck on the name for the Army - Panty Liberation Army just popped into my head, but I don't know if that's quite right) Army Group AWESOME (alternates: Army Group Chewy Center)

First Armored Division - "The Iron Fisters"

Or to steal an idea from Air Force Blues - the 816 Armored Scout Squadron

doom, there is an overriding reason why it has to be the PRFY.
"If the flight succeeds, you swipe an absurd amount of prestige for a single mission. Heroes of the Zenobian Onion will literally rain upon you." - PeZook
"If the capsule explodes, heroes of the Zenobian Onion will still rain upon us. Literally!" - Shroom
Cosmonaut Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov (deceased, rain), Cosmonaut Petr Petrovich Petrov, Unnamed MASA Engineer, and Unnamed Zenobian Engineerski in Let's play: BARIS
Captain, MFS Robber Baron, PRFYNAFBTFC - "Absolute Corruption Powers Absolutely"
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

I think this is an admirable time and cause to start the Panty Liberation Army as the glorious land-based component of the glorious People's Republic of Fuck Yeah. We should do a similar allotment of units and the like. I'll try and figure out a proper name for a unit as well.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

Started playing again after a long absence. I am currently grinding through the German medium line aiming for heavies. I think in terms of other tanks I'll just get a Marder II and pimp it out rather than go through Hetzer drudgery.
doom3607
Jedi Knight

Post by doom3607 »

I concede the point. Long live the People's Republic of Fuck Yeah!
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

I love the low tier TD's and their crazy kill cannons they can equip.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

I've dumped the Soviet tree for American Iron. I've got a bunch of XP on my Red tanks, but I'll snag some gold to harvest it. Already have a speeding deathwagon M2 Light, and I'm working my my M3 Stuart. Going straight down the light tank tree (Ugh, M5) so as to again embrace the awesome that is the M7 Medium.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.