Proving BaldStar Wrong

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

Darkstar subspaced:

Ah, I see what you're trying to do, now . . . that's why you lied. You had to make up some lies and bullshit about the clear scene of warp flight without warp stars in order to make it appear "disputed", and thus hope to weaken my position.

Tactically entertaining, Wayne, but very dishonest of you.
:lol: DS may I just say ROTFLMGDMFAO. I know you won't get why its funny but I bet everyone else will. :lol:
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Setesh wrote:Darkstar subspaced:
Ah, I see what you're trying to do, now . . . that's why you lied. You had to make up some lies and bullshit about the clear scene of warp flight without warp stars in order to make it appear "disputed", and thus hope to weaken my position.

Tactically entertaining, Wayne, but very dishonest of you.
:lol: DS may I just say ROTFLMGDMFAO. I know you won't get why its funny but I bet everyone else will. :lol:
As usual!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

So, DumbShit, if the E-D is making that hairpin turn at warp, and the camera is at a stationary point, then why doesn't the saucer section fly away more rapidly from the engineering section than it seems to?

The saucer's observed speed seems to match that of a regular vessel traveling under impulse. If it was truely still traveling at warp, then it should have been darting away, barely seen.

just a little $0.02.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Hmm... Shall I accept this silence as an admition of defeat, DarkStar?

I think I will.

Concession Accepted, DumbShit.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

I usually do, though he'll probly start anouther thread on this topic elsewhere arguing the exact same point.
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

What's wrong, DarkStar? Did your ass run out of garbage for you to pull out?

-CONCESSION ACCEPTED-

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

Spanky The Dolphin: I dont know if I should say "Be careful what you wish for" or maybe "Speak the devils name and he shall appear" or possibly "be careful in your stumbling you do not wake the dragon".

You shuold know his mo by now he runs silent for a few hours then arrives and unleashes his assault so finally "they will come... and soon".

Hmm 2 B5 references not bad.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

In this case, a few hours has been more than 30.

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

TheDarkling wrote: Spanky The Dolphin: I dont know if I should say "Be careful what you wish for" or maybe "Speak the devils name and he shall appear"
Is that what happened with TOWNMNBS.

If I were him, I wouldn't be back for a while. Did you read the beating I gave him on the other thread?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

DARKSTAR ANSWER MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enterprise cruising at warp=warp stars
Enterprise seperates=no warp stars
Enterprise starts again=warp stars

I want a reply, not your pathetic "it's been answered" or your lies about evidence posted MULTIPLE times.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

During the sep there are warp stars its during the turn that the warp stars arent present, Im not being picky but it would take another 5 pages of pointless word play to put it right if I dont put it right now.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

TheDarkling wrote:
During the sep there are warp stars its during the turn that the warp stars arent present, Im not being picky but it would take another 5 pages of pointless word play to put it right if I dont put it right now.

Fine, when the E-D turns=no warp stars
Bender and God, Futurama
DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:The saucer's observed speed seems to match that of a regular vessel traveling under impulse. If it was truely still traveling at warp, then it should have been darting away, barely seen.
That is contrary to the canon representation of warp speeds. Does it make scientific sense? No, but that is the canon fact, and it's no worse than FTL travel to begin with.
DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Hmm... Shall I accept this silence as an admition of defeat, DarkStar?
Oooh, now there is an honorable debate tactic. Take part in the thread which you know is taking up all of DarkStar's time (because he said so, repeatedly), and declare victory in other threads that he can't attend to.
DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:DARKSTAR ANSWER MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a reply, not your pathetic "it's been answered" or your lies about evidence posted MULTIPLE times.
It has been answered, fool.

Your argument is:

warp stars = warp
no warp stars = no warp

That argument is a logical fallacy, and is disproven by counterexamples.
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

DarkStar wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:The saucer's observed speed seems to match that of a regular vessel traveling under impulse. If it was truely still traveling at warp, then it should have been darting away, barely seen.
That is contrary to the canon representation of warp speeds. Does it make scientific sense? No, but that is the canon fact, and it's no worse than FTL travel to begin with.
Did you all get that? Darkstars response is [translated from Dumbese]'It would prove me wrong so I ignore is by sayning that despite the fact this visual would be possible and make sense if neither object is at warp, they must still be at warp despite the fact the saucer should be long gone, a fact supported by vessels going at high warp vastly out running vessels going slower. It must be 'canon' that warp visuals will look like this because I can't be possibly be wrong so reality must alter to fit my theory not the other way around' [end translation]

My Snow's art portfolio.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

DarkStar wrote:
Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:DARKSTAR ANSWER MY POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been answered, fool.

Your argument is:

warp stars = warp
no warp stars = no warp

That argument is a logical fallacy, and is disproven by counterexamples.

THAT IS NOT MY ARGUMENT!

I accept there can be warp without warp stars. However

If there's warp stars right before the ship parts turn, no warp stars when it turns, and warp stars when they're done turning WTF DO YOU THINK THAT MEANS?!
Bender and God, Futurama
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

DarkStar wrote:
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! WRONG ANSWER!!

You cannot ignore it. It is there. It happens. Deal with it. You lose.

But thanks for playing this round of Let's See How Far DarkStar Will Go To Defend His Crackpot Pet Theories. You may now go to Hell.

The fact that the Saucer does not appear to be traveling at warp speed is, in my opinion, pretty good evidence that the Engineering section is not traveling at warp.

I'll make sure to slam the door on your ass on your way out.

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

GAT :( digging up this thread, why?

It wont do any good.
Unless you are willing to accept 2 Minutes of lost time during which the Primary Hull sticks very close to the Secondary before turning (there seems to be no reason for this) and they match speeds as they slow down (no exactly a great way to buy time for the Saucer to escape) then it comes down to opinion of Visual Vs Dialogue and logic.
If you accept warp without warp stars then every indication is that a warp turn occurs.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

TheDarkling wrote:GAT :( digging up this thread, why?

It's not that old
Bender and God, Futurama
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Didn't somebody mention that the opening credits of TNG are one of the only depictions of a ship traveling at warp from a stationary point of view? You know, when the E-D whooshes by the camera really fast between the title cards?

That is what the creators intended as what warp looks like from a stationary point, not DarkStar's interpretation that they were going at warp in that shot.

DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote: I accept there can be warp without warp stars.
Wow. Okay, so what's the problem?
However

If there's warp stars right before the ship parts turn, no warp stars when it turns, and warp stars when they're done turning WTF DO YOU THINK THAT MEANS?!
Well, wait . . . when do you think there can be warp without warp stars? Stationary observation points? If so, then I think that means we should be in agreement.
Spanky The Dolphin wrote: The fact that the Saucer does not appear to be traveling at warp speed is, in my opinion, pretty good evidence that the Engineering section is not traveling at warp.
Again, you subscribe to Poe's logical fallacy, erroneous both on those grounds and on the counterexamples repeatedly provided:

Warp Stars = Warp
No Warp Stars = No Warp
Didn't somebody mention that the opening credits of TNG are one of the only depictions of a ship traveling at warp from a stationary point of view? You know, when the E-D whooshes by the camera really fast between the title cards?
Actually, I haven't even brought that up, given that the last time I used opening credits as a part of an argument (whether starships can go to warp within a system . . . see the last few seconds of Voyager's credits), I ended up in a thicket, with Warsies saying that nothing can be argued based on credits. I hoped to avoid similar Warsie shenanigans this time around.
seanrobertson
Jedi Council Member

Post by seanrobertson »

In response to Spanky:

The chick who portrayed Cammy in that horrible Street Fighter movie
was such a babe.

What ever happened to Street Fighter, anyway? Those Alpha games
were bitchin'.

Insofar as this thread is concerned, one obscure Tommy Paris
quote vs. visuals = invalidated or contextually sensitive Tommy Paris'
quote make. Why is it so hard to accept that a starship can maneuver
at warp speeds? "Maneuver" has itself yet to be defined for the purposes
of this thread, anyhow.
Pain, or damage, don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, ya got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man ... and give some back.
-Al Swearengen

Cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay: The worst is death, and death will have his day.
-Ole' Shakey's "Richard II," Act III, scene ii.
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

seanrobertson wrote:In response to Spanky:

The chick who portrayed Cammy in that horrible Street Fighter movie
was such a babe.
Indeed. It was Kylie Minogue, who, if the aussies had the sense of renouncing the british crown, would make a lovely Queen Kylie I of Australia.
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas