Star Wars Universe vs. Halo Universe

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Formless
Sith Marauder

Re: Star Wars Universe vs. Halo Universe

Post by Formless »

Also, that blast is no longer canon as of Halo: Reach.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
ChosenOne54
Padawan Learner

Post by ChosenOne54 »

barnest2 wrote:So it's essentially a gigantic neutron bomb? (as far as my physics teacher explained neutron bombs)
Basically. I'm not an expert on Halo lore or calcs though, so I can't really explain much further than that. :wink:

I apologize, I can't stay and keep up this delightful argument, I'll be gone for maybe half an hour.

Thank you... :mrgreen:
Last edited by ChosenOne54 on 2011-07-21 05:32pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

ThePerson5 wrote:
Formless wrote:You can fucking eyeball that cutscene and tell that it was a nuclear level blast by scale! Hell, looking at it it took out an entire section, which is overkill for the purpose of destabilizing a Halo's structural integrity. You are just plain dumb, mang. That or trolling like a bitch.
Yes, and I hope you know that the diameter of a Halo is 10,000km. So, it's hardly just a 'nuclear level blast.'
You clearly have no idea how powerful real nuclear weapons truly are.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Formless wrote:Also, that blast is no longer canon as of Halo: Reach.
So, remind me, when do we see a Halo being destroyed in Halo: Reach?
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

ThePerson5 wrote:
Formless wrote:Also, that blast is no longer canon as of Halo: Reach.
So, remind me, when do we see a Halo being destroyed in Halo: Reach?
Doesn't matter. The overall firepower levels demonstrated in Reach are pathetic. ergo, if that is the basis for how much power human ships have, then Halo's too are that much weaker.
ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Formless wrote:Doesn't matter. The overall firepower levels demonstrated in Reach are pathetic. ergo, if that is the basis for how much power human ships have, then Halo's too are that much weaker.
That Halo wasn't destroyed through UNSC ship firepower, it was by 'sploding the entire fucking ship. Which we do not see in Reach at all.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Lets have fun with this wanker's mentality. You liek comic buuk tactycs? Leet me show you comic buuk tactycs.

Palpatine can personally create Force Storms which raep time-space, can precision teleport individuals off planets lightyears away, and singlehandedly defeat whole fleets. He uses this plus a whole FLEET of NINJA DETH STARS with VONG ZOMBIE BIOWEAPONS to take the attack to the Founders whose fleets are caught off guard because they have done no intelligence gathering because they are idiots who can't even manage an outbreak o the plague to utterly destroy their AI complex, making them even stupider, then blow up all their HALOIDS and their planets and their Flood. :lol:

Are you ready to start debating like a vertebrate yet?
ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Is that your round-about way of saying you have no response?

I think it is, given your complete lack of a response. :lol:
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

ThePerson5 wrote:Is that your round-about way of saying you have no response?

You missed the point fuck wit
By looking at the power of a races weapons, we get a very general idea of it's power generation capabilities. Case in point, we can make nuclear weapons, we have fission reactors. You see?

In reach, we see that the halo races have shitty weapons. That gives us the general idea that they have shitty power generation capabilities, not much above ours.

The shittiness of their power generation capabilities severely limits the amount of damage one of their ships can do my exploding. QED weak explosion=weak Halo ring.

Or is that too complicated for you?
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

StarGazer, an experiment in RPG creation
ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Yeah, so, do you have numbers to back that up? I mean, the explosion. Because it looks to be at least a few hundred kilometres across.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

ThePerson5 wrote:Is that your round-about way of saying you have no response?

Spoiler
Actually, there was a point in all that despite the Shroomisms. Don't assume the Empire will just sit on their collective asses while the Founders go around shooting their penis compensating star explodering weapons at Imperial systems. This is total war. In total war, you make the enemy play on your terms, not the other way around. Now, can you show me evidence that the Founder's planets have the necessary shielding to fend off BDZ and bioweapon attacks? Can you demonstrate that the Founders can defeat a Death Star? Can they immobilize or even detect Imperial fleets in hyperspace and prevent them from striking Founder worlds at any time, at their leisure? if they cannot, then at best you are looking at mutual destruction of the Founders and the Empire.
That's called mockary, bitch. Which at this rate is all you're good for. 8)
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

ThePerson5 wrote:Yeah, so, do you have numbers to back that up? I mean, the explosion. Because it looks to be at least a few hundred kilometres across.
How wide is a halo ring? Does anyone know? Because then I'll be able to give you a good guess at how big the explosion was in terms of mega-tonnage.
(I am ignoring the canon/non-canon thing)
"Seriously though, every time I see something like this I think 'Ooo, I'm living in the future'. Unfortunately it increasingly looks like it's going to be a cyberpunkish dystopia, where the poor eat recycled shit and the rich eat the poor." Evilsoup, on the future

ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Forerunners can hide in slipspace at their leisure much like the Empire can in hyperspace. In fact, they can rather easily move entire planets in there, as I've mentioned about a bazillion times.

Now you prove that the Empire can hold off fleets numbering at least in the 10,000s, which can destroy entire Halos after a few seconds of continuous fire, while blowing up suns, while lifting chunks of the planet's crust and using them as fly-swatters.
ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

barnest2 wrote:How wide is a halo ring? Does anyone know? Because then I'll be able to give you a good guess at how big the explosion was in terms of mega-tonnage.
(I am ignoring the canon/non-canon thing)
You could probably estimate it by comparing the width to the diameter of the ring, the ring having a diameter of 10,000 km.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

ThePerson5 wrote:Forerunners can hide in slipspace at their leisure much like the Empire can in hyperspace. In fact, they can rather easily move entire planets in there, as I've mentioned about a bazillion times.
So can Centerpoint station, dumbass. And the Death Star could move planetary mass, granted by a certain definition of "move". :lol:
Now you prove that the Empire can hold off fleets numbering at least in the 10,000s, which can destroy entire Halos after a few seconds of continuous fire, while blowing up suns, while lifting chunks of the planet's crust and using them as fly-swatters.
Don't need to. You need to prove the Forerunners have those kinds of assets. Or that they aren't just concentrating their fleets, thus leaving their home planets undefended for an imperial counter attack.

Also, watch ROTS, fucktard. :roll:
ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Formless wrote:[So can Centerpoint station, dumbass. And the Death Star could move planetary mass, granted by a certain definition of "move". :lol:
Yes, again, one station, whereas the Forerunners regularly shuffle planets and Halos and send them through slipspace. Watch Halo: Origins if you want to know more.
Don't need to. You need to prove the Forerunners have those kinds of assets. Or that they aren't jut concentrating their fleets, thus leaving their home planets undefended for an imperial counter attack.
It's all in my previous quotes and arguments, are you seriously going to make me repeat myself again? :roll:
What's your point?
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

Do it for me bitch. You're the one making claims.

Anyway, I found one estimate on the net that put the width at 29km's.
Using a nuclear sim calculator, I get a blast of about 200 megatons. That's not that big. It's twice Tsar Bomba, and that's a bomb from the early '60's

(This calc is very basic, and lots of people will do better than me. But I'm not much of a physicist so whatever.)

Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Firepower levels in Reach indicate 'low power' for UNSC ships now? Forgive me for butting in, but we aren't forgetting they also have FTL capability, right? That does by itself indicate some very hefty generation...
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

ThePerson5 wrote:
Formless wrote:[So can Centerpoint station, dumbass. And the Death Star could move planetary mass, granted by a certain definition of "move". :lol:
Yes, again, one station, whereas the Forerunners regularly shuffle planets and Halos and send them through slipspace. Watch Halo: Origins if you want to know more.
Don't give a shit. You still assume the Empire is going to stick their collective thumbs up their asses while all this bullshit is happening.
Don't need to. You need to prove the Forerunners have those kinds of assets. Or that they aren't jut concentrating their fleets, thus leaving their home planets undefended for an imperial counter attack.
It's all in my previous quotes and arguments, are you seriously going to make me repeat myself again? :roll:
Merely showing a bunch of quotes AND NO FUCKING ANALYSIS OF THEM isn't evidence, its data.
What's your point?
First. Five. Minutes. Of. The Fucking. Film. Imbecile.
ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Thank you Srelex, at least somebody is being sensible.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Srelex wrote:Firepower levels in Reach indicate 'low power' for UNSC ships now? Forgive me for butting in, but we aren't forgetting they also have FTL capability, right? That does by itself indicate some very hefty generation...
All FTL is explicitly a cheat so you don't have to throw shittons of energy at interstellar travel. So that proves all of jack shit about their energy generation abilities. :roll:
HMS Sophia
Jedi Master

Post by HMS Sophia »

ThePerson5 wrote:Thank you Srelex, at least somebody is being sensible.
Fuck-off, do you want to answer my point now?

ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Link to the website?
Formless wrote:Don't give a shit. You still assume the Empire is going to stick their collective thumbs up their asses while all this bullshit is happening.
Yes, so prove that the Empire would even be able to put up effective resistance.
Merely showing a bunch of quotes AND NO FUCKING ANALYSIS OF THEM isn't evidence, its data.
Which you haven't bother to even glance at, much less refute. They are pretty self-explanatory anyway.
First. Five. Minutes. Of. The Fucking. Film. Imbecile.
Yes. Big space battle. Can you prove that there were tens of thousands of ships?
ChosenOne54
Padawan Learner

Post by ChosenOne54 »

ThePerson5 wrote:Yes. Big space battle. Can you prove that there were tens of thousands of ships?
Hey, well why don't you, you know, take a look at this picture and see for yourself?

ThePerson5
Youngling

Post by ThePerson5 »

Doesn't look like tens of thousands to me.