Assassin's Creed 3 Setting

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Assassin's Creed 3 setting?

Ancient Rome
7%
Japan
4%
China
7%
Enlightenment (French Revolution? American Revolution?)
57%
Civil War
11%
Modern
7%
Other
7%

Total votes: 28

Luke Skywalker
Padawan Learner

Re: Assassin's Creed 3 Setting

Post by Luke Skywalker »

Slightly OT, but guys, the Animus only follows your ancestors memories until he/she conceives the next person in your lineage, right? We see this in Assassin's Creed 2's flashback, and it makes sense from a logical standpoint. Yet in Revelations, Ezio's pretty darn old and we still supposedly follow him in the animus. What's up with that?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liberals opposed slavery, supported labor protection laws, supported civil rights, supported Womens' right, opposed the spoils system, supported Scientific advancement and research and support gay marriage. Conservatives did the opposite. Guess which side has the intellectual, forward thinking progressives, and which side has rich fundamentalist anti-gay white slave owners?
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Perhaps Ezio hasn't yet conceived the next ancestor, and will in Revelations? And I'm thinking Enlightenment, as its buildings were still suited to climbing.
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

I'm guessing that Embers will be "not in the Animus":Spoiler
It's an animated short movie included with GameStop-preordered ACR depicting a seemingly even older Ezio as having settled down with a spouse and children, so unless Ubisoft Montreal pulls some storyline handwave to explain otherwise, it will be set after Revelations.
Considering that Altaïr's later years are only shown indirectly -- through the Codex (AC2), through Ezio's own experiences with the Seals (ACR) and through Niccolò Polo's journal (acting as the AC1 novelization/continuation/tie-into-Revelations called The Secret Crusade) -- the above would be the most logically consistent answer. I've had a pet idea (I'm not calling it a "theory" on SDN) that Ezio may have already fathered children, just not yet the one whose bloodline would lead to Desmond Miles.

The exact scope of Revelations story isn't known, except that part of it takes place in 1511, making him 51-52. Brotherhood suggested that he had also returned to the Sanctuary (in the form of one of Desmond's hallucinations/visions), but he looked to still in his mid-40s (he was 47 by the Siege of Viana, set in March 1507).
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Ryushikaze
Jedi Master

Post by Ryushikaze »

Darth Yan wrote:Revelations is going to take place in Istanbul, so I was wondering if they would do China? I personally want them to cover the War of Spanish Succession, the Reign of Louis XIV. He would have made a believable Templar

On a side note, I want a female protagonist for once. It's been to much of a dude's only as protagonist.
The problem is, as I understand it, that we're tracing back through Desmond's paternal genetic legacy, and that's why his memory sequence of Altair can only go as far as when the next generation was conceived.
This naturally makes no sense, but that's the story and they seem to be sticking to it.
Luke Skywalker
Padawan Learner

Post by Luke Skywalker »

Ryushikaze wrote: The problem is, as I understand it, that we're tracing back through Desmond's paternal genetic legacy, and that's why his memory sequence of Altair can only go as far as when the next generation was conceived.
This naturally makes no sense, but that's the story and they seem to be sticking to it.
??? That makes plenty of sense. In AC your genetic memory is stored in your DNA. How could you track the happenings of your ancestor after they already passed down their genes?
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liberals opposed slavery, supported labor protection laws, supported civil rights, supported Womens' right, opposed the spoils system, supported Scientific advancement and research and support gay marriage. Conservatives did the opposite. Guess which side has the intellectual, forward thinking progressives, and which side has rich fundamentalist anti-gay white slave owners?
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

As far as the franchise's internal logic is concerned, you can only follow a subject until they've conceived your next direct ancestor.. So while Ezio has been waiting his sweet time to get it on, it'll be interesting to see how/if they work it into the game. When AC2 was out I was expecting AC3 to reveal that the female thief was the one he hooked up with, but I suppose ACB's Christina memories gave good enough character motivation for not wanting another relationship for a while.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Post by Gaidin »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:As far as the franchise's internal logic is concerned, you can only follow a subject until they've conceived your next direct ancestor.. So while Ezio has been waiting his sweet time to get it on, it'll be interesting to see how/if they work it into the game. When AC2 was out I was expecting AC3 to reveal that the female thief was the one he hooked up with, but I suppose ACB's Christina memories gave good enough character motivation for not wanting another relationship for a while.
Well, they still technically have all the time they want. Especially if the person whose genetic memory they're observing is the ancestor of someone's fifth child. They have all the maneuvering room they need for Ezio to get it on as often as he wants as long as Desmond is the ancestor of something like the eighth child of Ezio.