World of Tanks

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: World of Tanks

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, I'm moving to day shift soon, so perhaps I can be online when you guys are at long last. Right now I could maybe platoon with some Aussies if we've got any who play... (I see a lot of people typing in Vietnamese when I'm typically on. >_>)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Rogue 9 wrote:Well, I'm moving to day shift soon, so perhaps I can be online when you guys are at long last. Right now I could maybe platoon with some Aussies if we've got any who play... (I see a lot of people typing in Vietnamese when I'm typically on. >_>)
Our hours are strange at best. Also, I put the SDN channel up when I can, I just keep forgetting. We've got a whole heap of US heavies though, and I have tanks for every occasion. I'm xthetenth in game and I tend to play the most of our group, so just ping me if you see me online.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

At some point, I'll drive a US heavy. For some reason, they just don't appeal... I guess they're not grey and boxy enough for me.

In the mean time, I'm pretty much up to the King Tiger, finally. Almost as far as I got in beta.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Vanas wrote:At some point, I'll drive a US heavy. For some reason, they just don't appeal... I guess they're not grey and boxy enough for me.

In the mean time, I'm pretty much up to the King Tiger, finally. Almost as far as I got in beta.
The US heavies are olive and bulbous, what more can you want? The gun depression rocks too, although I envy Germans their accuracy. Once you get a King Tiger it's awesome all the way in pretty much. The E-75 is my pick for best tier 9 and the E-100 is a hilarious nuker whose lower front isn't nearly as weak as I expected.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Gun depression? Ha! The incredibly tall, slab-sided German tanks have no need for such outmoded concepts!

I've been hearing comically good things about the E-75 from a clanning friend who has one. Just looking at it, the weaker lower hull has a truly insane slope on it. Everything about it screams 'King Tiger Plus'. So possibly some kind of Emperor Tiger.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Vanas wrote:Gun depression? Ha! The incredibly tall, slab-sided German tanks have no need for such outmoded concepts!

I've been hearing comically good things about the E-75 from a clanning friend who has one. Just looking at it, the weaker lower hull has a truly insane slope on it. Everything about it screams 'King Tiger Plus'. So possibly some kind of Emperor Tiger.
I was thinking about acquiring some clip art, possibly 40k related about that. Then I'd realized where I'd have to look. Anyway, it's an upsized King Tiger, with access to the Maus' gun, and better armor and apparently turning. Ouch.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

The E-75 is two things: Hilariously powerful, and insufficiently Russian enough to dodge the nerfbat. Pity, that. Wait, what am I saying, I drive American heavies. Fuck you, E-75. :)
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Got the SDN chat set up on the test server if anyone wants to have some fun shooting anti-social Russians in the face.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

Nice. I'm tempted to download it for a free trial of the Type 59, and to test out the T29.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Type 59 kind of sucks.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

How so other than it being a premium?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

DO IT NAÕ!!!!onesies!!!elevenses!!!secondbreakfast!!!

Type 59 gargles balls and takes all your starting gold. On the other hand my LOADer was named Shuxing Xemen. Chinese x's are pronounced something like an s if I remember right. I have a coffee joke for a loader. Then again, suck tank. Slow accelerating, horrid gun but it does have good armor. T-54 armor.

The new lights win at life. The T-50 feels like it belongs in Cel Damage. The T-50-2 is theoretically as fast as the T2 Light. The thing accelerates so fast I can reaction tank things just by switching directions. It barely loses speed in 90 degree turns. If you listen closely the engine sounds form Yakety Sax. The M24 gun is as accurate at 55 as most things are at 0. I don't have the super leo. Also, the Chaffee second turret is hilariously ugly. It also has five total machine guns, making it second to the M2 medium.
Zinegata
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zinegata »

So... I'm better off getting something else for the private test server than the Type 59?
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Zinegata wrote:So... I'm better off getting something else for the private test server than the Type 59?
Much. Also, T-50. Murovanka. Southwest spawn. I went along the south side, then looped up through the forest, then scrammed from their cap after spotting a lot, wagging my ass at them like a cheeky bastard. I pulled up over the northwest hill and bid adieu to their team, completing the lap. What did I do next? Why I lapped it the other way round, smacking a panther on the side of the head as I went by for damage, and then threading by a VK 3001 P and a house then getting the house as cover before he aimed at me and looping right back round, dodging medium fire on the south on my second return leg, before heading back to their cap to hit a VK 4501 Ausf B in the back for a track at the end of the game. The tank wins at everything.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

I got the kill shot on an American T-34 yesterday. In my Su-26. I hit him four times for about, oh, six or seven percent damage, including the kill. I know most of the credit belongs to someone else, but I still found it amusing.

Su-26, tier 3, underestimate at your peril. :)
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Okay, one of the other guys put this together, it's they Type 59 inaction. I kid, he's pretty good with it. I may put other videos up eventually.

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Ok, here's how retarded the CHaffee is...

Me and Fred just rolled two of them and murder-trolled a Tiger II, a JTiger, an an Su-14. Two tier five's that trolled a a tier nine TD, a tier eight heavy, and a tier six SPG. Chaffee is the new troll-tank.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Ok, here's how retarded the CHaffee is...

Me and Fred just rolled two of them and murder-trolled a Tiger II, a JTiger, an an Su-14. Two tier five's that trolled a a tier nine TD, a tier eight heavy, and a tier six SPG. Chaffee is the new troll-tank.
Just got one myself, though from watching a teammate in his T-50-2, that title of greatest troll tank is in contention. That guy killed three Jagdpanthers and two of the three scouts before he got nailed by an IS4. Thing has a speed of almost 70km/h and can mount the 57mm ZiS.

On the M24, I'm torn on the second turret. It's view range is 40 more than the base and mounts the 76mm...but given the enemies the M24 will face on the NA server, I really don't think the second gun is worth it, and the extra view range really doesn't justify the loss in mobility from the extra weight. That and the thing is fucking ugly. Cool as having three .50's is, the ear pods just irk me.

I tossed coated optics, a rammer and a v-stab on my M24. I dash around and pound on enemy scouts and meds before running for cover behind my teams heavies and looping around again. Barring the new German fantasy tank, the T-50-2 and the M24 getting nerfed into the dirt, the age of the skirmisher tank has finally come. Too bad it'll never catch on with the NA server. They'll just get buried under the pile of more and more heavy tanks and be forgotten by all but a few.

As an aside, I wish I could play on the test server forever. Even without the extra xp/creds/gold, the huge players count is great, and I love the RU players. They're so refreshingly aggressive that it's amazing after dealing with our servers crawl and camp pussy players. Great example is the goddamed hell map of Murovanka. I went in expecting more of the same firing line tactics. Instead, all the lights and mediums on both sides came howling out into the field for a righteous dogfight melee, artywhores sending shells overhead, while the heavies rumbled up for a sniper duel on each side. Nobody even bothered withe the fucking hill. It was awesome. I got five kills in my M24, one of them an E75.

We lost, but only barely, and i didn't mind. There was no contrivance, no luck shot by some pansy hiding in a corner with an indirect weapon, no getting tagged by a massive TD. Just the roar of cannonfire and the shriek of metal on metal from rammings and broadsides. It's been that way match after match. I love Russian players.

Meanwhile, every NA server player I've seen is hiding in a bush or behind a rock (even if they're a medium) as I dash by to mix it up with the impromptu squadron of skirmishers and fast mediums I joined in. It's hilarious.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
xthetenth
Jedi Master

Post by xthetenth »

Highlord Laan wrote:
Mr. Coffee wrote:Ok, here's how retarded the Chaffee is...

Just got one myself, though from watching a teammate in his T-50-2, that title of greatest troll tank is in contention. That guy killed three Jagdpanthers and two of the three scouts before he got nailed by an IS4. Thing has a speed of almost 70km/h and can mount the 57mm ZiS.
The T-50-2 is hilarious, but it just can't throw damage like the Chaffee without getting really close. That restricts its maneuver and all. The Chaffee can also tear into arty once it's spotted. That's worth a lot.
On the M24, I'm torn on the second turret. It's view range is 40 more than the base and mounts the 76mm...but given the enemies the M24 will face on the NA server, I really don't think the second gun is worth it, and the extra view range really doesn't justify the loss in mobility from the extra weight. That and the thing is fucking ugly. Cool as having three .50's is, the ear pods just irk me.
The second turret is worth it, and the gun is worth it. If you aren't going to be tearing into things, why are you driving a Chaffee? The advantage it gets is that it's a viable combat unit because it gives potent damage at stupid range while moving fast. That's it. Use it. Abuse it.
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

I finally got in on this. Made my way up to a T2 medium and Panzer II. It's a blast, but I suck.
Image[
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

The rediculous timidity of people who play mediums on the NA server is really obnoxious. They hide behind heavies and as soon as it goes down, they're done, because they're not smart enough to flank and pound shots into the sides and rear. Gets old.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Xess wrote:I finally got in on this. Made my way up to a T2 medium and Panzer II. It's a blast, but I suck.
You'll get better, I am. I can occasionally hit targets with things other than arty. My crappy video card still sucks, though.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Block wrote:The rediculous timidity of people who play mediums on the NA server is really obnoxious. They hide behind heavies and as soon as it goes down, they're done, because they're not smart enough to flank and pound shots into the sides and rear. Gets old.
it's not so much being timid as apathetic. We know whats on the other team, that being just as many or more heavies as ours, we know that the majority of the time we won't be able to do jack shit, and we know that the vast majority of heavy players are more concerned with their paint jobs that actually playing. After getting left unsupported to try and flank, skirmish or break through the enemy heavy line, most medium drivers either just give up, or start intentionally sabotaging heavy campers by forcing them to do their own "scouting".
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Highlord Laan wrote:
Block wrote:The rediculous timidity of people who play mediums on the NA server is really obnoxious. They hide behind heavies and as soon as it goes down, they're done, because they're not smart enough to flank and pound shots into the sides and rear. Gets old.
it's not so much being timid as apathetic. We know whats on the other team, that being just as many or more heavies as ours, we know that the majority of the time we won't be able to do jack shit, and we know that the vast majority of heavy players are more concerned with their paint jobs that actually playing. After getting left unsupported to try and flank, skirmish or break through the enemy heavy line, most medium drivers either just give up, or start intentionally sabotaging heavy campers by forcing them to do their own "scouting".
Mediums in a wolfpack can kick the shit out of heavies. I practically jump for joy when I wind up with a team top full of mediums against a few heavies; if they can be convinced to work as a fast-moving group (not a given, but if they do), they'll usually win, because heavy drivers sure as hell don't and they only have the one gun.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician