9/11, Ten Years Later

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Re: 9/11, Ten Years Later

Post by Lord Pounder »

I was 20 and in middle of a IT course. The day before we had made out choices to go for web development or hardware development. We had the 11th off as they needed to reorganise the class rooms. I had a nice lie in till midday and was just up grilling a few burgers for lunch. I was channel surfing and happened to be on CNN when the reports of the first plane started to come through.

My gut feeling was that now Americans would know how it feelsto feel unsafe . For years Americans, especially "Irish"-Americans funded terrorism and encouraged the IRA to blow large holes in London and Belfast and murder British Soldiers and police just for doing a job. Play with fire, get burned.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Lord Baal
Padawan Learner
Location: Segmentun Solar, Sol system, Terra, America, South America, Venezuela, Lara, Barquisimeto, my office

Re: 9/11, Ten Years Later

Post by Lord Baal »

I was on vacations (14 year old) on another city, the one where all my family comes from and a lot still remain. I was circling the channels on the living tv when I passed trough CNN, and this is something I'll never forget I saw live the second plane crashing over the tower.

First I thought what a horrible accident, I wonder at what time it was. Then I saw the "Live transmission" on the bottom and I say, what a coincidence, how is that CNN was filming that accident live, then it hit me, that's not an accident, I started to yell and my cousins on the kitchen yelled back, they watched the news speechless from a while now, and told me it that another one crashed earlier in the other tower.

I thought for myself: "This is going to get ugly". I have a friend on Pennsylvania called Sean Kane, I was very worried about him when I heard about the plane that crashed there. He was fine.

As a anecdote, a friend of mine, (neighbor of my cousins) just got back from holidays on Canada, and for those days was talking all about his new video camera, how awesome it was and that he will kick asses with it, but for some reason he had to wait for his family to send it over with a currier service, guess what, in the mess of that day his camera got lost, and a good chance is that was on board of one of those planes... XoS
[signature]Insert cliche or funny statement here. [/signature]